Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Cadillac Sixteen Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley Arnage Need I really say more!!! Not only would it be ...
    RERM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

Cadillac Sixteen Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley Arnage

Need I really say more!!!

Not only would it be a hit, Cadillac could charge as much for it as they want, 250K ...300K...400K They could sell as many as 2,000 a year worldwide I dare say...Hell, all athletes, rappers, movie stars, world leaders, the superrich....they only have to redoo it every 4 or 5 years and again...can you imagine the Halo effect...!!!

C'mon Cadillac, this is a no brainer....!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

nobody would be willing to sheel out that kinda cash for Caddy so Cadillac is atleast being smart about it and not wasting time and money on the car. Yeah it was a cool concept, but its not going to happen

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

People say the market is crowded, but I think the folks in that income bracket are waiting for Cadillac to do create something more bold for the $300k category.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    nobody would be willing to sheel out that kinda cash for Caddy so Cadillac is atleast being smart about it and not wasting time and money on the car. Yeah it was a cool concept, but its not going to happen
    People are paying $110,000.00 for a Volkswagen...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

It would be a devestating mistake for Cadillac to make any type of car over 125k.......it wont EVER happen....Cadillac is considered a Luxury mark not a Super Luxury mark.......Mercedes tops out at 150k with all options that is why they must put Mclearn on the SLR and Maybach on the 57 and the other......a name can only take you so far........Out of all those cars hands down my choice is the Rolls Royce Phantom......elegant....sporty......and beatiful at the same time.

Cadillac is considered a Luxury mark and not a Super Luxury mark. Sure.. But don't you think they'd Like to become a Super Luxury mark? I'm sure that if the opportunity comes along, they're going to jump on it. The "Sixteen" may very-well be exactly that.. They're not incapable. If with time and money, one can do anything - a large corporation certainly can...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Thumbs up Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    It would be a devestating mistake for Cadillac to make any type of car over 125k.......it wont EVER happen....Cadillac is considered a Luxury mark not a Super Luxury mark.......Mercedes tops out at 150k with all options that is why they must put Mclearn on the SLR and Maybach on the 57 and the other......a name can only take you so far........Out of all those cars hands down my choice is the Rolls Royce Phantom......elegant....sporty......and beatiful at the same time.

Actually, historically speaking, Cadillac was THE SUPER LUXURY mark. Check out the original Cadillac Sixteens of the thirties and forties. Cadillac would really only be going back to its roots. As far as people buying it, hell, just here in the US they could sell a thousand to athletes and rappers!!! THE ULTIMATE IN BLING BLING!!!

Right. If millionaires are buying Cadillac Escalades - they're going to buy $250,000 Sixteens - or whatever...

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RERM
    Actually, historically speaking, Cadillac was THE SUPER LUXURY mark. Check out the original Cadillac Sixteens of the thirties and forties. Cadillac would really only be going back to its roots. As far as people buying it, hell, just here in the US they could sell a thousand to athletes and rappers!!! THE ULTIMATE IN BLING BLING!!!
    Cadillac has never been THE super luxury mark.
    It could become one, but I don't thing THE.

Wink Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by D148L0
    Cadillac has never been THE super luxury mark.
    It could become one, but I don't thing THE.

Actually Cadillac was considered THE premier automobile worldwide, the Cadillac 12 and 16 cylinder models where considered the pinnacle of the auto world. Rolls Royce was considered slightly downmarket, I suppose the same relationship it now has with, say MB. The 16 cylinder Cadillac was THE MOST EXPENSIVE CAR IN THE WORLD back in the thirties.

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    People are paying $110,000.00 for a Volkswagen...
    true, but sales arent doing well.

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I didn't say anything about cadillac's achievements, or it's status as a whole car.
    I said super luxury.
    Being the most expensive does not make it the most luxurious (maybe the most "bling - bling" ).

Cool Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by D148L0
    I didn't say anything about cadillac's achievements, or it's status as a whole car.
    I said super luxury.
    Being the most expensive does not make it the most luxurious (maybe the most "bling - bling" ).
    Super lux brands of the time: Hispano Suiza, Dussenberg, Bugatti, Rolls Royce, Bentley, however Cadillac towered above them all!!!!

Remember, it wasnt untill the sixties and seventies that GM decided to make Cadillac a luxury brand for the masses, before you could actually have a Caddy bespoke, just like a Rolls Royce or Bentley now.

Taken from the Cadillac history section of the Cadillac La Salle club website:

"The V16 (series 452 and 452-A) is one of the most desirable Caddies today for a number of reasons, but most of all because of the shape, style, and obvious quality. Although full-custom bodies were built by Fleetwood, Murphy, Waterhoulse, Saoutchik, VandenPlas, Pinin Farina, Pininfarina, and others; most were "catalog customs" by Fleetwood. A few cars had Fisher bodies. Only about one fifth were open or convertible. Two-thirds were five or seven passenger sedans or Imperials. The rest were Coupes or Town Cars.

More than 50 body styles were offered, but the list consists of only a few basic shells with several variations each: metal or leather quarters, with or without quarter windows, fixed or collapsible (Landau) quarters, with or without Imperial division, straight or coach sill, plain or recessed hood/cowl, etc.

With few exceptions, the "41" styles had plain hood and straight sill, the "42" styles had plain hood and coach sill, and the "43" styles had recessed hood/cowl and straight sill.

Although a token number (approximately one percent) of the V-16 chassis were sold to domestic and foreign coachbuilders, all body styles advertised by Cadillac were "Catalog Customs" by Fleetwood. The customer was able to order limited variations in the "Catalog Customs" or order a full-custom creation.
    It is remarkable that Fleetwood was able to turn out four to five hundred bodies per month at a time when activities at the Pennsylvania shop were being phased out and "production" at a new location in Detroit was being set up.
    Through the Fall of 1930, dealers were required to furnish the factory with weekly and monthly owner reaction and service reports on each V-16 delivered."

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

very interesting. thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.