Cadilllac Got Bested...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Cadilllac Got Bested... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Granted its 15 years after the 1st N* however imho thats all the more reason why the should have improved ...
    CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Cadilllac Got Bested...

Granted its 15 years after the 1st N* however imho thats all the more reason why the should have improved it more as they had the time to tweak it...
    Even in 2008 with VVT they are only pushing 320 HP...

While this is taken from 2009 Hyundai Genesis web site:

- 375HP 4.6L DOHC 32-valve V8 engine with dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

iametarq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Cadilllac Got Bested...

don't even think about turning to the dark side...

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

your kidding me right?
    this is me we are talking about....
    im just stating that kinda pisses me off that some Korean tupperware is boasting the same displacement and 75 more hp....
    i dont like losing in a heat to a Import....

FrankT is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 STS

Let's put that Import against an STS V, 4.4L supercharged Northstar V8, 469 hp/ 439 ft-lbs.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Old news dude, this car's been out for a few months now.

Still though, 375hp out of a N/A 4.6L DOHC V-8 is very impressive.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Garnet Red Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    Still though, 375hp out of a N/A 4.6L DOHC V-8 is very impressive.
    Infiniti/Nissan pulled 340hp out of a N/A 4.5 liter back in 2002.
    1996 Cadillac Fleetwood "SS"- sold but not forgotten
    1994 Cadillac Fleetwood- the sleeper project
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition WS6 Conv't- the show car
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd- the autox gokart
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged- wife's daily driver
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Crew 4x4- daily driver/tow vehicle

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

www.genesisowners.com

The Hyundai Genesis runs to 60 in 5.5 seconds.. It's an impressive vehicle on many counts. It handles well, rides smooth, has lots of toys and an excellent warranty...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

caddolicious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD

I can't stand this vehicle. True, the performance specs are not bad at all. Slapping large V8’s in smaller cars is caveman approach to performance design that is prone to many other performance detriments, just ask Carol Shelby.

However, this is another example of design piracy in China / Taiwan that seems to be spreading into Hyundai and Kia. Check out this link on Chinese rip-offs in the auto sector:

http://creativeadvertisingworld.com/bmw-7-vs-byd-f6/

While design is not everything, it develops the trademark of a company that should be protected under licence of Intellectual Property. However, because western companies lack any formidable influence in controlling such infringements, certain Asian manufacturers have carbon-copied their way to the bank.

Companies such as Hyundai and Kia have been cautious in these practices; however, they still clearly use the trademarks of other manufacturers to generate consumer appeal. For those that are stupid enough to fall for such piracy; all the power to you, ignorance is truly bliss. But don’t drive around thinking you are driving a special piece of machinery – it’s a “wanna-be” and you look like a dumb-ass for driving it.

So the fact that someone may suggest that Cadillac was bested by a Hyundai makes no sense to me.

It seems as though Hyundai took a bunch of parts from a luxury scrap yard and tried to make it their own. This Hyundai Genesis is the result of pirating the back end of a BMW and melding it with the front end of a Lexus and slapping a Bentley logo on its arse.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by caddolicious View Post
    I can't stand this vehicle. True, the performance specs are not bad at all. Slapping large V8’s in smaller cars is caveman approach to performance design that is prone to many other performance detriments, just ask Carol Shelby.

However, this is another example of design piracy in China / Taiwan that seems to be spreading into Hyundai and Kia. Check out this link on Chinese rip-offs in the auto sector:

http://creativeadvertisingworld.com/bmw-7-vs-byd-f6/

While design is not everything, it develops the trademark of a company that should be protected under licence of Intellectual Property. However, because western companies lack any formidable influence in controlling such infringements, certain Asian manufacturers have carbon-copied their way to the bank.

Companies such as Hyundai and Kia have been cautious in these practices; however, they still clearly use the trademarks of other manufacturers to generate consumer appeal. For those that are stupid enough to fall for such piracy; all the power to you, ignorance is truly bliss. But don’t drive around thinking you are driving a special piece of machinery – it’s a “wanna-be” and you look like a dumb-ass for driving it.

So the fact that someone may suggest that Cadillac was bested by a Hyundai makes no sense to me.

It seems as though Hyundai took a bunch of parts from a luxury scrap yard and tried to make it their own. This Hyundai Genesis is the result of pirating the back end of a BMW and melding it with the front end of a Lexus and slapping a Bentley logo on its arse.
    You gotta be kidding me. Copying other automakers cars is nothing new at all. If they're only "copying" these other companies then how did they win the car of the year award when they were only making a "not as good" version of a BMW/Lexus/Bentley? Look what they did with the XG350 or the Kia Amanti. Those are more prevalent copies of other luxury cars yet they sold/sell for shit. For whatever reason people are just reluctant as hell to just give Hyundai their kudos for what they have managed to do and it's just really starting to get old quick. If the Genesis had a Cadillac crest on it you would think that it's the best thing Cadillac has ever done.

mlprus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 SLS-current 2000 STS-REPO'D in '04 :(

Riiiiiight. That's what we should do. Forget these stupid American built Cadillacs and such, let's dump all of our money into the lap of jankity Korean, and Chinese auto makers. Yeah....... Right.

C0RSA1R is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 ETC Black 90k miles

Not what's being said here - it's just a little frustrating when "Yankee ingenuity" is being overcome by the import crowd. I know Cadillac can do better than Hyundai if they try - but they also have to meet more stringent CAFE standards and they don't exactly have the money to spare at the moment for R&D (and in truth, haven't had that money for years). So, they shrug their shoulders and put out what they can - and take the rest over to the shop and slap superchargers on. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Quote Originally Posted by 96Fleetwood View Post
    Infiniti/Nissan pulled 340hp out of a N/A 4.5 liter back in 2002.
    BMW managed 343hp from a N/A 3.0L I6 back in 2000

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    BMW managed 343hp from a N/A 3.0L I6 back in 2000

Yet fast forward to 2009 and they need a twin turbo setup on that engine and still put out less hp with the turbos on there?

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

It's easy to take a design that is now almost 20 years old, copy it, and improve upon it.
    For Hyundai to have "beaten" GM they'd have to go back in time, design something comparable and beat Cadillac to production.
    GM's white sheet engines beat the snot out of the competition every time they come out with a new one.

Anybody who doesn't understand that wasn't alive in the 80's when carmakers were stumbling over technology to make new stuff work on old designs.
    God that was awful.

I see no proof of superiority here except maybe a trap time. So some lady in her Hyundai beats me to the next red light... whoopee!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.