Some Great New GM Products!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Some Great New GM Products!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I'm sure most of ya'll have at least heard of the 2005 Pontiac G6, 2005 Buick LaCrosse, and the new ...
    majax is offline 32V Northstar

Some Great New GM Products!!

I'm sure most of ya'll have at least heard of the 2005 Pontiac G6, 2005 Buick LaCrosse, and the new Subaru Legacy and Outback(partially GM cars). I wanted to know what everyone thought about them. Personaly I reall like the m all and they show fantastic improvement in GM products. My favorite is the Buick LaCrosse cause its pretty classy and buick is crazy good reliable, of course Pontiac aint bad either now. The G6 is pretty sporty and thats cool I think its one of the best Pontiac designs in a while, its got just the right amount of that pontiac style w/o goin to far. As for the Legacy and Outback well me and my bro testdrove the Legacy GT sedan it was pretty good and has great style and tight fits and stuff lol. All in all I think they are all really great cars and I like to see GM really turnin around with some great cars in the 20,000 range that draw much interest. I know there are a lot more new cars from GM, like the chevy cobalt and what not.

here is the LaCrose:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tid=3780&stc=1

here is the G6
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tid=3781&stc=1

Cadillac and GM fan,
    alex

mainly Cadillac but they are a part of GM so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Some Great New GM Products!!

What do you think?

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

It will be interesting to see how GM does as it continues to replace its high-volume "bread and butter" vehicles. I have a 10 point scale for replacement vehicles: 5 = same as old model, 10 = home run, 1 = utter failure. My opinion of old and new vehicles I've driven:

Catera v CTS: The '03 was an 8, only held back by the 3.2 engine. The '04 is a 10. I knew a few Catera owners and they were not happy campers. I nerver seriously considered a Cadillac until the CTS.

Malibu: 9 - This is a vastly improved car in comfort and handling. The only drawback is the ugly front end styling. I considered a Malibu LT as a daily driver, but my wife was stuck on getting a CTS.

S-10 v Colorado: 7 - My son has an S-10 and is basically happy with it. We were hoping for improvements in the Colorado. The exterior styling is nicer. The interior is a bit more roomy, but is very cheap looking. They kept the lousy S-10 seat frames with the recliners that break. The replaced the 4.3 V6 with a 3.5 I5 and I don't like the buzzy noises it makes. My son looked at the Colorado and decided to keep his S-10. If GM improves the interior and offers a diesel version, I may consider this truck for myself.

I'm looking forward to driving a C6 corvette in the near future and comparing it to my C5.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

The Buick steals alot of Taurus/ES330 cues...but I like it and its a big improvement for GM, I wonder how it will stack up against the Ford500/Merc.......I just dont like the fact that it wont have the Supercharged 3800 anymore.....if I were buying a new car I would definently look at that if it had it but without it I would look else where.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

The G6 needed the maxxes interior gadgets , the rear seats and audio video stuff manily , if it had that i think they would have a runaway hit !

the styleing is great in my book and you cant beat the G6's sunroof design

The there is the rumors it will have a 3.9 v6 and 6 speed manual box with 2 door or convertible bodys

ben72227 is offline Banned

I think a great new GM "upgrade" is that they're finally replacing the Chevy Cavalier with what looks like will be a (hopefully) better car, the Cobalt .

Still though, it will have a tough time competing with what has become THE compact sedan now (The Mazda3) which offers way more than any other compact sedan available(i.e. Civic, Cavalier, Focus, Echo, etc.).

Maybe though, Chevy will be able to compete with Japanese reliability. Only time will tell.....

Oh I'm sure chevy will be right up there with Japanese reliability.

CadiJeff is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1981 CoupeDeville, 2 1990 Eldorados, 1994ETC ,1992STS

I look at the buick and can't help but be reminded of the olds aurora (an excellent vehicle)....OhWell Olds is dead GO BUICK!

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Waiting to check out the Pontiac Solstice, look like it would fun to drive

Quote Originally Posted by CadiJeff
    I look at the buick and can't help but be reminded of the olds aurora (an excellent vehicle)....OhWell Olds is dead GO BUICK!
    I liked the '01+ Auroras

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

I like the Buick ok. The Pontiac is ugly, but hell I applaud Pontiac for at least making their vehicles differant looking and identifiable. The Cobalt doesn't look much differant from the Cav, but I like it a bit better.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.