Ford Mustang
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Ford Mustang in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Anyone own one as a second or main car??? I am looking at the 2004 Mustang mach 1 as a ...
    Hetrain is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ford Mustang

Anyone own one as a second or main car??? I am looking at the 2004 Mustang mach 1 as a 2nd car... What a better way to match the luxury of a cadillac with the speed of a mustang?? Let me know what you think!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Gvit is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Ford Mustang

I would wait for the 05's to hit the streets. Much better looking, plus 300 HP & 320 lb.-ft. of torque.

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

DO NOT BUY THE 04, WAIT FOR THE 05. It is going to be a damn good stang.

Yea, im still not sure about the new mustangs... I dont know if I like the retro look or not, and dont know about the headlights.... I want something thats sleek and has style, but is fast as hell!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Lade
    DO NOT BUY THE 04, WAIT FOR THE 05. It is going to be a damn good stang.
    Hopefully there won't be too many bugs in the first production year. I've always loved Mustangs and would also love a current Mach 1. I know the styling is getting oldish, but the Mach makes it look good.
    If the 05's are going to have a shaker hood scoop, then I MIGHT wait.

actually, you should have posted this thread in the Lounge.

I always just go straight to the escalade forum, but now I know better. I know that you posted something about the mach 1. Will this new 05 stang have a sunroof?? All of the old ones dont I heard bc there is a bar or something in the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrain
    I always just go straight to the escalade forum, but now I know better. I know that you posted something about the mach 1. Will this new 05 stang have a sunroof?? All of the old ones dont I heard bc there is a bar or something in the way...
    Ya, "Mach 1 vs. Northstar" in the "versus" section. That was a fun testdrive, and I certainly wouldn't say "NO" to an 03 or 04 Mach. To be honest, I haven't followed what is coming out but maybe Gvit can answer our questions? I assume they will offer a Mach 1 for 05? Shaker? We need answers!

I just read that there will be a SVT Cobra edition with 400 horses and independant rear suspension late 2005-2006.... I bet this car can blow away all the rice rockets. Sense we have had the huge debate against the Chrysler 300c, do u think that this new 05 mustang could beat it stock?? It even can come with a 1000 watt stereo system with 2 subs in the door, 6 disc changer... This car looks like a winner! 300 Vs. 05 Stang??

Quote Originally Posted by Hetrain
    I just read that there will be a SVT Cobra edition with 400 horses and independant rear suspension late 2005-2006.... I bet this car can blow away all the rice rockets. Sense we have had the huge debate against the Chrysler 300c, do u think that this new 05 mustang could beat it stock?? It even can come with a 1000 watt stereo system with 2 subs in the door, 6 disc changer... This car looks like a winner! 300 Vs. 05 Stang??
    I think it would eat rice and spit it out, and I know you like the 300c, I do too, and I'm sure a 400 hp lighter Cobra will eat a 300c for breakfast. Don't you?

I have also read in the Aug 2002 issue of "Muscle Mustangs and FastFords" that the blown Cobra engine really makes about 425 hp. Ford had to choke off the intake and exhaust to get it to pass noise laws, and under full throttle it supposedly sounds like a jet taking off. According to one of the Ford test engineers, "its practically breathing through a straw."

OCESCALADE is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Buy the Cobra over the Mach. I put mine on the dyno and stock it is putting 365 hp and 365 TQ to the rear wheels, which equates to 425 hp with 15% power train loss. Spend about $1500 on a pulley and retuning and you can get 450 to the rear wheels. If you can wait in 2006 the new Cobra will have close to 500Hp and hopefully less wieght.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Hopefully my 06' Z06 will have those 500 hp numbers too, it's a good starting point.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

We just sold my wife's GT convertible a few months ago. It was a fun car to drive, but impractical because we are starting a family. Even the Base model GT is a fast car. We had around 30,000 on the clock and it never gave us any trouble. I believe the Mach 1 and Cobra models require premium fuel, so you might consider that if cost is a concern to you. I've never been a "Ford guy" but I have always loved the Mustang. I think it's a great choice for a second vehicle, and you can get the pre-owned cars relatively cheap (if you look at pre-owned make sure the tires have some life left in them...extra $$$ to replace them). There are also tons of aftermarket goodies to amp up the power...

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i like the mustangs from the late 90s. i really think they are going downhill on the style. i do like the power it has though and the ability it has for a lot more. but really, if i was going to buy a car like that, i'd rather have a vette.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

425 Hemi with 400 Tq and all wheel drive -vs- 400 H.P 'Stang with rear wheel drive?

MY dollar is on MoPAR ! 25 HP more and while the Mustang is burning rubber, the 300C will be 1/4 down the track. I think only a 'Vette will take it. BONE STOCK I am talking.

Harrison256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

omg u guys are so annoying get over it the 300c isnt that great... there isnt even a 425hp version out yet anyway.. when it comes out then you can brag...

im talking to the 300c braggers btw

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.