Cadillac vs Lincoln - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac vs Lincoln in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Interesting ideas about the Ford divisions, I would agree with MOST of what you said. And as far as the ...
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Cadillac vs Lincoln

Interesting ideas about the Ford divisions, I would agree with MOST of what you said. And as far as the LS styling, I would agree that next to the CTS, it may look dated but to my eye still way better looking.
    Actually, after reading everyone's take on the LS, I went out and test drove one. Matter of fact, I just got back. I test drove the LS and a Marauder back to back. I do like the LS but at close to $50K (equipped the way I would buy it), it's more than I would want to pay for it. Maybe that's why you see so many of the standard models with V6's running around, and so few of the "Premium Sport" editions w/V8. Bottom line, I think I like the Marauder but it does lack bottom end grunt and the usual comfort and convenience "gadgets" that I've become accustom to.
    The real reason I had to mention this was that I saw the absolute WORST case of bastardizing I've ever seen in a new car by a dealer. Would you believe that they had a Marauder on the showroom floor with a landau vinyl top (with chrome trim) with big-ass brass badges on the sail panels that read "Mercury Grand Marquis Signature Edition". And as if that wasn't bad enough, they had installed those big wide chrome fender flair moldings too. I honestly felt sorry for the car.

scourge Guest

Actually, fixing Ford and GM isn't really that hard to do on paper. The necessary changes are quite logical. But, its getting the unions and the old guard to go along with these changes is the rub.

Quote Originally Posted by HotRodSaint
    I liked the LS when it came out. Right idea and the right time. I still like it, although the CTS-V is all I'd settle for now.

I think Caddy's new wdge styling is too polarizing. Its either love it or hate it. The LS is more conservative and seems to have an easier time appealing to different markets.

I tried to get my parents to buy a LS. The dealer treated them like they were Ford customers. So they went to Lexus and leased a ES300.
    And this is the rub that never seems to leave domestic car company's dealerships. I am also a member at a Corvette board and these people bitch and moan about their poor treatment by dealers when they drop $50k on a car. Many just keep going back and taking it. By contrast, I had a benz dealer bend over backwards for me when I looked at a CSport Coupe an I told him that I wasn't going to buy a car that day, that I was still in college and that I was still looking. We talked about an hour and he was goin to let me test drive any Benz on the lot except the AMG models. They were a class act all the way around - people and the building.

Toyota knows how to treat its customers too. When you drop that kind of money at a dealer, they need to treat you right. But, it seems there is just enough people to take the abuse and come back begging for more at domestic dealers. I guess they see no need to change. If Caddy wants to go upscale, they can change the car all they want, but if their dealers have Cavaliers parked next to Caddys and dealers treat Caddy customers like Cavalier customers, sales aren't really going to skyrocket.

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by scourge
    I had a benz dealer bend over backwards for me when I looked at a CSport Coupe an I told him that I wasn't going to buy a car that day, that I was still in college and that I was still looking.
    If you walk on a Porsche lot wearing shorts and a t-shirt, the sales guy will come straight out and greet you and treat you like a king.

If you walk on a domestic car lot, the sales guy will qualify you from behind his desk looking out the window and come to the conclusion that you can't afford his car.

You have to really want a domestic vehicle to put up with their crap.

You have to thank guys like KC that wrap themselves in the flag, stuff their heads in the sand, and keep "buying American" no matter what

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Unfortunately, its the american way!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

I agree that the LS looks nicer than the CTS as well. It's all a matter of personal preference. But, I think the Lincoln LS has a very, very classy look to it. It may look a bit dated in some ways - but that's probably because the Mark VII was way ahead of its time back in '84...

It's too bad to hear about how domestic dealers treat people. This is one of the reasons why when you have a Lexus, BMW or Mercedes in your garage "you've made it"...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

lev
    lev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I started a Town car vs Fleetwood thread in the Cadillac Fleetwood section. Much of the stuff here is repaeted there.

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe

Back when I was in HS I was working for the Jags/Ferra. dealership in town. There was this woman (about 67 yrs old) that came to the showroom to buy a car but none of the sales people would bother with her.I was working as a make-ready worker. I was walking by her going back to the work-shop when for the hell of it I asked her if I could help her out. I knew the sales peoples were being snobs but I figured even if you don't make a sale you at least take some time to help. Well she asked me if I could show her a XJS Convert. I grabbed the keys and started showing her the car. Right then she said she'd take the car. So I got one of the snobs(sales) to help her out. But she said she wanted me there while she was talking to the snob. When asked how she was gonna pay for the car, she reached into her purse and pulled out the biggest wad of $100 bills I ever seen. She paid cash for the car and demanded I get the commision.That made my summer as it was $7000 in cold hard cash The salesman called me out of the office and said I needed to give him the comission seeing how he was the salesman.I said "sure right whatever" Then he said if I didn't I would get fired. I was making $4.75 an hour so I said "Go F*<& yourself " and quit. No way was I gonna make $7000 in 3 months and I was saving to buy a car.I told my boss the deal and he said he'd see to it that I'd get a paystub for the money.He said he would have done the same thing too. I still talk to the guy whenever I see him. The point I'm making is that its not so much the brand of car but rather the sales people that treat you like crap. What did I buy with the money? A 1985 Mustang GTand still had $3500 leftover to fix her up. Best memory of my teen yrs( well 2nd best memory )

SoundAdvantage is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 87 Deville

[QUOTE=Katshot]Interesting ideas about the Ford divisions, I would agree with MOST of what you said. And as far as the LS styling, I would agree that next to the CTS, it may look dated but to my eye still way better looking.
    Actually, after reading everyone's take on the LS, I went out and test drove one. Matter of fact, I just got back. I test drove the LS and a Marauder back to back. I do like the LS but at close to $50K (equipped the way I would buy it), it's more than I would want to pay for it. Maybe that's why you see so many of the standard models with V6's running around, and so few of the "Premium Sport" editions w/V8s

Katshot,
    Have you taken a CTS for a test drive yet?

[QUOTE=SoundAdvantage]
    Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Interesting ideas about the Ford divisions, I would agree with MOST of what you said. And as far as the LS styling, I would agree that next to the CTS, it may look dated but to my eye still way better looking.
    Actually, after reading everyone's take on the LS, I went out and test drove one. Matter of fact, I just got back. I test drove the LS and a Marauder back to back. I do like the LS but at close to $50K (equipped the way I would buy it), it's more than I would want to pay for it. Maybe that's why you see so many of the standard models with V6's running around, and so few of the "Premium Sport" editions w/V8s

Katshot,
    Have you taken a CTS for a test drive yet?
    No, actually I haven't. I have a freind that owns a Cadillac dealer right around the corner from where I work too. I just haven't been interested. I usually only bother with cars I'd actually want to own. There ARE a couple CTS's that have made me do a double-take but overall, I'm still not into the look.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

not bad.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Damn! can you get HBO and Cinemax with those dishes?

Quote Originally Posted by AirJigga25

not bad.
    Perfect example of what NOT to do. I HATE WHEN GUYS GO TOO FAR WITH THE WHEELS.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Perfect example of what NOT to do. I HATE WHEN GUYS GO TOO FAR WITH THE WHEELS.
    True the rims are kind of garish. But the white grill looks smooth.

03EscaladeAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BlackoutSpecV
    It should be this....
    LS V6 vs. CTS
    LS V8 vs. DTS
    Town Car vs. STS
    Navigator vs. Escalade
    Aviator vs. SRX
    Continental *do they even make this car anymore?* vs. nothing
    nothing vs. XLR *I think Lincoln has no need to make a car like the XLR*
    Looks like you got confused with the STS and DTS. Cadillac has a different goal than Lincoln. Cadillac is trying to be the number one luxury car maker in the world. Lincoln is trying to get more sales. I like the looks of Lincoln's Town Car. Looks pretty snazzy. The big chrome grill and taillights look really nice. I haven't been posting much since I'm on vacation, and no internet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.