Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Newmonarch For example , Benz is not excellent car maker. The W140 hasnt got trip computer even ...
    I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by Newmonarch View Post
    For example , Benz is not excellent car maker. The W140 hasnt got trip computer even 1980 Caddy has.
    Haha whatever man. If you're gonna make a basis of what's an "excellent car" on whether or not it's got a trip computer, then you've got your priorities out of whack. In 1983, was it Cadillac or Mercedes that built an engine that could last 300k miles? How many 1983 Cadillacs are still rattle free? Whom had better build quality?
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Reading the tail-end of this thread has really got me thinking a few things.

Cadillac is not a world class car maker. They lost that title in the late 70's and 80's when they were building crap. They tried re-establishing that title in the 90's, but failed with poor quality control wrapped up in a gorgeous car. In the meantime, Mercedes-Benz nicely filled the position that Cadillac had in the 50's and 60's. The MB of the 80's and 90's were some of the most well build vehicles ever produced. Just think what Seville could have been with RWD, a Northstar without problems, and superb build quality? It would have been a hit.

While Cadillac has done a good job at trying to re-invent themselves during this century, they are still not world class. You can't have a one car company, and clearly that is what Cadillac is now. The CTS is the only product that really has life in it. XLR is dead, STS and DTS are dated, Escalade is tired, SRX has never sold well, and the Northstar is old and lacks power vs. competitors; so that leaves us with CTS. Had GM not gotten in this gigantic mess they are currently in, maybe we would have that S-Class fighter that every one is talking about.

Cadillac needs an image change. When people think Cadillac, it's still "old person". They are starting to change this a little bit, but they still aren't back to their position they once had. Mercedes is a much more desirable car nowadays. Along with BMW.

Newmonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    Haha whatever man. If you're gonna make a basis of what's an "excellent car" on whether or not it's got a trip computer, then you've got your priorities out of whack. In 1983, was it Cadillac or Mercedes that built an engine that could last 300k miles? How many 1983 Cadillacs are still rattle free? Whom had better build quality?
    No, thats not only, for example Oldsmobile had VIC in the past and while Mb cannot offer that option . ( Bmw 7 series offered in 2003, after 12 years ) , in 1997 Gm had Onstar option while Mb had not. In 1980's Gm vehicles had VERY detailed trip computer even it could show abrasion of brake rotors. In 1988 some of Gm vehicles have head up display option while Mb didnt. In 1995, Olds had Navigation system, again Mb fails. In 2000 Cadillac had Nightvision system that Mb didnt have. In 1996 , Rain sensing windshield wipers were offered in some Gm vehicles while Mb has not got. In 198x, Cadillac's has got digital fuel injection while Mb's has not. Build quality is another history but it is not important , because no one can compete with old American's interiors. 58 Eldorado Biarritz, 78 Eldorado, Fleetwood limouzines, 88 Fleetwood, Real wood with massive leather interior trim that no Mb can reach, if we look at W140, the flagship of MB, has got worse interior than any of 70's Cadillac.

I dont want to assume that Gm is better than Benz, but I want to know that why Mb's w140 is so legendary? Because as I listed above, W140 has not got that features that Olds Buicks and Cadillacs had. And also Northstar V8 is 32 valve and complex engine that is producing to meet customers who think "This engine is very advanced, vauv there are double overhead camshafts!" I am not saying Northstar is bad, however it featured magnificient technologies in the past, but ıf you build that kind of engine you have to be ready for engine problems. If you want to reliable car you should decrease the rpm and increase the displacement as you can. If you want more, you should build Pushrod engine which can do 450.000 Miles ( 78 Buick )

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.