Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison. - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Can a Honda be considered 'High End'?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We call them Acuras.

14 25.00%
  • Yes. Look at the Prelude and Accord.

3 5.36%
  • No. Simply no.

19 33.93%
  • No. Even the Acuras aren't truly high end.

20 35.71%
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i've seen alot of them on the highway, mostly in the rear-view mirror but if i was buyig a car ...
    Pimpin_Whity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison.

i've seen alot of them on the highway, mostly in the rear-view mirror
    but if i was buyig a car for my daughter (who is 12 and wants one to drag around on a string) then yeah, it's cool (she can even put a life sized barbie in there).
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin_Whity
    for my daughter (who is 12
    You must have slept with your elementary teacher. Go Pimp.

I would never buy one, but it does seem to look a LITTLE like a Mustang. Maybe that's the only reason I can stand the sight of them for more than a few seconds.

AWD OWNZ U is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wow, this isn't a message board it's a circle jerk. The CTS is a decent car, but it's nothing I'd go around puffing my chest about. I remember a kid brought a CTS-V to one of our meets. He spun (not intentionally) in the mall parking lot and almost killed a few people, impressive. :rolleyes2 One of my friends has a CTS 5spd, it's an alright car but it's no BMW. Another time I was driving along in my car with 3 other people in it and some tools (4 in their car) in a Northstar Seville (I know it's a Northstar because one guy felt the need to hang out his window and yell it repeatedly) convinced me to run them. My car was ~170hp and 2900lbs (sans people) then, and he could at best pull 3/4 of a car on me from a ~20mph roll (and I beat him once). Damn fast huh? All the previous caddies are huge ass floating boats and the new ones are like downgraded bimmers. I realize this is a caddy board, but you all are awful pompus for driving such mediocore cars.

P.S. In case anyone is wondering, I signed up because I was thinking of buying an older Seville STS, b/c they are hella cheap, big, and decent highway cars. I just couldn't help myself when I read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AWD OWNZ U
    I realize this is a caddy board, but you all are awful pompus for driving such mediocore cars.
    No, actually the term "pompus" belongs to BMW and Benz drivers. The Cadillac people I know on this Forum are the best I've ever met. You won't find people on the Benz forum willing to help others as on this Forum. I suggest you observe a little more BEFORE making insulting judgements like this.

If a CTS-V is "mediocore" what the hell do you call your Subaru?! And what does any of what you said have to do with Honda? And to think I "welcomed you" before I saw your trolling. You obviously do not plan to buy an STS like you mentioned on your introductory, so why pretend?

chuckdobbins is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97 deville

i was hoping this thread just wouldnt come back. and ive tried so hard not to continue to post into it. but this guy has left me no choice.

idk about you (or your subaru) but i appreciate cadillacs for what they are an AIM to be. the only lac with the intent of being "fast" was the cts-v. ALL of the rest are affordable (i use the term loosely) luxury cars. what is the craze of having such a fast car anyways. i argue with people all the time about this. the fact that your subaru will hit 60mph 4 seconds faster than my cadillac doesnt mean a thing to me. on the highway, the speed limit is generally in the 65 range. traffic can move at around 80 at times. hey guess what!? my car can travel at 80 too!!! IMAGINE THAT. i didnt buy a cadillac with the idea of racing anybody. i bought it for the reliability and comfort factors.

unless the legal limit increases x2 and you plan on driving your subaru at 140mph CONSTANTLY day in and day out and exceed 200k miles while riding in extreme comfort...i dont see any advantage.

until you do, ill continue to float around in my cadillac.

AWD OWNZ U is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    No, actually the term "pompus" belongs to BMW and Benz drivers.
    Just because they are also, doesn't mean you are less.

The Cadillac people I know on this Forum are the best I've ever met. You won't find people on the Benz forum willing to help others as on this Forum. I suggest you observe a little more BEFORE making insulting judgements like this.
    I was searching for Seville mods for 40-50min before I posted anything.

If a CTS-V is "mediocore" what the hell do you call your Subaru?!
    It's a great car for what it was designed to do. It rails on back roads, dirt roads, and snow. It's been dead reliable and tons of fun. I'd say it hit it's design target right on. Caddy on the other hand is a midpack luxury brand and really fails to distinguish it's self.

And to think I "welcomed you" before I saw your trolling. You obviously do not plan to buy an STS like you mentioned on your introductory, so why pretend?
    What makes you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckdobbins
    i was hoping this thread just wouldnt come back. and ive tried so hard not to continue to post into it. but this guy has left me no choice.
    Did I hold a gun to your head? You had a choice.

idk about you (or your subaru) but i appreciate cadillacs for what they are an AIM to be.
    What they are an AIM to be? I assume you mean what they aim to be? They aim to make up the ground they lost to the German brands and are now losing to the Japanese brands. Caddys are absolutely getting better but they are still outclassed by their competitors.

ALL of the rest are affordable (i use the term loosely) luxury cars. what is the craze of having such a fast car anyways. i argue with people all the time about this. the fact that your subaru will hit 60mph 4 seconds faster than my cadillac doesnt mean a thing to me. on the highway, the speed limit is generally in the 65 range. traffic can move at around 80 at times. hey guess what!? my car can travel at 80 too!!! IMAGINE THAT. i didnt buy a cadillac with the idea of racing anybody. i bought it for the reliability and comfort factors.

unless the legal limit increases x2 and you plan on driving your subaru at 140mph CONSTANTLY day in and day out and exceed 200k miles while riding in extreme comfort...i dont see any advantage.
    I guess it depends on your priorities. If all you want is a car to cruise the highway the caddy works great (which is why I was considering buying one). Some people like myself live where the road turns though and there the caddy save the CTS-V is not really in it's element. My Subaru would most likely destroy every caddy but the CTS-V (which I'll beat too with some more money) in most every performance measure save high speed acceleration. There is your advantage.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Maybe you dont' know this, but caddies hold up a lot better than subarus in accidents. I remember a friend hitting a subaru in his dads burb. THe kid was being an ass, and the suburbans bumper almost broke the drivers back. Damage on the burb. A dent on the front bumper. You do the math.

Looks like I have to deal with a "fighter" who thinks he is better educated than everyone else and probably got kicked off the Suburu Forums.

I'll sum up everything nicely for you. Nice and simple for your mind that is stressed so you bring it here and dump it on us:

You don't know me and yet you dare call me pompus! Shame! Some peoples children. You sound very jealous or bitter for some reason, but you should not try to insult people here and burn your bridges so fast. You have insulted by calling our cars mediocure at best, and Cadilac owners as pompous. What if you buy a Cadillac, what then? Would you take it back, or too proud. (I'm betting the latter) And don't kid me about wanting to buy a real car (Cadillac) because no one has ever come on this Forum flaming the brand and expecting to fool anybody.

WOW!! You searched a whole 40-50 minutes!!?? Pin a rose on your nose. That's quite an accomplishment. Yet you know everything about Cadillacs and everything about the personalities of the members of the forum are all pompus for driving a nice luxury car and not a Honda wannabe. Go back to driving your little shoebox that looks like every other car on the road today. You got a good job, why don't you buy some class, anything but an award winning Cadillac because you wouldn't appreciate it anyway.

As for Cadillacs being "outclassed by their competitors" that is purely your opinion. (and an uneducated one at that!) I, on the other hand have provided much proof throughout this thread if you bothered to read the whole thing, regarding Cadillacs and posting links to other makes being MUCH more troublesome than any Cadillac. As well as quality surveys and reports. Toyota has lost a lot of ground and actually fall behind GM in long-term reliability. The Mercedes problems have been on-going in the last few years and their serious safety and electronic nightmares have become famous. The Japanese have lost ground overall and some owners like yourself must feel threatened by this and lash out at others for no reason! Even my MB dealer had to admit to me they are not what they used to be. If that isn't enough, there is JD Power whic currently places Cadillac in the number 2spot ONLY AFTER LEXUS. But you should know all this because you spent 40 minutes reading everything.

I don't think I may waste my time with you again. You are just here looking for a fight when I am usually the most easy going person in the world to get along with, but wait, I'm pompus and my car is mediocure at best. So you wouldn't know that. As if I would EVER have the nerve to go to the Suburu Forum and call their cars mediocure and insult them! I wouldn't be that reckless and stupid. That is something only a pompus, self-centered person who is jealous would do! :rolleyes2

In case you missed it, read this and see if ANY Cadillac problems are as bad. If you desire, I'll post some nice, deadly Japanese recalls and safety defects for you. Good Day Sir! (polite too)

http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/mlclass.php

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    Maybe you dont' know this, but caddies hold up a lot better than subarus in accidents. I remember a friend hitting a subaru in his dads burb. THe kid was being an ass, and the suburbans bumper almost broke the drivers back. Damage on the burb. A dent on the front bumper. You do the math.
    Save your breath, he just wants confrontation and to feel superior with his Honda wannabe. Insults and name calling don't cut it with me. He has no plans to buy a Cadillac based on them being "outclassed" and "mediocure at best."

Some pompus people like myself see right through that crap.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Easy boy. I understand. He can like what he wants, and when his car falls apart at 150k because he probably abuses it, then you can laugh at him.

illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!

awd ownz u... so you own a subaru eh??? my dick is bigger than your whole f****** car! hell, if you want to come on a cadillac forum and spew bullshit and start flaming, good then. i like to think of your type as MEDIOCRE: yes ownz u, that encapsulates you. tell you what, why dont i take a nice STS and run right into your car, and then lets race. you will then see who has the better car. better yet, why dont you just run your 2.5 rs into an alluminum trash can...i can imagine the damage then. i would bet a ricer wing that your car would be busted up pretty good.

illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!

2001 subaru impreza 2.5 rs
    Transmission: Manual
    0-60:

1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

wow! what a fast and furious car DUDE!

guess what? my 4.9 will kill this thing...in a strait line and a line leading to the side of your car. wanna make a bet who's car will outlast the other? ill keep the nice ricer wing in handy DUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by illumina
    2001 subaru impreza 2.5 rs
    Transmission: Manual
    0-60:

1/4 Mile:

1/4 Speed:

wow! what a fast and furious car DUDE!

guess what? my 4.9 will kill this thing...in a strait line and a line leading to the side of your car. wanna make a bet who's car will outlast the other? ill keep the nice ricer wing in handy DUDE.
    I think the CTS would easily take him with 255 hp and 252 lbs ft of torque. He talks big, but I think he should post some kills in that section if he has such a world beater.

p.s. those Suburu's are so ugly and have NO CLASS.

CADILLAC OWNZ U

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Quote Originally Posted by illumina
    why dont you just run your 2.5 rs into an alluminum trash can...i can imagine the damage then.
    Now now lets not ruin any trash cans, I am talking about the car of course.

As for ripin on the CTS, you may have AWD but I bet it may just out manuver you. Wow I think I could run a 16.1 second quarter mile . I will forgive you, but you do need to apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    then you can laugh at him.
    But I'm already laughing at him. I wonder what he will flame next? The possibilities are endless.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.