Got tired of waiting!
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Got tired of waiting! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have been on the waiting list for the V2 for almost a year now hoping it would be released ...
  1. #1
    MIACTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    36

    Got tired of waiting!

    I have been on the waiting list for the V2 for almost a year now hoping it would be released by sept as my lease is over in aug, but since there has been very little info from Cadillac on the release date and pricing and from the looks of it the car wont be available until at least Nov I had to lease another car.

    At least I made some Money out of it as I was able to sell my spot on the list.

    I'll keep coming back to read the latest on this forum as some of you characters here are funny as s**t.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    CIWS's Avatar
    CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    D/FW Tejas
    Posts
    25,456

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    No here offense dude, but GM / Cadillac had been saying publicly that production would not start until September. I realize things change and production times will vary, but that's still been a safe point to calculate from. If you had an Aug lease end date, IMO, you should have been planning for at least 8 weeks of fill in waiting on the V. Although now it may be a few more than that.

  4. #3
    Dr Chill's Avatar
    Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Posts
    196

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    I too had a hard time waiting until November with my wife's E55 lease up Aug 7. This in combination of being wary of first release vehicles after our experience with the E55, made me defer until model year 2 is out.

    I however did not "sell" my spot as #1 on the list. Anyone willing to pay for an early spot with the car being produced in fairly good volumes with very short waiting lists at the dealers, is an idiot.

  5. #4
    MIACTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    36
    Thread Starter

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
    I too had a hard time waiting until November with my wife's E55 lease up Aug 7. This in combination of being wary of first release vehicles after our experience with the E55, made me defer until model year 2 is out.

    I however did not "sell" my spot as #1 on the list. Anyone willing to pay for an early spot with the car being produced in fairly good volumes with very short waiting lists at the dealers, is an idiot.
    Well you Know what they say "There's one born every minute".

    I actually sold my spot to a local dealer who sells high end and specialty cars and has had alot of people asking for the V2 who are pretty much willing to pay whatever it takes to have one. (some people just have too much money!)

    Unfortunately I'm not one of them.

  6. #5
    MIACTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    36
    Thread Starter

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    No here offense dude, but GM / Cadillac had been saying publicly that production would not start until September. I realize things change and production times will vary, but that's still been a safe point to calculate from. If you had an Aug lease end date, IMO, you should have been planning for at least 8 weeks of fill in waiting on the V. Although now it may be a few more than that.
    Well I was planing on waiting about a month or so without a car until the V2 was realeased but the dealer couldent tell me for sure when the car was being released they first told me it was being relaeased in the fall now they are telling me its more like winter. I could have rented a POS chevy aveo for about a month but theres no way I'm driving that for 4 months and with my luck they would have given me a yellow one

    So I drove by a Jaguar dealer and fell in love with the new XF supercharged they gave me a good deal on it so thats what I got. I know its not as fast as the V2 but it's not that slow either. Here are some pictures.

    http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/DSC00961.jpg

    http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/DSC01004.jpg

    http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/DSC00987.jpg

  7. #6
    ylwjacket's Avatar
    ylwjacket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    294

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    That Jag's a sharp car, nothing to be ashamed of there!

  8. #7
    Cadillac Tony's Avatar
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Leesburg, Florida
    Posts
    2,190

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    I love this whole "Fall vs. Winter" debate- it cracks me up. Fall, Winter, whatever- it's Q4 2008, same as it's always been.

    Sometime I don't know why I bother posting here, because I've posted a minimum of 10 times (in several threads, including my own) that start of production is October 20th and cars will arrive early November, yet no one seems to notice.

    Is this thing on?
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

    www.cadillactony.com



    The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

  9. #8
    urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    San 'tone, TX
    Posts
    23,228

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post

    Is this thing on?
    you said on

  10. #9
    Torxila's Avatar
    Torxila is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Farmington Hills MI
    Age
    66
    Posts
    568

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    I love this whole "Fall vs. Winter" debate- it cracks me up. Fall, Winter, whatever- it's Q4 2008, same as it's always been.

    Sometime I don't know why I bother posting here, because I've posted a minimum of 10 times (in several threads, including my own) that start of production is October 20th and cars will arrive early November, yet no one seems to notice.

    Is this thing on?
    Tony, I hear you, loud and clear! Some people don't READ ALL THE INFO.
    On line ordering guide with pricing is Aug 25th, "public car" production AS TONY STATED will commence OCT 20 2008. Units should hit floors about 4-5 weeks later, so in time for Lions to loose on Thanksgiving!

    FWIW, they're still screwing with production based "V2" tooling for "Kee-Riced" sakes.
    TORXILA

  11. #10
    MIACTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    36
    Thread Starter

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    I love this whole "Fall vs. Winter" debate- it cracks me up. Fall, Winter, whatever- it's Q4 2008, same as it's always been.

    Sometime I don't know why I bother posting here, because I've posted a minimum of 10 times (in several threads, including my own) that start of production is October 20th and cars will arrive early November, yet no one seems to notice.

    Is this thing on?
    Hi Tony, I have read and enjoyed all of your posts you are very knowledgable about the product you sell which unfortunatley is a rarity with salesmen these days. I know GM has said Q4 all along I guess I was being optimistic it would be released at the begining of Q4 and not at the end of it. Because there is a 90 day difference there and 90 days whithout a car in Miami is along time since you have to have one here to get around in.

  12. #11
    CIWS's Avatar
    CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    D/FW Tejas
    Posts
    25,456

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    Quote Originally Posted by ylwjacket View Post
    That Jag's a sharp car, nothing to be ashamed of there!


    Definitely a car I would give consideration to.

    The only thing I'm unsure of right now with Jag is how the Indian ownership will pan out. But there's no way to know that for a few years yet.

  13. #12
    CIWS's Avatar
    CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    D/FW Tejas
    Posts
    25,456

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Sometimes I don't know why I bother posting here, because I've posted a minimum of 10 times (in several threads, including my own) that start of production is ^(*&%$ $#@!)( **@!$!^% ^%$, yet no one seems to notice.

    Is this thing on?
    I'm sorry sir a part of your transmission seems to have become garbled.




  14. #13
    RightTurn's Avatar
    RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Keep Right™
    Posts
    41,067

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    ^^

    MIACTSV--nice ride.

  15. #14
    Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    728

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    Quote Originally Posted by MIACTSV View Post
    So I drove by a Jaguar dealer and fell in love with the new XF supercharged they gave me a good deal on it so thats what I got. I know its not as fast as the V2 but it's not that slow either. Here are some pictures.

    http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/DSC00961.jpg

    http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/DSC01004.jpg

    http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u...4/DSC00987.jpg
    That is an AWESOME ride.

  16. #15
    Kidhummer's Avatar
    Kidhummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    333

    Re: Got tired of waiting!

    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting