Lincoln MKZ 3.5 AWD vs Mercedes Benz E350 4 Matic
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Lincoln MKZ 3.5 AWD vs Mercedes Benz E350 4 Matic in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Which one is better? ( Overall, technology, performance, interior quality, quietness, traction, handling, equipment )...
    Newmonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Lincoln MKZ 3.5 AWD vs Mercedes Benz E350 4 Matic

Which one is better? ( Overall, technology, performance, interior quality, quietness, traction, handling, equipment )

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: Lincoln MKZ 3.5 AWD vs Mercedes Benz E350 4 Matic

I'd get the MKZ just because it's not a Benz. Their cars are built for crap

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

The MKZ isn't even in the same class as the Merc. It would probably compare better to the C-Class, which is better still. Lincoln doesn't make a car that could really compare to the E, so I'd take the E for sure. It's better looking, more elegant, and has more features than the MKZ. Plus, it's a Mercedes. A status symbol for wealth and power (for god knows what reason).

But in here ( Which I live ) , MKZ prices is same as Mercedes E class...In America Mercedes is expensive than domestics you know

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    The MKZ isn't even in the same class as the Merc. It would probably compare better to the C-Class, which is better still. Lincoln doesn't make a car that could really compare to the E, so I'd take the E for sure. It's better looking, more elegant, and has more features than the MKZ. Plus, it's a Mercedes. A status symbol for wealth and power (for god knows what reason).
    And as of late it's a status of fail and being put together with bubble gum and chicken wire. I wouldn't buy a product because of the badge on it knowing full well that its not known for it's reliability. I'll take a less prestigious luxury brand and save myself a lot of money just to have a reliable vehicle. It's hard to look wealthy and powerful when your car is broken down on the side of the highway

Please, not imagine only USA. Think that both cars are in a place that which makes those cars import ( For example Europe )

Quote Originally Posted by Newmonarch View Post
    Please, not imagine only USA. Think that both cars are in a place that which makes those cars import ( For example Europe )
    I'm sorry but I have no clue as to what you said here

parexa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think what he means is that in Europe or whereever he lives the MKZ is as expensive as E350, while in US the MKZ is a lot cheaper. So he probably wants some insight without considering the price

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

I have an 07 MKZ AWD. It's a competent, reliable car. But, it's about as exciting as warm milk to drive. Which is fine, if that's what you want - smooth with a wide turning radius and OK power. The trunk is very large for the size car and there is good front and rear legroom. However, the current model is low quality leather and there are too many interior reminders that it's a kissing cousin to the Fusion and Milan side of the family. The 2010 MKZ looks to be an improvement in almost all areas. I can't compare it to a Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    And as of late it's a status of fail and being put together with bubble gum and chicken wire. I wouldn't buy a product because of the badge on it knowing full well that its not known for it's reliability. I'll take a less prestigious luxury brand and save myself a lot of money just to have a reliable vehicle. It's hard to look wealthy and powerful when your car is broken down on the side of the highway
    From what I have read, Mercedes quality is improving steadily from where they were 5-9 years ago. However, I might be getting bad information. I haven't been in a recent E-Class, but I was in an '04 3-4 years ago and it looked pretty well constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by parexa View Post
    I think what he means is that in Europe or whereever he lives the MKZ is as expensive as E350, while in US the MKZ is a lot cheaper. So he probably wants some insight without considering the price
    Yes.

Do you have any consideration for a Cadillac CTS or STS?

Yes

Of the two, I find the STS the better car to be honest. It's more comfortable and the interior is much roomier with some excellent seats, and a extremely useful center stack. The exterior is a little more homely, but other than that the STS is a great value, especially when CPO (Certfied Pre Owned). If you're looking for sport, go for the CTS. Even on the base FE1 model it's sportier than the STS, though it lacks room and has smallish seats I'm not crazy over.

STS is in the class of S or 7 I think...Because in Europe the prices are same as same horsepowered S class or 7. Or am I thinking wrong? I am saying this because if the new CTS is not rival against M5 or E63 Amg, than what will happen to M3 or C63 Amg in the track? 556 Hp versus 420 is fair? But the 556 Hp Cts-v is only cost 60.000$ while nearly 80 hp low powered STS-V costs 84.000$. Same goes for dimensions, STS is very identical to S Class , A8 and 7 . 5 meters, 1.85 meters of width . But CTS is smaller than that. Its my opinions, I know that Us magazines are always put Cadillac CTS against C series or 3, but in Europe the tests are between E series, 5 series etc.

http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_2492...m.htm#27381609

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.