Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; first cadillac needs to worry about building a high luxury car to take on the s600, bmw 760iL, Audi A8L, ...
    Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

first cadillac needs to worry about building a high luxury car to take on the s600, bmw 760iL, Audi A8L, sorry but the new STS and current DTS(as nice as they are) simply wont do. They need to make direct competitiors to the large flagships...THEN cadillac can worry about making an ultra high luxury vehicle, as of right now though, its too early.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Man
    first cadillac needs to worry about building a high luxury car to take on the s600, bmw 760iL, Audi A8L, sorry but the new STS and current DTS(as nice as they are) simply wont do. They need to make direct competitiors to the large flagships...THEN cadillac can worry about making an ultra high luxury vehicle, as of right now though, its too early.
    Exactly

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Man
    ...can't argue with that...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

RERM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    ...can't argue with that...
    Ditto, but I still think Cadillac can walk and chew gum at the same time...

CTS
    SRX
    STS
    Escalade
    DTS

XLR

CIEN

Sixteen

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    People are paying $110,000.00 for a Volkswagen...
    I've driven one. 405 hp W12, AWD. Just try to pull your head out of the seat cushion!

SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT (drive by wire throttle sucks though).

It was the first Phaeton to hit the US, and we had it for 6+ months.... Nice. For a VW.....

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have been in the Phantom for over 1 hour of driving time. Gets more attention then a firetruck, depending on where you are. Bentley GT is nice and a little more affordable. Maybach, I've only glanced at. Caddy is AMERICAN, so this would be incredible if they went through with that kind of model entry into today's current marketplace. I still pick the phantom, equipped with closing rear doors at the push of a button. WOW.

luddyludwick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 FWB d'Elegance

The sad thing is that if any car company in the world could build a low-production car like the Sixteen, it would be GM. They've got the cash. No, it might not be profitable, but that isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes you need to take hits on good models.

Look at Toyota. The Prius has to be losing a ton of money, but it's helping Toyota's image like mad. GM's efforts at image (new GTO, SSR) are just not on-target with any market. Cars are answering questions that were never asked!

Bruce

Newmonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I think Cadillac can produce Sixteen, because Gm is very big company. But Ameri can economy is not good now , and GM is explaining loss every month/year. And also, Cadillac should produce "Sixteen" in different factory, not like Bmw or Mercedes. Specially VW, Rolls-Royce uses same platform with VW marked cars, Lamborghini Gallardo has got same Navigation screen and AC buttons with Audi A6, it is completely unacceptible. Cadillac had got much more luxury interiors, in 70's, all buttons were made with art.

Besides, VW is not euqual to Cadillac. VW is Upper-Middle Class while Cadillac is upper-luxury class. VW is belong to one step behind. But I have got a better idea. Mercedes selected old name in the past, which was discontinued Maybach. Cadillac can do the same thing. They can give "Oldsmobile" name to their Super-Luxury cars. I am sure that Cadillac can sell better than those 3, because Sixteen's design is fantastic.

Southern-Hospitality is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Maybach, without a doubt the flyest cars.

I've seen two in my entire life and they both belonged to the MGM Grand.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Newmonarch View Post
    I think Cadillac can produce Sixteen, because Gm is very big company. But Ameri can economy is not good now , and GM is explaining loss every month/year. And also, Cadillac should produce "Sixteen" in different factory, not like Bmw or Mercedes. Specially VW, Rolls-Royce uses same platform with VW marked cars, Lamborghini Gallardo has got same Navigation screen and AC buttons with Audi A6, it is completely unacceptible. Cadillac had got much more luxury interiors, in 70's, all buttons were made with art.

Besides, VW is not euqual to Cadillac. VW is Upper-Middle Class while Cadillac is upper-luxury class. VW is belong to one step behind. But I have got a better idea. Mercedes selected old name in the past, which was discontinued Maybach. Cadillac can do the same thing. They can give "Oldsmobile" name to their Super-Luxury cars. I am sure that Cadillac can sell better than those 3, because Sixteen's design is fantastic.
    I think it would be rough trying to sell a $250,000.00 Oldsmobile.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-Hospitality View Post
    Maybach, without a doubt the flyest cars.

I've seen two in my entire life and they both belonged to the MGM Grand.
    Maybachs are nice, but they scream 'warmed over 2-tone S600. If Im paying that money, I want handbuilt, hand stitched, everything and I dont want it looking like anything else on the road, especially not like its younger brother (obviously the previous gen. s-class). The Rolls is a classier ride, doesnt have any entry level brethern like the A-class to muddy its image, and it has so much more presence.
    Cadillac can't compete with any of these imo. Cadillac needs to build a highly capable large sedan thats accepted by the elite before it ever competes in the super luxury.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by luddyludwick View Post
    GM... They've got the cash. No, it might not be profitable, but that isn't always a bad thing.
    Bruce
    This was a post from 2004. Interesting how drastically the situation has changed since then? Atleast publicly anyhow...

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Cadillac has a long way to go before they're accepted on the level that a Rolls/Bentley or Maybach is.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

ejguillot is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

Indeed they do. First they have to beat Lexus, MB, and BMW before chasing after Bentley, RR and Maybach.

Newmonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yeah, but this should not be difficult for GM. In the past, they produced luxury and leading technology cars I think. Even MB was taking automatic trans. from GM. Gm is father of firsts and modern car. They can do it. For example , Benz is not excellent car maker. The W140 hasnt got trip computer even 1980 Caddy has.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.