Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison. - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Can a Honda be considered 'High End'?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We call them Acuras.

14 25.00%
  • Yes. Look at the Prelude and Accord.

3 5.36%
  • No. Simply no.

19 33.93%
  • No. Even the Acuras aren't truly high end.

20 35.71%
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Well, its silly to compare Honda to Cadillac anyways. They're in completely different categories; Luxary Cars and Economy Cars. Honda's ...
    ben72227 is offline Banned

Re: Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison.

Well, its silly to compare Honda to Cadillac anyways. They're in completely different categories; Luxary Cars and Economy Cars.

Honda's are, as most good Jap Cars (Toyota, Nissan, etc.) are, reliable. That's the draw to a Honda. As a whole, they're so maintainance free, its crazy. Very well engineered automobiles, for what they are. American vehicles still have a ways to go (even though they are catching up)

gothicaleigh, to give an example of my point, while the CTS may have better stats than the honda, you won't see a Honda S2000 with Rear Differential Whine, lame interior (not much to expect from a Honda, lots to expect from a CADILLAC CTS, which turned out to have one of the more disappointing interiors (i.e. loaded with plastic)), and ride vibrations (quite upsetting in a Cadillac) to just name a few.

Also, realize that the CTS is the cheapest Caddy, while the S2000 is the most expensive Honda. Whether this makes much of a difference, I don't know. But i felt i needed to point it out.

While I think the new CTS is a step in the right direction for Cadillac, I'd still rather give my $30,000 to the BMW dealer for a Certified Pre-Owned 5 Series. And that's another thing too - why did Cadillac have to copy the alphanumeric naming system that BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus had? They should have just called it Catera version 2
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Those cars have more than twice the motor of the honda though, thats what your forgetting.

etcCanuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    I've got a honda that can beat all your caddys.
    Looks like the CTS-V would beat your S2000 to crap. And can carry passengers and cargo and driven in the winter...

you can't drive a V in the winter, don't give me that bullcrap, at least not in new england. Posi don't mean much when your only five inches off teh ground if that.

I think ben is pretty accurate though.

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    Those cars have more than twice the motor of the honda though, thats what your forgetting.
    The honda is at least a full 1000lbs lighter than the all those cars. Small convertables are NOT good winter vehicles. With some Blizzaks the car is fine for driving in the city.

I live in Canada, we get LOTS of winter...

Yea, well... I live in New England, and we get a whole lot of everyones crap.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227

Honda's are, as most good Jap Cars (Toyota, Nissan, etc.) are, reliable. That's the draw to a Honda. As a whole, they're so maintainance free, its crazy. Very well engineered automobiles, for what they are. American vehicles still have a ways to go (even though they are catching up)
    I see that this myth prevails despite all the evidence Goth, RB, and myself have shown. I hear what you are saying about interiors, with that in mind, even my Dad's 1979 Nova is rattle and squeek free! I can also point to web sites that have many upset Toyota Corolla owners who have complained of rotten egg smell, as well as rattles and squeeks, etc.

I estimate another 10 years before people start getting out of the myth that the current Jap cars are somehow superior. I've posted MORE than enough evidence on this thread to dispell any Japanese auto superiority IMO. With the exception of Lexus, but that gap will close.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    I see that this myth prevails despite all the evidence Goth, RB, and myself have shown. I hear what you are saying about interiors
    My CTS is an early 2002 build and I have over 50k miles on it. Not a squeek so far. I also find the interior to be of better quality than my previous Eldorado and ETC. Those both developed rattles (although neither were as bad as my brother's Civic ). The materials in the CTS look harder than they are due to the crease design. Most are soft to the touch though. The center console and armrest are the only two areas that I would say are made of 'cheap plastic'. The rest isn't any worse than what has been used in Caddys in the past... and the rubbery dash and firm door pulls are definately of better quality than most.

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    My CTS is an early 2002 build and I have over 50k miles on it. Not a squeek so far. I also find the interior to be of better quality than my previous Eldorado and ETC. Those both developed rattles (although neither were as bad as my brother's Civic ). The materials in the CTS look harder than they are due to the crease design. Most are soft to the touch though. The center console and armrest are the only two areas that I would say are made of 'cheap plastic'. The rest isn't any worse than what has been used in Caddys in the past... and the rubbery dash and firm door pulls are definately of better quality than most.
    I sat in a brand new orange (I don't keep up on the names of colors too much) CTS this weekend and I was VERY impressed. I do like the look of wood mind you, but impressive. I found nothing cheap in that CTS, and I bet in 10 years with minimal care your interior will look as mint as my 1991 interior with only 30,000 miles! It still appears and smells factory fresh!!! If people have wrecked and worn interiors perhaps they should consider what they are doing to them? The dog or family cat running around in it? Children spilling drinks like sticky pop, etc. Like I said, with minimal care...

I should have added that the 1991 Grand Marquis I sold to my Dad is still rattle free with 235,000 kms on it, as well as a rattle free Cadillac Fleetwood fwd, and no complaints here.

Cool Re: Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison.

I estimate another 10 years before people start getting out of the myth that the current Jap cars are somehow superior. I've posted MORE than enough evidence on this thread to dispell any Japanese auto superiority IMO. With the exception of Lexus, but that gap will close.
    Notice how i said AMERICAN cars; i too think that GM makes superior automobiles, but as a whole, Japan (Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc.) makes better cars than America (Ford, especially Chrysler, some GM). Besides being more reliable (as a whole, mind you) Jap cars tend to have better styling (i.e. Honda S2000, Mazda everthing , Nissan) vs their American counterparts(i.e. Chevy Cavalier, Pontiac everything, and most Fords) just look bland.

To be frank about it, if American cars were as reliable as Jap cars, Mechanics would be on welfare.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    To be frank about it, if American cars were as reliable as Jap cars, Mechanics would be on welfare.

I agree with you as far as the lower end cars, but when you look at middle to higher end autos, it seems the japanese are no better than the americans or the europeans, they all have problems!! The more gizmos that go into a car, the higher likelyhood something will fail, and in the modern marketplace ALL manufacturers buy parts from the same place (Bosch, Delphi, Brembo, etc.) I bought a American made quad with VDO gauges on it! I agree that GM makes better vehicles overall than the other two (except electrical systems, GM is the worst), fact is when a import breaks down, its a "mechanical object that needs fixing from time to time" where as the domestic is a "inferior build" when it breaks, its just bad misconception.

Pimpin_Whity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

since we cant compare a Caddy to the s2000 (which to my understanding stands for shit2000 or 2000lb shit ), well take another american car company , namely Ford.

i think the pictures says it all, but here are the specs:
    6.4L v10 that pumps out 605bhp

u can figure it out from there

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin_Whity
    since we cant compare a Caddy to the s2000 (which to my understanding stands for shit2000 or 2000lb shit ), well take another american car company , namely Ford.

i think the pictures says it all, but here are the specs:
    6.4L v10 that pumps out 605bhp

u can figure it out from there
    Of course we can figure it out from there. Its a FORD, as in Fix Or Repair Daily, Found On Road Dead, or whatever acronym you want to use. Fords will never be up to GM's level. Period. As long as they keep their mediocre styling (on the models that normal people buy, not the $150,000 GT), and their overall non-reliable Engines, Transmissions, Rollovers , and whatever else they will be Fords. Remember Pimpin Whity, Friends don't let friends drive Ford.

etcCanuck, you are right about the majority of problems being in lower end models (i.e. Chevy Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire, Cadillac CTS ) but the Jap high end models (i.e. Lexus LS 430) are exceptionally better than Cadillac models(Deville especially and also Seville) when it comes to reliability.

Just to add fuel to the fire, the Consumer Reports "Cars of 2004" had only one Domestic car (Ford Focus SVT) and Kelley Blue Book's "Top Value Holders or 2004" listed NO Domestic Cars. It's not a "myth" as some of you are calling it. It's TRUE. TRUE. TRUE. I know you don't want to accept it, but overall Imports are just better. Period. in everything .

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.