Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison. - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Can a Honda be considered 'High End'?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We call them Acuras.

14 25.00%
  • Yes. Look at the Prelude and Accord.

3 5.36%
  • No. Simply no.

19 33.93%
  • No. Even the Acuras aren't truly high end.

20 35.71%
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey, whitey, we'll have a little race, and i think i'll give you a head start...
    RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison.

Hey, whitey, we'll have a little race, and i think i'll give you a head start
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    It's TRUE. TRUE. TRUE. I know you don't want to accept it, but overall Imports are just better. Period. in everything .
    Consumer Reports gave the CTS (V) a bad review despite it selling in record numbers, and the other quality surveys all praised it. Someone once said "they should stick to reviewing toasters," which about summs it up. Also, from what I've heard, CR has advertizements for autos, etc. in their magazine. So, do you thing they are going to give a good review to an automaker that didn't support them??? Kinda like politics huh???

In the end, I guess you are right, what does JD Powers know anyway? I mean all those annoying people do is poll owners of certain autos and report fact.

fastball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Funny thing about all this is I never compared a Honda directly to a Cadillac...... Acura, but not Honda.

I love how you Detroit junkies love to take stuff out of context to make it convenient for your arguements, especially when I initially praised the CTS for being the first true European and Japanese fighter from GM.

Almost makes me embarrased to actually be looking at them, knowing my future fellow Cadillac owners are territorially biased beyond reason.

Having owned Hondas for years and actually considering a CTS shows true open mindedness...... something some of you need to work on.

The reason I joined this forum in the first place was to find out all I could about the CTS from experienced CTS owners. But you know what I found? People who own Cadillacs other than CTS seem to be rude. People who own a CTS are pretty nice. I've been on Honda and Acura forums for years, and I'd assimilate typical CTS owners to any Acura or Honda owner, while the rest of Cadillac owners seem to have a chip on their shoulder, as if "how dare that person who's driven an import for so long have an interrest in a Cadillac".

CadillacBlue5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hahah Hondas arent even close to being high end.

Quote Originally Posted by fastball
    Funny thing about all this is I never compared a Honda directly to a Cadillac...... Acura, but not Honda.

I love how you Detroit junkies love to take stuff out of context to make it convenient for your arguements, especially when I initially praised the CTS for being the first true European and Japanese fighter from GM.

Almost makes me embarrased to actually be looking at them, knowing my future fellow Cadillac owners are territorially biased beyond reason.

Having owned Hondas for years and actually considering a CTS shows true open mindedness...... something you all need to work on.
    If you bothered to read any of my posts from last year, when I was offered $22,000 for my car, I came within 500 dollars of buying a Honda Civic!! Boy, am I glad I declined.

I have also commented on how the only German car I would buy is a BMW because Benz is not looking good for the '03-'04 model year concerning electronics, etc.

Don't be shy around here, you can call me out by name if you have to.

p.s. you should be thrilled that Canadians are fully supporting the AMERICAN economy by purchasing more than 50 percent of all U.S. auto exports. Something to think about, eh?

fastball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    Don't be shy around here, you can call me out by name if you have to.

I'm not calling anyone out specifically, I don't even know anyone specifically here. I do, however, get the feeling there are two distinct, vastly different genres of Cadillac owners:

CTS, and all others.

Quote Originally Posted by fastball
    I'm not calling anyone out specifically, I don't even know anyone specifically here. I do, however, get the feeling there are two distinct, vastly different genres of Cadillac owners:

CTS, and all others.
    Well, at least you know me. LOL! Sorry if I seemed harsh in the past. I guess I was trying to get my points across and I'm a bit of a brute sometimes.

There are just so many different types of Cadillacs I confess I hardly ever get to the Seville, CTS, Escalade forums very often, but it's fun to learn about them.

Pimpin_Whity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    Hey, whitey, we'll have a little race, and i think i'll give you a head start
    if u're implying that u'll be in a s2000 and me in that new cobra then yeah.
    but if u want me to degrade myself to even think about racing your about to roll over Blazer in my Cadillac then u dont know what u're saying.

and why is Ford bad? look at the whole line of Mustangs, Cobras and GT 40s they made. and the 06 Mustang Cobra is going to kick some serious butt. u guys dont know what u're talking about. "imports are just better" yeah, of coarse they are, better to drive then lawn mowers that is (i'm not refering to any European cars like Jaguar, Mercedes, Aston Martin, etc....). but yeah an Acura coupe has better crash test ratings (u know how they test that), but what they fail to test is my caddy slamming through the side of that Acura, i wana see the results of that crash test.

BTW, Ralph, Natasha is looking sexy today

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin_Whity
    BTW, Ralph, Natasha is looking sexy today
    Thanks! You had better not be implying there are days she doesn't look good! Because THAT'S just impossible.

I still believe that the new Cadillacs will get the reputation back for quality over imports but time will prove all I guess. My Dentist friend has a 2002 S2000, and it realy is silly how it has to be revved to get ANY kind of decent power. But, they are light, so it doubles as a little coffin if you have an accident, so in that way, I guess they are practical cars.

etcCanuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    I still believe that the new Cadillacs will get the reputation back for quality over imports but time will prove all I guess.
    ....Or the japanese and euro imports will continue their decline in quality and people be saying how their Korean or Taiwanese car is FAR better build quality than the japanese....

Pimpin_Whity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by etcCanuck
    ....Or the japanese and euro imports will continue their decline in quality and people be saying how their Korean or Taiwanese car is FAR better build quality than the japanese....
    i can imagine:
    now -- <asian accent> "my Honda S2000 is way better then your POS Porche GT2......ahahahaha!!!"
    future -- <korean accent> "my Hyundai Elantra is way better then your Honda Accord, it is more reliable and weighs 4 times less so it requires a .5L v2......hahahaha!!!!!"

P.S. i hope i'm not around when this happens

Quote Originally Posted by etcCanuck
    Actually those are good points! Anything from Taiwan is good quality, its China's quality that seems to leave a lot to be desired. However, China's economy is beginning to boom and there is a huge untapped market there for quality American Luxury cars, etc. I even posted in the rumour section about China's economy sparking the development of the Cadillac Sixteen. (from Carconnection.com) Apparently China has many new millionairres because of this growth and they are beginning to demand luxury products.

The Japs have slipped in quality as evidenced by the current ratings, but the perception of quality persists.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin_Whity
    i can imagine:
    now -- <asian accent> "my Honda S2000 is way better then your POS Porche GT2......ahahahaha!!!"
    future -- <korean accent> "my Hyundai Elantra is way better then your Honda Accord, it is more reliable and weighs 4 times less so it requires a .5L v2......hahahaha!!!!!"

P.S. i hope i'm not around when this happens
    I read somewhere (maybe Car connection) that Hyundai tied and/or beat Toyota in quality/fit and finish! It's happening my friend! 7 years ago Hyundai was junk, remember the Pony?

Today I took a look at the Kia "Arnage" ? Anyway, its the larger Kia that looks like a Jag S-type with all the wood in it. I couldn't believe how beautiful it looked, round, tapered headlights, etc. but then I remembered that Kia is near the bottom of JD Power along with Land Rover and VW.

etcCanuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thats how the Japanese started, The first Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla were pieces of $hit at best, the only thing they had going was the LOW price tag.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

[QUOTE=Pimpin_Whity]if u're implying that u'll be in a s2000 and me in that new cobra then yeah.
    but if u want me to degrade myself to even think about racing your about to roll over Blazer in my Cadillac then u dont know what u're saying.
    QUOTE]

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.