Got tired of waiting! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Got tired of waiting! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by CIWS Definitely a car I would give consideration to. The only thing I'm unsure of right now ...
    MIACTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Got tired of waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post

Definitely a car I would give consideration to.

The only thing I'm unsure of right now with Jag is how the Indian ownership will pan out. But there's no way to know that for a few years yet.
    Yeah I guess time will tell how Tata will do with Jaguar so far they seem to be investing alot of money into them.

I was changing the License plate lights on it the other day to the white LED type and I noticed a Ford logo on the lens

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MIACTSV View Post
    Yeah I guess time will tell how Tata will do with Jaguar so far they seem to be investing alot of money into them.

I was changing the License plate lights on it the other day to the white LED type and I noticed a Ford logo on the lens
    so how do you like your XF?

after strongly considering the STS-V, the XF is officially my "V2 is priced way too high or i can't get one for 6 months" alternative.

i keep forgetting that the XF has 20 more horsepower than my V1, is lighter and has a much nicer interior + cool electricals.

MIACTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    so how do you like your XF?

after strongly considering the STS-V, the XF is officially my "V2 is priced way too high or i can't get one for 6 months" alternative.

i keep forgetting that the XF has 20 more horsepower than my V1, is lighter and has a much nicer interior + cool electricals.
    So far I love it, They seem to have spent alot of time on calibrating the suspension as the ride is great absorbing all sorts of bumps with no problem (which is pretty amazing considering it rides on very low profile 20" wheels) but at the same time it handles great with no body lean whatsoever and very quick steering response. The engine is plenty powerful with 420 hp and its very smooth and linear in its power delivery you cant hardly hear the roots type supercharger, although its not as fast as the V2, AMG or M, for that you will have to wait for the Type R which is due early next year and should have over 500 hp, but still 0 to 60 in 4.9 sec is not too bad. The brakes are also excellent stopping the car from 60 in 108 ft but as all European cars its a black brake dust assault on the wheels. The interior is very comfortable with plenty of leg and headroom (I'm 6'3") but the seats could use more side bolstering if you plan on driving it hard around the corners otherwise they are very comfortable and the quality of the leather on the seats and dashboard is top notch. One more thing before they kick me out of here for writing about Jag and not cadillac the Bowers & Wilkens stereo system is amazing very loud plenty of Bass and Highs as opposed to the Bose in the cadillac which I have heard at the dealer, the Bose is not bad but it just doesn't compare.

Hope this helps with your decision making, I will say however the V2 is a kick ass car.

Quote Originally Posted by MIACTSV View Post
    So far I love it, They seem to have spent alot of time on calibrating the suspension as the ride is great absorbing all sorts of bumps with no problem (which is pretty amazing considering it rides on very low profile 20" wheels) but at the same time it handles great with no body lean whatsoever and very quick steering response. The engine is plenty powerful with 420 hp and its very smooth and linear in its power delivery you cant hardly hear the roots type supercharger, although its not as fast as the V2, AMG or M, for that you will have to wait for the Type R which is due early next year and should have over 500 hp, but still 0 to 60 in 4.9 sec is not too bad. The brakes are also excellent stopping the car from 60 in 108 ft but as all European cars its a black brake dust assault on the wheels. The interior is very comfortable with plenty of leg and headroom (I'm 6'3") but the seats could use more side bolstering if you plan on driving it hard around the corners otherwise they are very comfortable and the quality of the leather on the seats and dashboard is top notch. One more thing before they kick me out of here for writing about Jag and not cadillac the Bowers & Wilkens stereo system is amazing very loud plenty of Bass and Highs as opposed to the Bose in the cadillac which I have heard at the dealer, the Bose is not bad but it just doesn't compare.

Hope this helps with your decision making, I will say however the V2 is a kick ass car.

That was very helpful, thanks. I just saw the XF in one of the car rags I got a few days ago and continue to be impressed with the looks and luxary. I will definitely be getting this car if the V2 falls through. It is a big step up in almost every aspect from the V1.

The R version should be awesome. I wonder how much it will cost now that Tata is calling the shots...

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Ive purposely stayed away from the local Jag dealership because of this car. I was absolutely in love with it at the car show. Since the Coupe V is probably a year away, give or take, I have a feeling Id be following the same path as you, getting the XF.

Ford oversaw the development of this car, but how much Ford is actually in it?

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Ive purposely stayed away from the local Jag dealership because of this car. I was absolutely in love with it at the car show. Since the Coupe V is probably a year away, give or take, I have a feeling Id be following the same path as you, getting the XF.

Ford oversaw the development of this car, but how much Ford is actually in it?

I would say quite a bit, but not in a bad way. Ford had really turned Jaguar around from a product pespective in recent years after bringing in the Aston Martin designer and beefing up quality. It is quite a shame that after all the money they pissed away they had to sell Jag/PAG right when things were starting to look up. Tata got a great deal, although anticipate them making all the same mistakes that Ford made. After all they are the ones trying to manufacture the worlds cheapest car...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_nano

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Someone just pointed this out in another forum. The Jag (XK and XJ) isn't fairing well with expected repair costs. 2nd only to a Dodge Viper.

Best 10, Worst 10 Cars for Repair Costs

Monday, September 1, 2008

There's more expense to a car than the purchase price
    Anyone in the market for a new car this year should factor in a number of other costs, such as the interest rate on the loan, depreciation, reliability, fuel economy and -- not to be overlooked -- maintenance and repair.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...r-Repair-Costs

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

For many years I owned Jaguars. I enjoyed their style and performance. But the truth they are not the stand outs in these areas that they once were. Combine decline in the "unique" factor with the fact that Jaguar service has reached astronomical heights in price; hourly rates and parts cost having risen outlandishly,. I doubt I will ever own another. A trip to our local dealer leaves me cold; as though they think "attitude" will sell their product. Mercedes used to take the prize for an unpleasant dealer experience, but Jag is giving them a good run for their money.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Someone just pointed this out in another forum. The Jag (XK and XJ) isn't fairing well with expected repair costs. 2nd only to a Dodge Viper.

Best 10, Worst 10 Cars for Repair Costs

Monday, September 1, 2008

There's more expense to a car than the purchase price
    Anyone in the market for a new car this year should factor in a number of other costs, such as the interest rate on the loan, depreciation, reliability, fuel economy and -- not to be overlooked -- maintenance and repair.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...r-Repair-Costs
    That list is eye opening, but maybe not in the way they intended? The average cost of the cars in the top list must be around $60-70k! While the bottom list is probably closer to $20-30k. I dont expect someone with an SL500 to care about 6g's of expense as much as someone with a Suzuki XL7 would.

I love how they think that factoring in the entire total cost of ownership is a new idea that everyone should adopt this year.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.