2010 Lincoln SRX (MKT)?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2010 Lincoln SRX (MKT)? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I just saw a picture and description of the new Lincoln MKT. Just as Cadillac is discontinuing the current SRX, ...
    jwoodie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 V8 AWD

2010 Lincoln SRX (MKT)?

I just saw a picture and description of the new Lincoln MKT. Just as Cadillac is discontinuing the current SRX, Lincoln is coming out with an even bigger (5200 lbs) clone: 7 passenger, glass roof, AWD, 350 hp, 20 in wheels. Sound familiar? Given the increasing popularity of station wagons (just don't call them that), it seems like GM once again prematurely rushed a potentially great product to market before the bugs had been worked out, thus impairing its market potential before it really ever got off the ground. Is Cadillac downsizing the SRX just as the market is turning towards acceptance of a luxury 7 passenger station wagon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Re: 2010 Lincoln SRX (MKT)?

I am gonna side with GM on the downsizing trend.

As well, Lincoln really needed something like that, since its full size SUV kinda sucks engine, transmission, handling, and fuel consumption wise (comparatively speaking to Escalade).

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

The bustle butt on the MKT has gotta go, though.

jwoodie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 V8 AWD

I agree it is one ugly mutha... It will be ineteresting to see how (or if) it sells. Maybe a used car bargain in the future?

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by jwoodie View Post
    Is Cadillac downsizing the SRX just as the market is turning towards acceptance of a luxury 7 passenger station wagon?
    No, We are offering a CTS Sport Wagon.

Newmonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The MKT is luxury crossover /suv that based on Ford Flex, which is a full size suv. It will compete with Mercedes GL and Audi Q7, Buick enclave. This car is not proper rival against SRX because there is a MKX for it. ( Mid size suv )

Also I will take MKT in this comparison because its 3.5 liter twin turbo engine makes 355 Hp and 475 Nm of torque while Srx can ony put 300 Hp and 400 Nm from 2.8. In my opinion, damn those two! Where are the V8? A non V8 engine in an American car? I think they should put V8 engines in those cars. L99 will make it with DOD , and in fords side why dont they put Mustang's 4.6 and 5.4 engines? They will do the work for a V8 request.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by jwoodie View Post
    I just saw a picture and description of the new Lincoln MKT. Just as Cadillac is discontinuing the current SRX, Lincoln is coming out with an even bigger (5200 lbs) clone: 7 passenger, glass roof, AWD, 350 hp, 20 in wheels. Sound familiar? Given the increasing popularity of station wagons (just don't call them that), it seems like GM once again prematurely rushed a potentially great product to market before the bugs had been worked out, thus impairing its market potential before it really ever got off the ground. Is Cadillac downsizing the SRX just as the market is turning towards acceptance of a luxury 7 passenger station wagon?
    Gm isn't downsizing the SRX, instead theyve split it off into 2 separate models.
    For people who enjoyed the sport aspect of the first gen SRX, the CTS sportwagon will fit the bill, and probably be even more sporty with just as much carrying space. It will be lower and lighter, so it should handle better. Plus, youll be able to access the rear storage area easier.
    For people who want to sit high up and drive a small SUV that looks pretty and offers decent flexibility and storage, the new SRX will fit that bill.

The second gen. SRX will very good choice I think, but what the hell is 2.8 Turbo V6 engine? This is not Europe, I think they should offer LS7 with V series badge to compete Cadillac against Bmw X5 Twin Turbo, Porsche Cayenne Turbo and ML63 Amg. They can do it...

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Uh oh...I better go take my temperature...I kinda like that look (post #3).

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by Newmonarch View Post
    In my opinion, damn those two! Where are the V8? A non V8 engine in an American car? I think they should put V8 engines in those cars.
    must be nice to live in a country where CAFE regulations are nothing more then rules for being in an actual Cafe

Than what will happen to Escalade, it has got 6.2L engine?

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Throwing an LS7 in every Cadillac will only increased the price, not the brand perception. Probably to the tune of $10k, as well...

The 2.8L Turbo V6 is there to get good power, mileage, and low weight. This is a fwd based SUV..V8 over the front wheels would only hurt the handling... And since this car is most likely directly aimed at the Lexus RX customer base, a V6Turbo will go over better. It should be very quiet, something the customer base will love.

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Throwing an LS7 in every Cadillac will only increased the price, not the brand perception. Probably to the tune of $10k, as well...

The 2.8L Turbo V6 is there to get good power, mileage, and low weight. This is a fwd based SUV..V8 over the front wheels would only hurt the handling... And since this car is most likely directly aimed at the Lexus RX customer base, a V6Turbo will go over better. It should be very quiet, something the customer base will love.
    Yes of course. Its my fault to think about Cadillac SRX vs Mercedes Ml or Bmw X5. Its still early , because US companies such as Gm has to recover their country from japanese imports first. Than they will go ahead for German cars. I think that this SRX will not handle as first SRX because of FWD based platform, but the quailty is much better .

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

New TAURUS SHO doesn't get a V8 either. Sort of whimpy by today's standard. I don't think bigjimsho would approve.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/11/v...ideo-revealed/

Norm

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    New TAURUS SHO doesn't get a V8 either. Sort of whimpy by today's standard. I don't think bigjimsho would approve.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/11/v...ideo-revealed/

Norm
    The SHO is FTW! They made the car to have performance but at the same time still get decent gas mileage so I think Ford left a lot on the floor when it comes to that engines output. I cannot wait to see what kinda of power increases people get out of these things once they come out

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.