Cadillac Vs. Chrysler : CTS Vs. 300 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Vs. Chrysler : CTS Vs. 300 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; About three years after purchase the 300C will be a lot less attractive, as the squeaks and rattles show up!...
    Randy_W is offline Banned

Re: Cadillac Vs. Chrysler : CTS Vs. 300

About three years after purchase the 300C will be a lot less attractive, as the squeaks and rattles show up!

Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

Unhappy Re: Cadillac Vs. Chrysler : CTS Vs. 300

I am cross-shopping the STS V8 and the 300C. The STS has a higher quality interior. The 300, because it starts at $25K with a V6, is much plainer inside. However, the 300C has more room and it seems to ride a little bit better that the STS. For $35,000, you get a roomier car that performs quite well. The 300C is currently in vogue, so re-sale should be OK. I don't see how I can go wrong with the 300C.

Can you talk me out of it?

ben72227 is offline Banned

The 300 looks cooler than the CTS on the outside(it almost looks like it could be a replacement for the Deville) but so does the Ford 500. The point is, its still a Chrysler (which falls into the category of Dodge, Jeep, etc, crappy cars...)

So buy it now, but when it falls apart in a couple of years, you will have wished you had the CTS

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Ormond

Can you talk me out of it?
    I like the 300, but not over a new STS! You will become bored with the 300 interior and limited options IMO. With Cadillac you are getting 102 years of proven tradition, prestige, image that no Chrysler can touch. With Cadillac you are getting state of the art technology and design that is years ahead of its time. Cadillac offers options like heated and ventilated seats, keyless entry and go, air ride shocks, one of the quietest cars thanks to double laminated windshield to reduce wind noise, a closed cell accoustic blanket moulded into the instrument panal wall to reduce engine noise, an extremely rigid steel and magnesium platform that allows better ride and handling and vibration free driving, use of aluminum in certain suspension components for better handling, proven Northstar technology! Sometimes it's the little touches that go a long way for quality.

With the 300C in the end all you are getting is a big RWD car with an unproven hemi. Now you have to ask youself, do you want to be like everbody else or do you want to drive a Cadillac.

EDIT: I now realize it is the CTS you are comparing, not STS, but most of what I said can still apply. My mistake. Oh well, food for thought.

Look at the beautiful woman in my avatar, do you really think she would want to be seen in a Dodge when she could be riding in Cadillac style?

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Does that justify an extra 20+ grand? Is it worth more than 1/2 the cost of the car?

That's what you have to ask if you're thinking of buying one or the other.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    Does that justify an extra 20+ grand? Is it worth more than 1/2 the cost of the car?

That's what you have to ask if you're thinking of buying one or the other.
    Don't get me wrong Dave, I like the 300 just fine and it seems like a good bargain, but it isn't a Cadillac. Advanced technology costs money, and that's what you are getting with our cars. Cadillac has always been at the forefront with new offerings and tech gadgets IMO. Plus, the 300 doesn't have a wreath and crest on the grille. If no one cared for true luxury, then Lincoln buyers would settle for the Grand Marquis, etc. Same goes for Cadillac. We could all live happily with an Impala, or Buick, but it's really not the same thing.

Talking Re: Cadillac Vs. Chrysler : CTS Vs. 300

I didn't buy the 300 today. I might drive the STS again tomorrow. The CTS is too small for me. I enjoy car shopping, but it can be a pain, especially when it comes time to writing the check. :drinker

ben72227 is offline Banned

Since you're considering "inferior" luxary cars might i suggest looking at the new Ford 500???

I don't know if the Ford 500 is out yet in my area. I would like to see it, but I don't think it has much power or offers true luxury. Hopefully, there will be a Lincoln version with a V8.

PHATCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V

LOVE my new car and never had a problem with the CTS. I was just Horsepower hungry took a long look at the CTSV and 300C Hemi. That 300C with a 340HP HEMI was too good of a deal to pass up, lots of CAR for the MONEY.

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Whatever model is chosen to compare the cars I always vote for Cadillac .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.