CTS-V vs. GTO - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, CTS-V vs. GTO in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Is the HSV version the GTO in Australia that was like $50k+ American?...
    GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: CTS-V vs. GTO

Is the HSV version the GTO in Australia that was like $50k+ American?

AussieHolden is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT
    Is the HSV version the GTO in Australia that was like $50k+ American?
    Yeah the HSV GTO was about $74,000 OZ$ so yeah i think you right $50K US$
    But options it's got the lot and them some. 385HP It's got the lot.

What standrad options does the V have that GTO doesn't ??.
    Because if you want to blame someone go to pontiac and tell them, They made teh choice's of what parts options etc. How easy they could have used the HSV body suspension and engine 285kw left the intira standard and made it $8,000 more, Hey the poms did it

Pimpin_Whity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

didn't have time to read through all of your comments, but the GTO is a budget competitor to the CTS-V. I do like the CTS styling more than the GTO's, but it's not an ugly car, certainly better looking then all of the japanese "sports" cars that cost more. but i love the GTO Ram Air 6!!! it has a super charged LS2 (no, not LS1 or LS6), from my source it has over 550bhp and a 7,xxx redline , now that should strike fear into the hearts of helpless little cars. and IMO it doesn't look that bad.

the later link point to a honda and acura forum. i found a thread there that was somewhat ironic. the guy said that pontiac added the hood scoops because people wanted it to look more performane-y and they didn't really do anything, so pontiac was wrong at putting them there. hhhmmmmm.....that's not what i expected from someone who owns a little honda that probably has alot of unecessary aerodynamic stuff on it , what a bunch of hypocrites. but i forgot, spoilers and body kits give u more downforce and traction off the line so u can launch faster, silly me :disappoin

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

So the hood scoops aren't to feed the Ram Air?
    If not there, where does the ram air system draw it's cold air from?
    Pontiac usually makes their scoops functional. Like the ugly last generation TransAm scoops. A bit over-stated there, but they had a purpose. Hell, I even think those GrandAms with RamAir have functional hood scoops.

It's a little different than someone tossing an aftermarket hood on a car. But of course, that is what the Honda/Acura boys are probably used to, so I can see their confusion...

i'm not saying that those are fake, they're very much real. the honda guys were saying that they're fake.

I herd that the car above is called the judge, With a LS7 in it, And it won't be made for one simple reason, It's faster then the vette, But here are some pics of our New Monaro, And you can see what's comming your way in 2005. A keen eye will notice a slight difference to the rear
    Attached Images

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

mmmm GTO....

Ive been watching the HSV line for years from the states ....And the aussie V8 supercar series...When i heard they were bringing the monaro over i was exicted , but i hoped for a Mustang GT price , but there keeping it out of my reach for now ....I will wait 2 years and pick up a used one

I dont see why every knocks the way it looks , i love it , and everything about it .....

Good to see they put a beatter looking exaust on it tho .......

Now if ford could bring the Falcon XR8 over or that new Turbo Inline six flacon ...And if chevy could get there hands on the UTE and rename it elcamino life would be good

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.