Cadillac IS better than Lincoln... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac IS better than Lincoln... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; THANKS FOR THAT 64 PIC!!!!! still wishing i bought that car (it was white)...... cant belive you sucessfully parked it ...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Re: Cadillac IS better than Lincoln...

THANKS FOR THAT 64 PIC!!!!!

still wishing i bought that car (it was white)......

cant belive you sucessfully parked it , i never got to drive the 64 i looked at but just looking i could tell it wouldnt be easy to navigate around in it .....

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

THAT Imperial had 4 hinges to hold the trunk up in the air, and springs the width of your arm for the front hood. Once we were down on Route 1 (truck route) where they weigh trucks. I was 18 and with my g/f and she said, "Hey lets go get weighed with us in the car" So, we did. 5,500 pounds. She was 124 and I was 175. So the Imp was 5,200 pounds.

Then we got a 1965. It was a Convertible & I was in 7th heaven!!! Daffodil Yellow with black leather & roof. Dad loved it. Mom hated it (color) and I........I lusted after it!

http://www.bilavefur.com/myndasafn/1...rdtop%20Sv.jpg

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

OH OH OH OH !!! they made a vert !!!!!

Forget the 63 contential vert ..i want one of those !!!!!

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

let me tell you all...our 1991 lincoln town car is one of the most reliable cars we have ever used. Our air bags blew out after a good 11 years...so i dunno about them lasting 5 years. That car is solid and well built as they come. I got the car at age 16 and as a young stupid person, abused it (harsh driving) but that car is still goin strong with 120,000 miles. Trans and powertrain are showing no problems at all. And Sandy, as nice as the new town car is, most of the feaures (except 1 or 2) you mentioned, is also avaialbe on the deville.

........And Sandy, as nice as the new town car is, most of the feaures (except 1 or 2) you mentioned, is also avaialbe on the deville.

No! DeVille's wood is fake & looks it. They put the CD into the Glove Box, leaving not even enough room for the owner's manual package. My CD is in a special "CD compartment" in a corner of the trunk in an enclosure, My hood raises itself automatically after you lift it 2 inches and I don't believe the Caddy does that. I also had hinged top compartments in both front doors, that are a decent size and the power closing trunk. There is no hard plastic on my door panels, just simulated leather & real wood, and satin nickel trim.
    I sat in the DHS and I guarantee the the seat cushion's length measured from where it meets the back-rest cushion going forward towards the steering wheel rim is at least 4" shorter than that of my Town Car.

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    ........And Sandy, as nice as the new town car is, most of the feaures (except 1 or 2) you mentioned, is also avaialbe on the deville.

No! DeVille's wood is fake & looks it. They put the CD into the Glove Box, leaving not even enough room for the owner's manual package. My CD is in a special "CD compartment" in a corner of the trunk in an enclosure, My hood raises itself automatically after you lift it 2 inches and I don't believe the Caddy does that. I also had hinged top compartments in both front doors, that are a decent size and the power closing trunk. There is no hard plastic on my door panels, just simulated leather & real wood, and satin nickel trim.
    I sat in the DHS and I guarantee the the seat cushion's length measured from where it meets the back-rest cushion going forward towards the steering wheel rim is at least 4" shorter than that of my Town Car.
    i dunno if my hood released at 2 inches exactly, but i do know, once the hood was lifted slightly, it raised up by itself. But as for the wood, its genuine zebrano wood trim.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

the interior wood on all Cadillacs was real wi the new interrior in 1992 (or the Seville and Eldo) and '94 for the DeVille...

Okay, I believe you, so take that away as well trhe self lifting hood. The remainder stands.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

If I was getting a new car I'd take a Town Car over a Cadillac any day. I like the way the Lincoln looks a lot better. I like the back too... probably better then the front. But the front does look better now that it has a hood ornament again

Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

Lightbulb Re: Cadillac IS better than Lincoln...

It's a shame that there are no more Imperials. I really wanted a 1981-83, but they were such lemons. The last Imperial, based on the K-car platform, was disgusting. An Imperial version of the 300C would be nice. :coolgleam

We had a 1982, the middle year of the bustle back. From 1981 thru 1983 they made 12,385. Of the 12,385, 12,385 were lemons! TRW was to blame. The EFI was made by TRW and every last one of them was defective. TRW also made the instrument panel. 75% of them went blank & lost their memory (and their mileage)! The rest of the car was good. But, every Chrysler dealer had at least 2 to 6 non-running Imperials parked in back of the building. Ours was georgous....bright Gold Metallic, called Goldenrod with Camel leather. We had it 14 months and sold it. During the 14 months we had it howver, we had visitation rights at the dealer to go & visit it

The 1990-1993 were good (however uninspiring) cars. At least the owners did not have the trouble the 81-83 owners had.
    On the Imperial Board I am on, rarely are these 2 series of Imps talked about. We feel that the last "real" Imperial was the 1975.

BTW, it will never return. Daimler-Benz does NOT want ANY Chrysler Corporation car to list for over $38,000.00. They do not want any Chrysler Corporation car to infringe upon Mercedes-Benz pricing structure. This has been reported in many places. To do a new Imperial correctly, it would need to retail for $63,000 at the very least. Not gonna happen under Daimler-Benz control.

an01sts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Cadillac has got away from the gadgets, so if you're a gadget person, a Cadillac may not be the car for you. My STS is gadget free, and lots of people who are unfimilar with the car look for and ask where are the gadgets. As far as gadgets go, and it view it as anything but a gadget, is the rain sensor wipers. My complaint with a design flaw is the CD changer. (If you don't use the CD changer, trunk mount is okay. If you use it, however, it becomes a pain in the rump. Because I swiped the one from my 99 when I traded it in, and the CD player crapped out way back when, requiring my whole unit--whith cd's--to be returned to the facory, I now have 3 cd cartridiges, giving me an 18 load of cd's. That means that I have 19 cds at my fingertips, allowing me selection to all, even while driving.)

I drove a Deville just before I trated in my 99. It's not that it isn't a nice car; rather, it isn't the car for me. When I drove it, I went about .3 mile, and returned to the dealership. They all came running out circeling the car like indians on a covered wagon. They thought I wrecked it. I said that there was no sense driving it if I didn't like it. Then I ordered my new STS.

There is a huge diffrence between the Deville and STS; as a result, I know for fact that I wouldn't like the Lincoln. I have never liked the way a Ford has a floppy feel in turns. It something ingrained in all Fords and many GM people know what I'm talking about. It seems logical that those who perfer Fords sense the same thing from GM Products. As a result, if you didn't like the way the Deville rode, you would probally like the STS's ride even worse. One of the big complaints that Deville owners have with Sevilles is that the ride quality of a tank.

I'll wrap this up with a comment about platstic. I know what you mean by the plastic Deville because I have had them as loaners. The STS doesn't have all that visible plastic, and unless you're going for overkill in the gadget department, you cannot pack more woodwork in a Seville.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.