Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; As it is Cadillac is having a hard enough time selling cars as it is. I believe the last time ...
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

As it is Cadillac is having a hard enough time selling cars as it is. I believe the last time i saw the Escalade's were selling more then any of the cars were. And yeah thats fine and dandy that VW is selling the Phaeton V12 for over $100k and thats why you don't see any of them on the road. Unfortunatly Cadillac doesn't have their money to play around like that and see if its a hit or not. If they were to make the Sixteen do you know how much money they would have to devote to it especially the engine? It would take hundreds of millions if not more to just be able to make the car and what you might sell a handful just so you can "try" to be in the super lux catagory? Its just not going to happen. Leave the super lux cars to the big boys, Cadillac can stick to selling luxury cars for the people in the bottom 98% of the automotive world and to not worry about the top 2% of people who can actually afford them. Aston Martin, Maybach, Buggati, Rolls Royce, and then Cadillac? Sorry just doesn't fit into their world in anyway, shape, or form

RERM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Wink Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    As it is Cadillac is having a hard enough time selling cars as it is. I believe the last time i saw the Escalade's were selling more then any of the cars were. And yeah thats fine and dandy that VW is selling the Phaeton V12 for over $100k and thats why you don't see any of them on the road. Unfortunatly Cadillac doesn't have their money to play around like that and see if its a hit or not. If they were to make the Sixteen do you know how much money they would have to devote to it especially the engine? It would take hundreds of millions if not more to just be able to make the car and what you might sell a handful just so you can "try" to be in the super lux catagory? Its just not going to happen. Leave the super lux cars to the big boys, Cadillac can stick to selling luxury cars for the people in the bottom 98% of the automotive world and to not worry about the top 2% of people who can actually afford them. Aston Martin, Maybach, Buggati, Rolls Royce, and then Cadillac? Sorry just doesn't fit into their world in anyway, shape, or form

They've got the money, and I doubt it would take houndreds of millions, remember, you don't need a new plant for this, just use existing parts and do a low production run. The same arguments were used against the Viper at Chrysler which was way worse off than GM is now.

VW has made a big blunder by trying to go upmarket, they have Audi, Bentley and Bugatti for that. (Frankly this has been the subject of hot debate at the VW Forums) GM on the other hand has Cadillac, they've tried in the seventies and eighties to water it down with much sucess sales wise, but at the cost of killing the brand image. Now it's the time to build it back up.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Nobody thought there'd be 400 horsepower Cadillacs 5 years ago.. Let's see where Cadillac is 5 years from now... If Ford can sell a car for $150,000.00 and Volkswagen can sell a car for $110,000.00, Cadillac can move upscale...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    Nobody thought there'd be 400 horsepower Cadillacs 5 years ago.. Let's see where Cadillac is 5 years from now... If Ford can sell a car for $150,000.00 and Volkswagen can sell a car for $110,000.00, Cadillac can move upscale...
    True....as long as they can prove (as ford has) then they have a good car.....but anyone can make a sports car....a Super Luxo car is harder to do....maybe not make but to actually have a NAME PLATE that can actually mean something to the customers.......If they had a new name plate called La Salle or Sixteen or something like that (ala Maybach) then it is doable...but to tag a $250,000 car a Cadillac.....I have a hard time seeing and believing it....I would love it but still cant believe it would ever happen.

Sure you see alot of music artists and celebs driving Escalades and what not....but believe it or not they are only a small percentage of the people who buy these Ultra Lux cars.....the rest are people who usually arnent so speedy to throw their money at anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RERM
    They've got the money, and I doubt it would take houndreds of millions, remember, you don't need a new plant for this, just use existing parts and do a low production run. The same arguments were used against the Viper at Chrysler which was way worse off than GM is now.
    Thats the main reason Cadillac shouldn't even bother. If your going to sell a car thats over $200k the last thing I want is parts from lesser cars. I want every part on that damn car to be worth that price tag. Like I said before Caddy should stick to cars that are more along the lines of where they are now and not try and go after Bugatti, and Rolls Royce. Because they will get spanked just like they did when the tried out those Cadillac LMP cars in Le Mans by the people who have been there forever and no what they are doing and not to just take a stab at it

Thats the main reason Cadillac shouldn't even bother. If your going to sell a car thats over $200k the last thing I want is parts from lesser cars. I want every part on that damn car to be worth that price tag. Like I said before Caddy should stick to cars that are more along the lines of where they are now and not try and go after Bugatti, and Rolls Royce. Because they will get spanked just like they did when the tried out those Cadillac LMP cars in Le Mans by the people who have been there forever and no what they are doing and not to just take a stab at it

Seriously!!! Do you think a car like this exists?

Maybach = MB parts bin with some unique touches.

Rolls Royce = BMW parts bin with some unique pieces

Bentley = VW parts bin with some unique touches(in their last road test Car and Driver even identified the control pod for AC as the one in the Phaeton)

Granted the Le Mans was a pitifull effort that blew up in their faces, yet, I would still hope Cadillac would go in as an engine supplier to F1, pherhaps McLaren or Jordan....But I digress...

Cadillac should move upmarket, not down....let Buick be luxury for the masses.

fastball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It's unfair to compare Cadillac, MB, and BMW to Maybach and Rolls Royce. A typical successfull American could walk into any Cadillac, MB, and BMW dealer and not look out of place if they only have say 10k to put down on a car.

You bring 10k to a Maybach or Rolls Royce dealership and they are going to laugh you out the door!

Maybach (even though it's owned and built by DCX) and Rolls Royce (even though it's owned and has some design influences by BMW) are still unique marques that go along the lines of "if you have to ask how much they cost, you can't afford one".

No, I don't think Cadillac should even set long term goals to try to enter the super luxury market. Besides, how would it look if you were in the market for a 250k ultra luxury beast and in the showroom there's a "meager" CTS that costs 1/6th of what you are looking for and can afford?

Quote Originally Posted by fastball
    Maybach (even though it's owned and built by DCX)
    Its owned and built by Benz. DCX only merged with them, and DCX has no say whatsoever in the Maybach's

Quote Originally Posted by fastball
    It's unfair to compare Cadillac, MB, and BMW to Maybach and Rolls Royce. A typical successfull American could walk into any Cadillac, MB, and BMW dealer and not look out of place if they only have say 10k to put down on a car.

You bring 10k to a Maybach or Rolls Royce dealership and they are going to laugh you out the door!

Maybach (even though it's owned and built by DCX) and Rolls Royce (even though it's owned and has some design influences by BMW) are still unique marques that go along the lines of "if you have to ask how much they cost, you can't afford one".

No, I don't think Cadillac should even set long term goals to try to enter the super luxury market. Besides, how would it look if you were in the market for a 250k ultra luxury beast and in the showroom there's a "meager" CTS that costs 1/6th of what you are looking for and can afford?
    Chief , I invite you to go to the Maybach website, look up their dealers,

1. They are all dedicated MB dealers, with 1 demo car, all cars sold are special ordered.

2. Doesnt seem to bother them that their dealerships have lowly 240 Kompressors in them??

Oh, and check out Foley Bentley, Cadillac, Rolls Royce in Northbrook IL, doesn't bother them to have a CTS next to a Bentley or a Rolls Royce!!!

Oh, and check out Foley Bentley, Cadillac, Rolls Royce in Northbrook IL, doesn't bother them to have a CTS next to a Bentley or a Rolls Royce!!!
    Its all about sales. Yeah you might sell a few Bentley's here and there and a few Royce's but Cadillac's sell a lot more then those two do. So toss Caddy in there and have the owner making even more money.

Its owned and built by Benz. DCX only merged with them, and DCX has no say whatsoever in the Maybach's

Taken from The Car Connection:

"DaimlerChrysler's new Maybach marque..."

illumina is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!

im probably too late to join in the fun here, but i would like cadillac to stay in the "affordable" range, if there is such a thing. sure, we all want the sixteen (i know i do) but i dont think that many people are willing to shell out a quarter of a million to get one. and even if they make them, and get to the used market, it would still be out of reach for even the upper class buyer.
    hmm...time for good idea/bad idea:
    GOOD IDEA: make the sixteen model and name it the DTS with DTS prices,
    BAD IDEA: make the sixteen so that no one can afford one, and piss a lot of cadillac enthusiasts off because we can NEVER afford one.
    just my .02

fastball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

On the NYSE, it's listed as DCX. You don't buy stock in Mercedes or Chrysler, you buy stock in DCX. The complete name of the parrent company is DaimlerChrysler AG.

Daimler-Benz, which was the parrent company of Mercedes Benz, merged with Chrysler Corporation to form the conglomerate.

Wink Re: Cadillac Vs. Maybach Vs. Rolls Royce Vs. Bentley

Quote Originally Posted by illumina
    im probably too late to join in the fun here, but i would like cadillac to stay in the "affordable" range, if there is such a thing. sure, we all want the sixteen (i know i do) but i dont think that many people are willing to shell out a quarter of a million to get one. and even if they make them, and get to the used market, it would still be out of reach for even the upper class buyer.
    hmm...time for good idea/bad idea:
    GOOD IDEA: make the sixteen model and name it the DTS with DTS prices,
    BAD IDEA: make the sixteen so that no one can afford one, and piss a lot of cadillac enthusiasts off because we can NEVER afford one.
    just my .02

Please!!! I dont see many PO'd Mercedes customers because they will never be able to afford a Maybach!!!

If most of middle American cant buy a Sixteen, SO BE IT!!! part of Cadillac's problem over the last 30 years has been the De-mistification of the brand. New Cadillacs in every project! and people still talk about DEPRECIATION!!

Cadillac is supposed to be GM's top of the line, if you can't afford it SO BE IT!!!

Please!!! I dont see many PO'd Mercedes customers because they will never be able to afford a Maybach!!!

If most of middle American cant buy a Sixteen, SO BE IT!!! part of Cadillac's problem over the last 30 years has been the De-mistification of the brand. New Cadillacs in every project! and people still talk about DEPRECIATION!!

Cadillac is supposed to be GM's top of the line, if you can't afford it SO BE IT!!!
    Well Cadillac compared to Benz is stupid in itself. When they have cars ranging in price from $20k range all the way up to the $400K+ range. So if a Benz owner can't afford a Maybach then he'll get a SL55 AMG or something in the $100k range. But with Caddy you would have a $250k+ Sixteen and then drop all the way down to a XLR. Benz has cars for pretty much anybody pocket book. While Caddy has their cars in the range of the person who's well off but not Rolls Royce, Bentley well off

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.