Cadillac vs Lincoln
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac vs Lincoln in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; How do these two companies add up? Lincoln Town Car vs Cadillac DTS Lincoln Nothing vs Cadillac STS Lincoln Navigator ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Cadillac vs Lincoln

How do these two companies add up?

Lincoln Town Car vs Cadillac DTS
    Lincoln Nothing vs Cadillac STS
    Lincoln Navigator vs Cadillac Escalade (and family)
    Lincoln Aviator vs Cadillac SRX
    Lincoln LS8 vs Cadillac CTS
    Lincoln Nothing vs Cadillac XLR

So how do the two add-up? Which is focusing more on a youthful market? Who has the advantage?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Cadillac vs Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano

Lincoln LS8 vs Cadillac STS
    Lincoln Nothing vs Cadillac CTS

So how do the two add-up? Which is focusing more on a youthful market? Who has the advantage?
    I would make these corrections;
    Lincoln LS6 vs CTS
    Lincoln Town Car vs nothing

My opinion is that until both brands have upgraded all their sedans to world class standards, then neither of them needs a $70,000 sports car to bring traffic into their show room.

By the way, has anyone ever went to a new car dealer just to look at the 'sports car' you couldn't afford and then spur of the moment purchased a family sedan before you left? I haven't either.

I wait until the LA Auto Show to view cars I can't afford. I also look at all the family cars only to realize they all suck. I leave the show wishing that I was living in Australia!

Why the Lincoln Town Car vs Nothing?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Lincoln Nothing vs Cadillac STS
    Lincoln LS8 vs Cadillac CTS

It should be this....
    LS V6 vs. CTS
    LS V8 vs. DTS
    Town Car vs. STS
    Navigator vs. Escalade
    Aviator vs. SRX
    Continental *do they even make this car anymore?* vs. nothing
    nothing vs. XLR *I think Lincoln has no need to make a car like the XLR*

scourge Guest

The thing with Lincoln is that its put in a weird position. Ford has bought Jaguar, so if Cadillac really goes upscale, the Jag is what ford will use to counter Caddy. So, Lincoln sorta finds itself without a mission. Ford is the "every car" and Mercury is the "step up" car while Lincoln had always been Ford's premier brand. Lincoln vs Buick? IMO, Lincoln is waaaaaaay above Buick. What now?

Why the Lincoln Town Car vs Nothing?
    Big RWD car that can be converted into the longest limo you could ever require would be a start.

And how many black DTSs do you see at the airport picking up passengers?

For the average consumer, maybe they cross shop them, but doubtful. The Lincoln Town Car retained the 'classic' American car luxury styling. In my opinion, the DTS went with a generic design.

The DTS does have a better representation at the car rental counter though. Probably due to it's smaller size as compared to the Town Car.

Kat could add much more to this.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    I recently test drove a Navigatr and an Escalde on the same day. My wife and I were both shocked at how many more features the navigator had.

Power folding rear seat, retractable running boards, cooled seats, great interior

The escalade interior sucked

The only thing that saves the escalade is the Engine, its not that much slower than my SLS, but the Navigator felt SUV slow. If someone is choosing between the 2, its probably a tough choice

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

I like Jags. IMO, for the past 30 years or so, the Jag has consistently been the best looking car on the road. I'm going to test drive one before I make my final decision on the Caddy this fall.

But I agree, the Town Car is not direct competition for the DTS or DHS. Lincoln runs ads where they compare their dimensions to the DeVille, but in the areas they win, it's only by 1/10th of an inch or something. Their only real advantage, IMO, is on the RWD thing.

The Apples to Apples comparison between Ford and GM luxury cars should be between the Town Car and the Park Avenue.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Cadillac abandoned the battle for "full-size" sedan supremacy when it discontinued the Fleetwood. The Deville is NOT a direct competitor for the Town Car except in the minds of Cadillac's marketing team.
    The Deville CAN in fact be made into a limo that rivals anything that is currently supported by Lincoln although the long cars are still plagued by chassis flex. I did some work with Cadillac a couple years ago and at that time, they still had no solution to the issue.
    Lincoln is using the LS to compete against both the CTS AND STS and is being fairly successful at it. Face it, the CTS and STS have a rather over-lapped market now and that's probably why the STS is going away. Let's just hope that when it comes back, it's significantly seperated from the CTS.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

Lincoln LS V8 wins over the Caddy CTS in my mind.

Question: Are Lincolns more reliable or have better consumer ratings across the board?

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS
    My friends mom bought a 2003 Navigator fully loaded and had problems with the airbag suspension. She said it started going crazy on her one day and it was like a lowrider and the front one's would fill up then deflate and the rear one's would do the same. I remember hearing that Lincoln wa shaving a problem with the air suspension on the Navigator's as well but I may be wrong. The thing that sucks with the Lincoln's is that you have to turn off the air ride suspension when you put it up on a lift while the Caddy's you don't have too and a lot of people doon't know that with the Lincoln's which causes the air bag's to explode and then your spending a lot of money replacing them.

The Lincoln LS is cheered about in every car magazine on this planet and Mars. But, they also all agree that reliability does not exist...

When the CTS-v comes out, we can compare IT to the LS8, otherwise - not really...

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

I would take everything cadillac (and IMO I think that cadillac has a better product), except for the CTS over the LS..... I like the styling of the LS a little better......

Quote Originally Posted by scourge
    The thing with Lincoln is that its put in a weird position. Ford has bought Jaguar, so if Cadillac really goes upscale, the Jag is what ford will use to counter Caddy. So, Lincoln sorta finds itself without a mission. Ford is the "every car" and Mercury is the "step up" car while Lincoln had always been Ford's premier brand. Lincoln vs Buick? IMO, Lincoln is waaaaaaay above Buick. What now?
    I'd love to fix Ford. There is no market study needed.

I would position Jaguar as the higher end sporting refined european luxury vehicle. I would target the European makes. $35,000-$90,000.

I would position Lincoln as the American luxury muscle vehicle. I would target the Japanese and Cadillac. $25,000-$60,000

I would then position Aston Martin to take on Bentley, Rolls Royce and Maseratti. It would be exclusive luxury with heritage. $90,000+

Ford could then take Lincoln into Lexus IS300 territory and take Aston Martin up into Rolls Royce and Ferrari territory.

GM wouldn't be able to compete against Ford if all they have is Cadillac. You can't cover the 30,000-300,000 with the same brand. As nice as the Cadillac 16 concept was, and as cool as it could be, no way will very many people pay $150,000 for it. It'd have to be $75,000 tops.

And we haven't even used Volvo or Range Rover yet! So look out Hummer, Escalade and SRX.

But it won't happen. Ford will sell Volvo (all Volvos fault), Aston Martin will linger as a step child with no higher aspiration than Porsche (you could choose a lessor goal) and Range Rover won't supply military vehicles again (so where does the enginerring money come from?).

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    I would take everything cadillac (and IMO I think that cadillac has a better product), except for the CTS over the LS..... I like the styling of the LS a little better......
    I liked the LS when it came out. Right idea and the right time. I still like it, although the CTS-V is all I'd settle for now.

I tried to get my parents to buy a LS. The dealer treated them like they were Ford customers. So they went to Lexus and leased a ES300. Whatever. At least they like it.

I asked my mom recently how she liked her car. After telling me how much she loved it, she told me she thought the style of the LS looked like an old car.

You know what? I have to agree. Sit the CTS and the LS next to each other, and the LS looks like it could have been made any year since 1985.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.