advice needed/wanted
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, advice needed/wanted in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 04 V that I just sold. I live in Germany and can't figure on what car to ...
    GetLucky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

advice needed/wanted

I have a 04 V that I just sold. I live in Germany and can't figure on what car to replace it with. I found a new M3 but you see BMW's everywhere, I'm also looking at the new Challenger SRT 8 with 6 speed. I like the dodge because of it's boldness, I like the BMW just because it is a M3. Help me out

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

814V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 PLATINUM CTS-V

Re: advice needed/wanted

V2.. thats all i have to say about that

I would like that too. But I can get the new M3 for 10G less and the SRT 8 for 15G less.

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

v2 v2 v2 v2 v2 v2 lol but if i could not afford that then a v1 with mods. then the new m3

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

You're on the wrong forum.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

What do you mean wrong Forum. I have an 04 V and just wanted to get an Idea on another car???

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

I'd get the M3.

The one word that pops in to my head everytime I see a Callenger is BLOAT.

I'm sure you'd get a LOT of attention in that car over there though.

Why not get a lightly used M3 for now, then pick up a lightly used V2 in a year or so?

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

trukk
    thank you for the input. I can't find a used American M3. The Challenger get attention over here, but it is big and bulky.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Of the choices you have, I guess I would go ahead and say M3 as well. But it won't be ANYWHERE near as comfortable, or enjoyable as a V2. I had a 2002 M3 Convertible and the thing nearly jarred my teeth out. What's worse, the SMG transmission was an absolute disaster. It is very odd that even though E46 BMWs are one of my favorite cars of ALL TIME, the E46 M3 is one of the WORST cars I owned.

Still, there is no doubting they get the job done when it comes to PRECISION and SPEED. So if that's all you want, and your concern is what badge is on the back of your car (sounds like it), then just get the M3. Otherwise be patient and get the V2 you really want.

By the way, why the hell would you want an "American" M3? Aren't the German versions of EVERYTHING better?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.