Cadillac STS-V vs. Audi S8 vs. Mercedes S63 Amg
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadillac STS-V vs. Audi S8 vs. Mercedes S63 Amg in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Which one is better? I think you are thinking "STS is not in that class" , the price is lower ...
    Newmonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Cadillac STS-V vs. Audi S8 vs. Mercedes S63 Amg

Which one is better? I think you are thinking "STS is not in that class" , the price is lower than S8 ( 100.000$ ) and S63 Amg ( 130.000$ ), but those are imports, Cadillac is domestic you know. I heard that imports are generally %40-50 expensive than its domestic counterparts in USA.

So I am outside the USA, so what can you say about? ( Imagine a place that both Caddy, Bimmer and Benz are import ) Also STS-V weights and dimensions are very close to S8 and S63 Amg.

Again the engines are almost matchs up.

Cadillac uses 4.4 Liter V8 Supercharged 469 Hp and 595 Nm of torque, Benz uses 6.2 liter V8 510 Hp and 640 Nm of Torque, S8 uses 5.4 Liter V10 444 Hp and 540 Nm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adanieljohnson1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 StealthGrey CTS-V w/ Magnaflow Exhaust

Re: Cadillac STS-V vs. Audi S8 vs. Mercedes S63 Amg

Quote Originally Posted by Newmonarch View Post
    Which one is better? I think you are thinking "STS is not in that class" , the price is lower than S8 ( 100.000$ ) and S63 Amg ( 130.000$ ), but those are imports, Cadillac is domestic you know. I heard that imports are generally %40-50 expensive than its domestic counterparts in USA.

So I am outside the USA, so what can you say about? ( Imagine a place that both Caddy, Bimmer and Benz are import ) Also STS-V weights and dimensions are very close to S8 and S63 Amg.

Again the engines are almost matchs up.

Cadillac uses 4.4 Liter V8 Supercharged 469 Hp and 595 Nm of torque, Benz uses 6.2 liter V8 510 Hp and 640 Nm of Torque, S8 uses 5.4 Liter V10 444 Hp and 540 Nm.
    Go with the 2009 CTS-V with 550 hp and 556 foot pounds of torque! You will dust the competition on the track and in the wallet!!!!

CTS is smaller...

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Of the cars you chose the S63 AMG is hard to fault. If I were choosing I would prefer the SL63 Black with 603 HP, but that's something ultra expensive!

Then we will go to D3 for STS-V

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

Ill take a CLS63 AMG over all those listed. I LOVE the 09 CTS V but IMO the CLS is the best looking car on the road today.

WANTS..............

Now if the wife would ever finish fuggin school I will have.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Imo...

S63 > s8 > stsv
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

I'm more a fan of the CLS63 AMG than the S63. IMO the new model isn't nearly as elegant or sophisticated looking as the W220.

Unfortunately, the STS-V isn't really in this same class. It's more a competitor of the M5, S6, etc. Then again, so is the CTS-V...

But the price, weight and dimensions are the same as S63&S8.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

True, but the power, build quality, and overall design lack what the others have. Cadillac has many confused as to what car the STS competes against. When it came out, the STS was a 5, GS, E-Class, and A6 competitor, and now that the CTS is a much better one to those cars, the STS is kinda left out. It's also not nearly as big as the S-Class and doesn't offer the features of any of those other cars; but then again, the design is almost 5 years old so it wouldn't anyway.

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

IMO Cadillac lacks a true "Flagship" model. The XLR is the most expensive but its a 2 seater built on a Corvette. The DTS is the biggest but its FWD and not even in the same league as true flagship like the LS430, A8, S550 etc in the luxury or design departments. The STS is nie but still not in hte same catagory as a true flagship.

Bring on the Sixteen!!!!

Yes, the STS-V is old.

But what will happen if GM put LS7 to Chinese SLS or Buick Park Avenue and sell them? Can Buick compete with S63 Amg than?

By the way, the GM is plannig to stop ZETA platform, thanks GM. The poor Benz and Bmw can make RWD cars but you cant, I cant understand you...

The dimensions of STS-V;

Length: 5019mm, Width: 1844mm, Height: 1478 mm

Here S63 Amg,

Length:5079mm, Width: 1872 mm, Height: 1473 mm.

Cadillac STS is only 6 cm ( 2.36 inches ) smaller and 2.8 cm narrower ( 1.1 inches ) but STS is 5 mm taller.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

The STS doesnt have the technical spec to compete with an S-class or A8. In fact Cadillac doesnt have the technical spec to compete with MB or Audi. It doesnt matter if these innovations are useful or not, the car needs them to compete. The interior needs alot more creature comforts, especially in the rear. The STS, if a flagship, needs to be the shining example of every single technical innovation GM has. It needs the 'lades led headlights. It should have heated and cooled power reclining front and rear seats, massaging would be even better, with the option of Captains seats.. It needs more choices on interior color, and a much better stereo. Lane change warning, some automatically guided cruise control, voice control of everything, and the quietest interior known to man. Right now the STS-V offers nothing over the CTS besides a low powered V8 and MRC available with every engine level.

Yes you are right, but this is a Gm's fault.

The DTS has got Massaging , Cooling and Power seats , Adaptive Cruise Control , Voice control even 2000's Deville has got Night Vision and Adaptive seats which is not avaliable in all vehicles that Cadillac have. CTS has got Navigaton unit with hdd and etc., also the Lane Change Warning is avaliable on STS V8.

GM is stupid **** we know that, but what will happen if I adopt this equipments to STS-V? Seats from DTS and another equipments from another Cadillac cars. Why doesnt Gm doing it? And what will happen if I put LS7 engine in Chinese Buick Or SLS? Can it beat? I know that they are equipped with rear seat functions.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

The question is will anyone pay 100k for a Cadillac? If the XLR is any indication, probably not!
    Cadillac is not accepted as a tier 1 luxury brand worldwide. For that matter, not even in N.America. They need to keep working their way back up to that level. Acura is trying to do the same thing. The difference being that Cadillac has been there before, and itll be eaasier to get back. The new CTS and i bet the new SRX will do a lot to get Cadillac back with the top players (MB/BMW/Lexus)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.