Is Lincoln throwing in the towel? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Is Lincoln throwing in the towel? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Yea, I had to come to the Townie's defense... It was unfairly getting tossed in there with the CV and ...
    Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Re: Is Lincoln throwing in the towel?

Yea, I had to come to the Townie's defense... It was unfairly getting tossed in there with the CV and Marquis, which I promise you are two totally different animals than the Town Car despite riding on the same chassis. Its one of the best applications of platform sharing I know of, because it FEELS like a different car when youre behind the wheel.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Wasnt the Bonnville and one of the Caddy's sharing platform at one time????

I think the Towncar is a different animal too..........

Yep, the Bonnie actually rides on the same platform/chassis as the 98+ Seville, this is why it was really a no-brainer to throw the Northstar into the GXP,they didnt really have to change anything.

Actually, now that I think about it... the current Deville, the Aurora, and I BELIEVE the Park Avenue all share(d) the basic components of the platform, but the Bonnie and the Seville are practically identical.

One other consideration about the Crown Vic and the Marquis... one point I really havent seen made here, is that one reason for their immense popularity despite their age, is the fact that you really CANT touch any other V8 powered sedan for their price range easily. I just saw a commercial giving away 2004 Grand Marquis' for 17,763. That is absurd considering the sheer amount of car and engine that you get for that price, even in the base model. I still hate Mercury, but I have to admit if im looking for a cheap, safe V8 car for my business or to recommend to my grandparents, the GMarq would be it. The closest you can come with GM is the Malibu (blah) or the Impala (blah).

Down here is South Florida you can get a base GS for $14,999 then add dealer installed leather....(better then the factory stuff) and walk out the door for $15,999.

Thats nuts!!! I guess thats why the "All American Driveway" is probably mostly made up of Grand Marquis' and F150's!. Though the Crown Vic doesnt really seem to get much if any attention on Ford commercials and at the dealer lots.

Thats the creat thing about the two (Vic,Marquis) they require no advertisments to sell the amount they do..................you see maybe one a year for a Marquis and those are run by the local dealers.

Randy_W is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Thats nuts!!! I guess thats why the "All American Driveway" is probably mostly made up of Grand Marquis' and F150's!. Though the Crown Vic doesnt really seem to get much if any attention on Ford commercials and at the dealer lots.

The Buick Le Sabre outsells the Mercury, been that way since about '92!

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    Thats the creat thing about the two (Vic,Marquis) they require no advertisments to sell the amount they do..................you see maybe one a year for a Marquis and those are run by the local dealers.
    I see ads for them here in Michigan all the time. The latest one on TV brags about the size of it's trunk. There is something wrong when the best thing about a car is the trunk.

Now that I think about it, the recent Town Car ads are the same way... the main thing that they show off is it's power-operated trunk-lid...

Man, Id say somethings wrong when the frieken LE SABRE is outselling the V8 powered LARGER car that doesnt have an association with the name Buick!!

Honestly, the Grand Marquis is about 9 millionth on the list of cars I would drive, but the buick would slot about 400 places below it.

I think things like trunk space and power accessories are simply the kind of things youre left with when youve got one vehicle thats otherwise quite bland, and will probably only be used for just that, hauling people and things... and on the Power trunk closer, the older folks really appreciate those little touches. Remember less and less cars are coming with such gizmos these days since there a hassle when they break and most people would consider them a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    The Buick Le Sabre outsells the Mercury, been that way since about '92!
    Not in Florida though......

La Sabre actually sells for less at times down here too...Ive seen them go for 12,999 down here........Florida is the best car market.........04' Grand Prixs go for $8,000.

Randy_W is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    Not in Florida though......

La Sabre actually sells for less at times down here too...Ive seen them go for 12,999 down here........Florida is the best car market.........04' Grand Prixs go for $8,000.
    You should be able to get some 'real deals' on cars in the Tampa area in a couple of weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy_W
    You should be able to get some 'real deals' on cars in the Tampa area in a couple of weeks!
    Haha..."Hail Damage special"............"Tree smashed Special"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.