Opinions on Chrysler Corp. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Opinions on Chrysler Corp. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I dont know about Chrysler.. My mom has the 1999 concorde, which is basically the dodge interped. both have the ...
    caddyshack24 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Opinions on Chrysler Corp.

I dont know about Chrysler..
    My mom has the 1999 concorde, which is basically the dodge interped.
    both have the 2.7L DOHC v6 thats notorious for oil build up.. something about the internal oil passage being to small, causes it to sludge up.
    These engines also have a timing chain failure problem..

No recall was issued but there is a lawsuit
    Glad it's under warrenty still

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

My friend's dad get a company and for awhile he was getting Dodges, he had two Intrepids. Then the company started giving him Pontiacs, a Bonneville and a bunch of Grand Prixs, and he likes them way more. Chrysler just always seems to come up short.

The only Chrysler products I would ever consider would be the old police cars, Diplomat, Gran Fury, Monaco, they were kinda cool.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    They have some issues today..

The ram 1500's have a tranny issue. My friends dad has one, and its got 45k and it already needs a new transmission!!!

I also know someone that works at a chrysler factory, and actually builds the ball joints, here in New Castle, Indiana!

The dealer should cover them, its a a recall......
    Practically all 90's+ chryslers have tranny and engine problems... especially the trucks. Why we'll never buy chrysler again... some of their engineering can be dangerious, If you floored it from a regular cruise, the downshift on our 89 dakota would take forever and then decide to pick the WRONG gear to go into, loosing accel time and almost causing accidents. Heard story's of this on other cars from chrysler as well.

Might buy the latest ones based on mercedes platforums, like the crossfire, and pacifica.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Overall I see Chrysler being the only domestic brand car company making a rise in the car market. They're bringing out some nice performing vehicles in the SRT-4, SRT-6, Magnum R/T, and 300C Hemi. But what I don't like is how they're relying on Benz and AMG to do most of the work on any damn thing anymore. Everytime I pick up a magazine and start reading something about a Chrysler product there's always something about this AMG designed/engineered/produced part in this Chrysler vehicle. The SRT-10 Ram is a joke IMO. Over $45k for a truck that can barely outperform a 7 year old platform in the Lightning isn't impressive in my book. And the 6 speed manual is down right retarded to have in that thing. When most of the engines tq is down low in the rpm's you have to be shifting like a mad man when trying to race it. They should have taken a page out of Ford's book with it being an automatic but the new Quad Cab SRT-10 Ram will come with a auto but with the optional 6 speed manual. Another example is the Crossfire. Even the commercials were bragging about how it was german engineered and the engine and tranny and gear box are all Benz parts. And when you go to a dealer all they try to point out is that this and that are from Benz so it must be good. Even though the SRT-6 Crossfire is going to be fast all it is is a engine from a the AMG verison of the SLK230. And with this new ME412 they're supposedly making the gear book was designed and built by AMG, the engine was designed and built by AMG, the tranny was designed and built by AMG. So what is it that Chrysler does? Say we want this and that.....Benz/AMG go build it so we can throw our badge on it. So even though DCX is rising in the market the only reason is doing it with Benz/AMG doing all the work for them.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

I personally have only owned two Chrysler products.

1. 1980 Jeep Cj5. Tough as nails. Rebuilt the 304 V8 and went a little crazy with the power in such a small truck. This baby was a play toy...no radio, no ac, nothing but a V8 and mud tires (about 8-9mpg).

2. 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. This baby had all the bells and whistles: V8, leather, power this and power that, blah, blah. It was one of the most comfortable trucks, but probably the biggest P.O.S. I have ever owned. I had one drivetrain problem after another.

The two best days you'll own a Jeep/Chrysler product are: the day you but it, and the day you sell it!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout
    Overall I see Chrysler being the only domestic brand car company making a rise in the car market. They're bringing out some nice performing vehicles in the SRT-4, SRT-6, Magnum R/T, and 300C Hemi.
    Blackout, as usual, you're right on the money, and this article backs you up. Also, if you notice the stock prices at the bottom, they were higher today, indicating growth in sales, etc.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/inde...&sid=173&n=156

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

No-one can say anything bout the new hemi's. THey haul ass.

speedyman_2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS

Just about everyone I know with a Chyrysler product hates it because of problems. One of the most common was transmission problems. My dads Jeep Cherokee. Manager where I worked had problems even after the dealer fixed it. Uncle had numerous problems with a truck too. A friend of my dad had a few truck he used for his home building business. Nothing but trouble. And always said he hated it. Even people I know that didn't have problems with it, didn't really give it any praise. I've never owned one, and probably never will.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex

The two best days you'll own a Jeep/Chrysler product are: the day you but it, and the day you sell it!
    uhhhhh....thats a boat dude...

ben72227 is offline Banned

I would NEVER buy any DymerChrysler vehicle except maybe a Maybach...those look nice.

Dodge is a joke. Even with the Hemi, their cars and trucks still suck. They look nice though - i like the new Magnum, but id never get one because of the reliability issues that come with dodges.

Jeep isn't too bad, but again, id never buy one. I thought the Liberty was a good move by them though.

Chrysler. well, id never get one, but the 300 looks REAL nice. i might test drive it sometime.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Chrysler is a mixed bag. A friend of mine bought a 94 LHS with 130k, put 20k on it in a year and its running like new (I've been driving it around lately). In 20k, he had to install a used AC compressor and evaporator sensor. Easy DIY stuff, cheap parts. Nothing atypical for its age. Its due for a tranny.. the current one is making funny sounds. But after a decade and about 150k, thats not bad at all. The engine could run forever, the chassis feels tight and the interior shows very little wear -- its like new inside.

Constrastingly, anyone with a 2.7L V6 in their Chrysler/Dodge product got to enjoy total engine failure from sludge, timing chain tensioner failures, and other engine-related fatal/catastrophic damage.

The Chrysler 300M, which utilizes a 250HP 3.5L V6, has developed a reputation for a strong reliable drivetrain.

So I guess the lesson here is that Chryslers either suck hard or run well for a long time (affordably) -- it all depends.

-Jesda

gtm245 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I hate my POS Chrysler

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Yea the 300C drives great I love how the car accelerates....it seems to never end. But you are right about AMG/Benz/Chrysler.....Chrysler is designing the cars and Mercedes is engineering them....or so it seems.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Chrystler is now owned by Daimler-Benz. Chrystler has recently released a lot of new "Benz-like" designs; I suppose we can all be grateful that Benz in influencing Chrystler and not the other way around. That means Chrystler only stands to become more refined and hopefully more reliable. As to the Crossfire, is was entirely created by Benz's designers and engineers, and it's been said that the Crossfire is almost to much Benz to wear the Chrystler label. I don't think they'll make that mistake again, because they could sell the same car for a lot more money if it wore the peace sign on the front.

My personal disgust for Jeep and Chrystler comes from the first year I owned a lemon that spent a whole month in the shop. This dealer sold me a POS and then they didn't want to fix the damn thing. That would leave a bad taste in anybody's mouth. So after that (and hearing stories like it from people I met at the dealer's service dept) I swore off the entire company and sold the POS.

Imprl59 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I own two classic Chryslers. '59 Imperial and a '68 Newport convertible. Both of those are tanks that will out live me.

Had a '96 Ram that had five transmission rebuilds before 60k. I had to dump it because the tranny was going out again and warranty was up. Every time it had the same problem of not being able to decide which gear it wanted.

Sister currently has a 300M. Very nice car. They all seem to suffer from the same few problems and she has had them as well. Flakey power window motors and bad a/c evaporator last month.

Chrysler is really screwing people on the warranty. On sisters car the sway bar end links are bad and not covered by warranty because they are "regular maintenance items". I've never had GM tell me a front end part needs to be replaced as regular maintenance. Coworker just sold his Sebring and bought a Ford truck because every time the car went in the shop they found some way out of warrantying the failure.

Swore I would never own another one but have to admit I really want a 300C. Thats the first new car in a decade that I REALLY want. Beautiful design and a real engine!

Steve B.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.