Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; GM and Cadillac could do it. As the Cadillac Sixteen. If the interior and build quality were as good as ...
    davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

GM and Cadillac could do it. As the Cadillac Sixteen. If the interior and build quality were as good as a Maybach or Rolls, a giant v16 would really put the car ahead. It could take alot of sales from the other superlux cars. No one would see a Sixteen and think "Thats only a lowly Cadillac," they'd see a Sixteen and think "Wow, that's a Cadillac Sixteen."

It's the same thing as the Ford GT40, people aren't gonna think it's a lame ass ford, they'll see it as something completely differant from a focus. Same with the sixteen, people will see it as something completely differant from a DeVille.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    GM and Cadillac could do it. As the Cadillac Sixteen. If the interior and build quality were as good as a Maybach or Rolls, a giant v16 would really put the car ahead. It could take alot of sales from the other superlux cars. No one would see a Sixteen and think "Thats only a lowly Cadillac," they'd see a Sixteen and think "Wow, that's a Cadillac Sixteen."

It's the same thing as the Ford GT40, people aren't gonna think it's a lame ass ford, they'll see it as something completely differant from a focus. Same with the sixteen, people will see it as something completely differant from a DeVille.
    Agreed.. And it's not like Cadillac would be looking to sell 100,000 of them. It'll be a very exclusive automobile like the Volkswagen Phaeton...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Problem with the parts sharing is that BMW,Benz,VW all have HIGH END stuff already....im talking 75-130k stuff not 40-60k stuff like Cadillac. Cadillac would have to get into the 75-100k market and stay there for at least 5 yrs before anyone should even think of getting into a 200k Super Ultra Luxury category.

The journalists and buying public would not buy this for a second and GM knows this....they are that old to be experienced.

illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!

truth be told, i guess caddy should have thier exclusive cars, but i want one too oh well, one day, i will have a sweet sixteen party

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Oh well in the end no matter how much we bitch and moan its not going to happen. And even if it did I highly doubt any of us could afford it so why are we arguing on a car that will never be made and even it was made a car that 0% of us could get

RERM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Talking Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    Oh well in the end no matter how much we bitch and moan its not going to happen. And even if it did I highly doubt any of us could afford it so why are we arguing on a car that will never be made and even it was made a car that 0% of us could get

Because were DREAMERS!!!

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by RERM
    Because were DREAMERS!!!
    Well then I hope Cadillac makes a faster CTS-V with 1000 hp and when you hit a button wings and afterburners pop out and you can fly away and I want all of this for under $40k

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

something will happen GM has built a speical facility to proudce very speical high end engines , first 2 projects ive heard are for a corvette based sportscar called bluedevil the other a 12 cylander engine that is currently resideing in a couple of escalade mules ...the question is if it will only reside int he next generation escalade or if it will indeed be placed in a car to go head ot head with the vest , then under what brand ? or will be it be a new brand ? If t will be under a new brand the name will likely come from one of the coach builders that did the original 16

im gonna go find the links to post up now ....

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=02493772

RERM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    something will happen GM has built a speical facility to proudce very speical high end engines , first 2 projects ive heard are for a corvette based sportscar called bluedevil the other a 12 cylander engine that is currently resideing in a couple of escalade mules ...the question is if it will only reside int he next generation escalade or if it will indeed be placed in a car to go head ot head with the vest , then under what brand ? or will be it be a new brand ? If t will be under a new brand the name will likely come from one of the coach builders that did the original 16

im gonna go find the links to post up now ....

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=02493772

Hmmm.....YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout

count me out of that one, if they make one, i will have it, i ain't going to law school for nothing .

fastball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think if GM enters the ultra-high end market, it will take a while for people to warm up to it. People up untill now associate the prestige of owning a vehicle not many can afford with the nameplates of BMW, MB, and Maybach. I think GM could feasably do it, but how would public perception be of it? It was only recently that the Germans entered the low tier price range of cars, and I don't think that would hurt their image as much as it is difficult to upgrade your image...... see the difference? It was only in the last few years that Mercedes offered a car that people in their early 20's could afford. While GM has been making cars a 16 year old could afford for decades. I think GM is doing a good job of upgrading their perception as a mass producer of standard passenger cars, but untill the public accepts that completely they are on the same level of Germany, I think it would be foolish for them to just enter the ultra market just because they can.

Why a V12 for only a Escalade.....if it was only for an Escalade Id think they would just supercharge the current engine.

i think that a v-12 would be a nice thing for the escalade. after all, dodge has the SRT-10 ram, ford has the supercharged lightning, and chevy has the good'ol SS silverado. the 12 cylinder engine would definitly be unique to the market of SUV's and trucks too. and it would be god awful fast too .

Quote Originally Posted by illumina
    i think that a v-12 would be a nice thing for the escalade. after all, dodge has the SRT-10 ram, ford has the supercharged lightning, and chevy has the good'ol SS silverado. the 12 cylinder engine would definitly be unique to the market of SUV's and trucks too. and it would be god awful fast too .
    True...Uniqueness is something special...but I cant see a V12 SUV that already sucks with gas mileage being livable.......not money wise but wouldnt the epa and all those governing agencys be on GM's back for this.

I really thought this was a very interesting article about Lexus entering that very same Super Luxury market.....goes right with this topic. Even Lexus feels that it is too soon to enter a Maybach type car for them......It would be even too sooner for Caddy in my opinion.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=02193128

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.