Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Can a Honda be considered 'High End'?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We call them Acuras.

14 25.00%
  • Yes. Look at the Prelude and Accord.

3 5.36%
  • No. Simply no.

19 33.93%
  • No. Even the Acuras aren't truly high end.

20 35.71%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My Prelude has the "sport-shift" transmission. It's been a MAJOR problem for Honda. They extended my warranty to 100,000 miles ...
    Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Re: Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison.

My Prelude has the "sport-shift" transmission. It's been a MAJOR problem for Honda. They extended my warranty to 100,000 miles and 7 years. Fortunately for Honda, there aren't but about 60,000 Preludes out there, and probably 35,000 were manual transmissions.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

fastball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm not surprised at the reactions from most of you...... as you are all pretty much "Detroit or bust" consumers anyway. And that's fine. Your opinion.

I'm on honda-acura.net as well, and the opinions there are, well, different. Different strokes for different folks.

I have, however, been messing with cars for 20 years (I was 13 when I rebuilt a 305 for an 83 Riviera). ALL kinds. From Hondas to Cadillacs to BMWs to Jaguars to Fords to Fiats. And one thing I have come to admire, which is what steered me to buy Honda, is that their cars are solid, refined, put together tighter than a Catholic school girl, and just don't break down. The fit and finish of Japanese and German cars is so well put together that at 100k, there is still not a shake, rattle, or squeak. No gaps in the dash, body pannels, or switchgear. Everything works as intended for as long as you own the car. Now you can't tell me that's the case with American cars. Sagging headliners, cracked and faded dashboards, flimsy door pannels, terribly wide gaps in the body pannels (inconsistant I may add), and shakes and rattles in cars that the equivalent import would just start to be broken in. My point is that GM knows how to build them, but they don't. For a multitude of reasons that would take countless sepparate threads to talk about. I read a book titled "The End Of Detroit", written about 2 years ago, and the opinions I've had for years were pretty much parallel with the scope of the book. I do admit, GM has made huge strides ever since Bob Lutz came aboard, and I admire what they've been doing. If they prove all these new vehicles can last 200k without major repairs (CTS, STS, G6, LaCrosse, Cobalt, and future new vehicles), smooth and silent engine operation, and the interior stays together for that duration, they will succeed. Only time will tell.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by fastball
    The fit and finish of Japanese and German cars is so well put together that at 100k, there is still not a shake, rattle, or squeak. No gaps in the dash, body pannels, or switchgear. Everything works as intended for as long as you own the car. Only time will tell.
    Apparently you are incorrect about "time telling" how these cars hold together. That is simply not the case with regard to Benz. Are you a rational person??

Since you dragged Benz into this logical (until now) discussion, click on the "ML class" and read the horror. These are legit owners, and the official MB consumer warnings site, not to mention the nightmare prices MB charges for a simple Cat converter, etc:

http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/mlclass.php

You were saying....about Cadillac quality: Cadillac BEAT TOYOTA my friend:
    http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=175&n=156

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7086

The car connection is one of the most trusted and respected automotive sources for info on all types of cars......are you a rational person????

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Well im not detroit or bust , ive owned 3 nissans 1 infiniti and one honda

The honda out of the 3 by far was the worst , a 95 Civic HX , had the cheapest interior i have ever seen , and interior fit and finish was terrible ...Made the base model stripper sentra i traded in on it look good . At the time i wanted it for the killer gas mileage and to get rid of a sentra that i had messed up modifying that couldnt pass emmisions . It had to be bought back because it had gas tank leakage issues.

I realize why the japanese car is popular , we didnt build them like that for years and we paid dearly for it . The other reason japan is so big is people hold there car int he same reagrd as a dishwasher (a means to get something done) Granted my 94 deville has its share of squeaks and rattles shes had a hard life and these cars have more bushings and seals to go bad ..yes the fit and finish could be beatter and it bugs me at times . But japanese cars have cracked dashboards (2 of mine did), faded paint(damn near every one of them) , smoke and have saggin headliners , just because they have a diffrent badge on them doesnt mean they dont age either , thats just pure BS . You lulled into thinking that way because you see so many old domestic cars out there but your not seeing as many old japanese cars. Even door gaps get illregular after 100k on a japanese car (lets see you roll that same marble across a 93 altima now )

Now if you want to talk about a REAL japanese car lets talk G20s , by the time 1996 rolled around that car was rated more reliable than corolla and civic . and i personally knew how great these cars were . It had 57k on it at the time it was destroyed and didnt leak a drop ,ever have a rattle and never had a single mechanical failure . Granted it made 140hp and around 130 lb feet out of 2 litres that engine was built far beatter than anything honda has done esp when compareing the bottom ends and piston rings . But the sr20 was built to have a turbo on it from the beginning so it was built tough ..

But for true reliability that honda can never touch they need to look at the 22re toyota found in the pickup , that is japanese reliabity , that is what is pictured in the dictionary under "relibility" and the only engine i could put all my faith into if i had to own one vehicle the rest of my life . Even how the camsafts are held in is very overbuilt

When i bought the cadillac i wanted safety ,security and a well made american car that i could be proud of . When i get my next car (a c4 vette) i want a pedigree , prestige and a rewarding driving experence from a car you have to learn to drive hard .

Japan(outside some of the sportscars) doesnt offer me a package like either , they offer me something on the order of a VCR , disposeable and it shows , not many people stand in awe if someone brought a mid 60s toyta crown to a car show , but bring any mid 60s domestic and people notice ...

thats why you cant call a honda high end , no body will care about those cars 20 years down the road (i see more people restoreing beetles and benzes than i do cvcc's)

to say its a high end brand becuse the engine can produce 100 hp per litre is a cop out , there good cars but there not that good ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    Apparently you are incorrect about "time telling" how these cars hold together. That is simply not the case with regard to Benz. Are you a rational person??

Since you dragged Benz into this logical (until now) discussion, click on the "ML class" and read the horror. These are legit owners, and the official MB consumer warnings site, not to mention the nightmare prices MB charges for a simple Cat converter, etc:

http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/mlclass.php
    And you don't think hundreds of web rings like this exist for GM, Ford, and Chrysler? Who's rational here?

You were saying....about Cadillac quality: Cadillac BEAT TOYOTA my friend:
    http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=175&n=156

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7086

The car connection is one of the most trusted and respected automotive sources for info on all types of cars......are you a rational person????
    Funny..... I read Lexus not only beat Cadillac, but everyone. Again, who's the rational one here? (PS - compare apples to apples, K? THNX.)

[QUOTE=fastball]And you don't think hundreds of web rings like this exist for GM, Ford, and Chrysler? Who's rational here?[QUOTE]

Well I guess that I've proven to you that your beloved Hondas DO IN FACT BREAK DOWN although you refuse to admit so. I have already admitted that there must be many web sites showing Cadillac flaws, what's your point??

[QUOTE=fastball]Funny..... I read Lexus not only beat Cadillac, but everyone. Again, who's the rational one here? (PS - compare apples to apples, K? THNX.)[QUOTE/]

First you try to divert attention from Acura/Honda by dragging Mercedes into the mix, NOW you try to divert attention from the FACT that Cadillac BEAT Toyota, Honda/Acura and Mercedes. I have already acknowleged the fact that Lexus beat Cadillac, whereas YOU seem to have a very difficult time acknowledging the fact that Cadillac is better than Honda/Acura, and the original purpose of this thread I might add.

I am rational enough to be able to use logic when overwhelming evidence is before me, and can admit to any shortcommings that may not favor my own personal opinion. Can you?

Cadillac BEAT Toyota,
    Well why don't we just compare Ferrari to Cadillac? :rolleyes2

Look, this is going to get us nowhere. I see things one way, and you see them the other. You think I'm wrong, I think you're wrong. What I can tell you is in my experiences with cars from the last 20 years, Japanese and German products have been consistantly better overall vehicles than any from GM.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Erm, why dont' you take a look at my post again. That vehicle has never broken down or had any major engine issues. thats why GM is better than Japanese cars. And how many 1994 german or japanese cars look as good as my blazer? Yea thats what I thought.

Japanese and German products have been consistantly better overall vehicles than any from GM.
    "have been" are the key words in your statement. Things change, and for the better I might add.

Well why don't we just compare Ferrari to Cadillac?

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    Erm, why dont' you take a look at my post again. That vehicle has never broken down or had any major engine issues. thats why GM is better than Japanese cars. And how many 1994 german or japanese cars look as good as my blazer? Yea thats what I thought.
    We're wasting our time. He most likely didn't even bother to read a few of the angry Benz owner's comments and horror stories. If he did, any logical, rational human being could admit things have changed and JD Power is NOT a source one can easliy dismiss. Quality among automakers can change, I don't know what is so difficult to understand about that simple fact. :rolleyes2

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RBraczyk
    And how many 1994 german or japanese cars look as good as my blazer? Yea thats what I thought.
    priceless!!!!

etcCanuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Re: Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison.

I drove a Acura for the first time for about a month while my Caddy was getting some work done to it. The Acura is a nice car if you like boring exteriors and luxurious One-Piece plastic interiors. The High-Reving VTEC gives you that "Go-Kart" feeling, without the pull after 70mph. Cup-Holders were the worst i've ever seen in any car. Also, while we're on the topic of absurd comparisons, my Seadoo gets 152HP/L on pump gas, Honda eat your heart out!!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

I think the title of this discussion says it all:

"Cadillac Vs. Honda : Yes, another absurd comparison."
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Cadillac vs Honda? Ahahahahahah. :rolleyes2

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.