Cadillac IS better than Lincoln...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac IS better than Lincoln... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Yeah, I got my friend with me in the car (The 89 Sedan deVille) and his younger brother ridding in ...
    AElayyat is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 85 Fleetwood Brougham, 90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS

Cadillac IS better than Lincoln...

Yeah, I got my friend with me in the car (The 89 Sedan deVille) and his younger brother ridding in the back of the Caddy. The brother says "Damn man, this car rides better than my friend's 95 Towncar...what year is this thing?" My friend takes the liberty of answering the question by saying "This is an 89 Sedan deVille with 283k+ on the clock and if you think this rides nice his [about me] Fleetwood Brougham rides even nicer and its an 85!"

So its all about Cadillac, and I feel sorry for those people who wasted their money on Lincoln products.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: Cadillac IS better than Lincoln...

Seems like Caddy has always been a tiny bit better than Lincoln. Lately Caddy has moved upscale and Lincoln hasn't, so the gap will only widen.

barge master is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I had a couple old ones over the years and they had some good points. The bottom line was that every Ford car I had was a bigger pain in the ass than the one before it. I wouldn't mind another pre-80 Lincoln for a change just to drive now and then. Kind of like a little change in the sack you know? But my best girls will always be my Caddys. There's just something about the feel of Fords I just don't like.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Forget Lincoln. Cadillac has moved on to bigger and better targets: BMW, MB, Audi.

chuckdobbins is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 deville

ive had 2 cars in my 3+ year driving. a 1990 continental, and my caddy.

i didnt expect much of a difference, until i got to borrow the caddy before it was mine. the interior features on the lincoln were slightly ahead of the deville, but the cadillac blows the continental outta the water in every other aspect i can think of.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

you're are so right.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

I dont think Lincoln is slacking too much... The LS is a HOT car I think...

majax is offline 32V Northstar

yeah the LS aint bad at all elwesso . hahaha

seriously, it aint bad at all.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The LS V8 especially is a great car, shares its chassis with the Jaguar S-type. But the interior is just so dated. The switchgear and buttons look too 1995.

BUt the exterior looks very nice... You can tell its a lincolnf rom the frontbut from the sides/rear it looks VERY BMWey

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

...and you're saying that's a good thing?

Its certainly publically appealing, judging by the sales numbers...

lacmang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood Brougham, 66 Fleetwood

I've driven the LS and its nice, but it doesn't compare to a Deville. I've also driven Navigators and Escalades, I gotta admit the Navigator interior is nicer, the Escalade handles better and drives smoother. As for towncars, I really like the Towncar ultimate it rides nice, handles well and has cool features like factory pop trunk, and Cadillac doesn't have a big body car anymore if I had to choose though I'd still get the Deville. Lincoln always has and always will fall short of a Cadillac.

orange is offline Cadillac Owners Member

whats the tunring circle like between the 2? and fuel consumption...

i've seen a lot of caddies and a few lincs and the caddies LOOK 10X better inside and out all the time.. lincolns are nice rides, hell i almost bought one the other week, but they just dont look as nice and ALWAYS look like they're fallin apart more than 'lac..

the linc i was gonna get was a 1980 continental mark 6... was worse than a 76 eldorado i saw... just seems like GM cars usually have slightly higher build quality to them IMO

in the end ALL US cars i see here the A/C never works lol

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

You may not like this, but it's the truth.

I bought new a 1988 Sedan deVille, followed by a 1993 Sixty Special. In 2003 I was in the market again for a big "luxury" car. However, in the meantime, my very conveniently located Cadillac-Pontiac dealer closed up, after 53 years in business & 3 generations of owners. The current owner sold the property for 6 milllion and retired at age 31. Naturally, a builder built condos there. So.... the next nearest Caddy dealer is 26 miles away - but....it's 26 miles on an interstate at 65 MPH. Tough to do, if the car is 'broken' or cannot be driven over 25MPH due to?????? So, my nearest Lincoln dealer is just 7 miles, on "in-town" residential streets. A much easier ride. Furthermore, they hold the distinction of being the #1 dealer in America, in CSI with a SCI score of 99% So, I went & tried a 2003 deVille DHS. I found alot of tacky looking plastic, especially on the door panels, I found that the seats, (the part where your "rump" goes) to be too short. As in from the botoom of your back, going forward towards under your knees, was way to short. Otherwise, everything else was good, but the CD changer took up the entire glove box, which is dumb, and the trunk did not have a power closure.
    At Lincoln, the CD is in the trunk, out of the way, leaving a big glove box, the seat are more supportive and come all the way forward and offer support under the knees and there is no visable plastic, and lots of real wood trim. I drove the Lincoln and fell in love and bought it. It's now 19 months later, and I have never been back for a single problem, adjustment, squeek, rattle, mis-aligment or anything else. She rides & drives like a dream and corners especially well for a 215" long, 4600 pound car.
    What she needs? MORE POWER !! The 239 H.P. works hard with the A/C on. She needs 300 HP. Is lacking a very important 60 H.P. She relies upon her 3.73:1 rear axle ratio to do the job. It's a rocket ship from 0 to 37 MPH, then she goes into labor Lincolns are NOT junk. If you think they are, visit a dealer & take a 2004 out for a spin, I promise you'll be very impressed with the fit & finish, control placement, seats, quietness and - of course, the best "toy" of all, the power trunk closure feature. It totally freaks out BMW owners. Something you can sho off that they don't have. Open trunk, place item insude & walk away like you forgot to close it. With key fob in your pocket, & finger on the button, turn toward the Lincoln, when you are - say - 30 feet away, and say loudly, "CLOSE" as you push the button. The BMW owner thinks it's a voice activated trunk lid

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.