Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison. - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Can a Honda be considered 'High End'?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We call them Acuras.

14 25.00%
  • Yes. Look at the Prelude and Accord.

3 5.36%
  • No. Simply no.

19 33.93%
  • No. Even the Acuras aren't truly high end.

20 35.71%
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Thats how the Japanese started, The first Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla were pieces of $hit at best, the only ...
    ben72227 is offline Banned

Re: Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison.

Thats how the Japanese started, The first Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla were pieces of $hit at best, the only thing they had going was the LOW price tag.
    And the American car companies were exactly the opposite; you went from the Ford SHelby Mustang to the ....hmmm....lets randomly pick one....how 'bout the '82 mustang. They went from beauties to beasts (and i mean UGLY by beasts )

Hell, the cars would probably still be ugly today if it wasn't for Mazda introducing the *risky style* of the Miata way back in '89. SO not only were Jap cars more reliable than American cars, but they started to look better too.

And what did the American manufacturers do? Not a damn thing! They severly underestimated how strong the Jap cars would become and just kept making ugly, unreliable cars (i.e. Cadillac Cimarron anyone???) By the time GM realized what was coming, it was too late. Honda and Toyota became the best sellings cars in America, and its all GM's fault for being lazy and underestimating the competition.

Sure, GM will probably get up to a decent level of reliability and styling in about 10 years, but they're going to have to stay on the track they're on now. And even now, the cars are somewhat OVERstyled. (i.e. Chevy SSR, Cadillac CTS, new Corvette, etc.) The CTS was way too much of a change, and even though we've gotten used to it, its still a boxy sedan with curves. The "styling" isn't too refined, as you would see on a BMW, Mercedes, even ACURA! The overall exterior of the CTS looks like an afterthought, with its JUMBO headlights/fog lights, ugly, unrefined grill (EXCEPT ON THE CTS-V, which looks okay), and CHEAP INTERIOR!

To be quite honest, if they just made the CTS look like the CTS-V, it would be a great sedan. They could still have the V with the LS6 V8, and just keep the CTS with V6 and a nice looking exterior.

Anyways, i should probably stop ranting now....
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

etcCanuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    And the American car companies were exactly the opposite; you went from the Ford SHelby Mustang to the ....hmmm....lets randomly pick one....how 'bout the '82 mustang. They went from beauties to beasts (and i mean UGLY by beasts )

Hell, the cars would probably still be ugly today if it wasn't for Mazda introducing the *risky style* of the Miata way back in '89. SO not only were Jap cars more reliable than American cars, but they started to look better too.
    Which 80's Jap car was actually nice?? Miata? Ugly. Honda? Ugly. Toyota? Ugly. You can say american 80s car were ugly, but the jap cars were even worse. As for current styling, I dont love the new style CTS, but on the other hand at least when it drives by it looks different. BMW started making unique style vehicles a few years ago, Mercedes hasnt changed in years, and Acura is the flagship for BORING!!!! And if you're looking for a cheap interior, try looking in one of those acuras. If you want to see REALLY ugly styling cues, look at the massive tail-lights on a Acura MDX, or the entire Honda Element (WTF were they thinking?) Or look at Lexus, they have a good build quality but the exterior looks like a $20,000 car. (Aside from the SC). The Japanese have produced VERY few cars that I would call beautiful, they have never been styling leaders by any means.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by etcCanuck
    or the entire Honda Element (WTF were they thinking?)
    What the hell were they thinking??!! Even if that thing had a Vtec V12, I would still laugh at it. The box I put my dress shoes in is more attractive, but that doesn't mean I want to drive it either.

The 1970's Jap cars were JUNK imo! If you lived in a small town, you could never get parts for them, and how many of them do you still see on the road today??? Everyday I see 70's cars and trucks (remember Mercury trucks, Fargos, etc.) on the road so no one can tell me about long term quality. (which is the area the Japanese have lost ground in recently)

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

That kind of silence is spooky. I like hearing the growl of my V8.

Acura knows that it competes in a higher-volume lower-end segment of the luxury market, giving existing Honda owners a place to move up. But they do not and will not compete aggressively in the 60k-80k area with MB, Infiniti, Lexus, VW, and Audi.

I guess you could call Acura a "practical luxury" brand. That said, the new TL has some pretty ritzy features.

-Jesda

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    To be quite honest, if they just made the CTS look like the CTS-V, it would be a great sedan. They could still have the V with the LS6 V8, and just keep the CTS with V6 and a nice looking exterior.
    You do realize that the CTS-V has the exact same body as a CTS but with a body kit don't you? I agree it looks a bit more menacing, but the overall designs are literally identical. The front bumper cover and slight flair in the sideskirts are the only major differences at all in body design.

Your opinion that the CTS grill is too large but the V one is just right is confusing too seeing as the two parts are exactly the same size.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You know whats funny, these two car companies are completely uncomparable. :deadhorse

These people had good luck with their 1991 Fleetwood fwd:

http://www.epinions.com/auto-review-...39A81A27-prod3

I wish I could find some more reviews.

Uh OH, an Acura complaint of no torque, bad seats, and horrendus turning radius, what is the world coming to?

http://www.epinions.com/auto-review-...3A498E7B-prod5

etcCanuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    You know whats funny, these two car companies are completely uncomparable. :deadhorse
    Good Summary!!!

lacmang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood Brougham, 66 Fleetwood

anybody seen the commercial with the hondas and there owners?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/antihonda.php

Pimpin_Whity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

that's a really sad commercial, execpt for the michal jackson part

while as sad as it is, that was the piont i wanted to make when i opened the thread today.
    when i see a more beautiful and reliable toyta solara instead of a cadillac edorado in a mafia car shase getting hit by 4000lb cars and shot up whith maching guns and drivng away then i'll go "tade mine in, for like.......10 of those".

there are examples of bold styling of japanese companies on the street today, the late 90's caddy real license plate holders on the lexus, the porche 911-ness of the 350z, the s class merc-ness of the lexus ls, the "ugly" 80's 5.0 stang styling on a truy ugly 90's supra.........i can go on forever about innovative japanese styling, but because of time and space issues i choose not to.

I think those new Solara convertibles are very nice looking, especially with the white leather and dash to match with silver accents for stereo, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    I think those new Solara convertibles are very nice looking, especially with the white leather and dash to match with silver accents for stereo, etc.
    better looking then your caddy?

just went to toyota.com and looked at the new solara and it looks like a deformed lexus cs (like the lexus isn't deformed enough). and they actually offer stock rice parts, i can imagine them selling stock civics with wings and body kits

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin_Whity
    better looking then your caddy?
    For a classy luxury car, no way man, I'll keep mine. However, for an upscale (from a Civic ) coupe that is of a decent mid-size, the Solara looks pretty good. I like the rounded curved corners. It seems like every car including Cadillacs are getting boxy again, and not that there's anything wrong with that, but I guess I like curves, and not just on cars either.

You would have to see one in person I suppose. They are bigger than you would magine. Aren't they a 2 door Camry basically? Still fairly powerless like most Toyotas, but nice looking.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.