[2009] CTS vs. E90 vs. W204 vs. IS vs. A4 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, [2009] CTS vs. E90 vs. W204 vs. IS vs. A4 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; While I realize it isn't really chic to say this, one of my decision points was to buy American if ...
    BamaCaddy08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS, DI, FE3

Re: [2009] CTS vs. E90 vs. W204 vs. IS vs. A4

While I realize it isn't really chic to say this, one of my decision points was to buy American if I could.
    Screw that!!!! Be proud of the fact that buying American was important to you! The fact that you were able to buy a no apologies AMERICAN car that needs no excuses to justify its purchase is proof that we American can and will build some of the finest cars in the World. The fact that its American is iceing on the very sweet cake that this car is.

Its a real shame that so many Americans especially in my generation have such a negative stereotype in their minds about American cars, whats even sadder is that they are so avid in their now mistaken and unfounded beliefs/stupidity.

The day it becomes un-chic to say that you are an American or be proud of "American" things etc is the day America dies and we become just like every other country out there, second rate!

The Drakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCaddy08 View Post
    ...Be proud of the fact that buying American was important to you!
    If you have any question about my pride, check my avatar

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Buying an American-made car (80% from U.S.A. & Canada) was definitely a factor in my decision, too. Maybe just the cherry on the whipped cream on the icing on the cake, but a factor.

If you have any question about my pride, check my avatar
    I sure hope you didnt take my comment as me questioning your patriotism. I am very sorry if you took it that way because I promise it was not ment that way at all. You should never have to start off a comment with the words "While I realize it isn't really chic to say this" thats what my comment was about.

The Drakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI

I sure hope you didnt take my comment as me questioning your patriotism. I am very sorry if you took it that way because I promise it was not ment that way at all. You should never have to start off a comment with the words "While I realize it isn't really chic to say this" thats what my comment was about.

I sometimes do that to forestall commentary from those who believe that they are cool because they are buying European or Japanese, etc. Some things you just cannot buy American anymore e.g., HDTV, Quality watches. Cars aren't in that group, fortunately.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Screw that!!!! Be proud of the fact that buying American was important to you! The fact that you were able to buy a no apologies AMERICAN car that needs no excuses to justify its purchase is proof that we American can and will build some of the finest cars in the World. The fact that its American is iceing on the very sweet cake that this car is.

Its a real shame that so many Americans especially in my generation have such a negative stereotype in their minds about American cars, whats even sadder is that they are so avid in their now mistaken and unfounded beliefs/stupidity.

The day it becomes un-chic to say that you are an American or be proud of "American" things etc is the day America dies and we become just like every other country out there, second rate!
    It is important for me to buy American - it always has been. I've been a GM guy forever, and prefer not handing my hard-earned cash over to folks who pedal the imported stuff.

BTW.. I like America very much (I've visited the US dozens of times over the years, and I have a lot of friends there), but I take issue with your comment, "... and we become just like every other country out there, second rate". That's quite a position you've expressed. Trust me, there are several 'first rate' countries out there. You may want to visit a few of them sometime.

RAB.
    London, ON

Im sorry you take issue with the comment my friend. Its simply personal opinion nothing more. As for visiting other countrys thats not an issue. I grew up outside the United States as my father worked for an oil company. I have only lived in the United States for 5 years of my life. Places where I lived include Ireland, UK, Tunisia, Russia and Spain. Part of what I am meaning to express is that unlike any country I have ever lived in or been to we Americans have a very different sense of pride in ourselves etc. Again I apologize if you are insulted but I stand by my comment.

RAB
    RAB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Im sorry you take issue with the comment my friend. Its simply personal opinion nothing more. As for visiting other countrys thats not an issue. I grew up outside the United States as my father worked for an oil company. I have only lived in the United States for 5 years of my life. Places where I lived include Ireland, UK, Tunisia, Russia and Spain. Part of what I am meaning to express is that unlike any country I have ever lived in or been to we Americans have a very different sense of pride in ourselves etc. Again I apologize if you are insulted but I stand by my comment.
    Interesting. If you stand by your original comment (such as it was), what's the point of apologizing? You've insulted millions of people, so why apologize to me??
    I've reviewed several of your posts in this forum, and I see quite a pattern of rudeness and arrogance toward others. It appears we can thank you for Southern's decision to no longer contribute to this forum. Great.
    Do us all a favor "my friend"... take a vacation.
    I will not post again in this thread.

Interesting. If you stand by your original comment (such as it was), what's the point of apologizing? You've insulted millions of people, so why apologize to me??
    I've reviewed several of your posts in this forum, and I see quite a pattern of rudeness and arrogance toward others. It appears we can thank you for Southern's decision to no longer contribute to this forum. Great.
    Do us all a favor "my friend"... take a vacation.
    I will not post again in this thread.
    Again sorry you feel that way and are so mistaken. However you wont get me to apologize for saying the United States is the best country in the world its that simple. I feel no need to insult you or anything else as you do me, speaks to your character not mine.

yatesd is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony

I just test drove everyone of these brands with AWD installed at an Audi sponsored race track event in August. We even took them on a little road rally by ourselves and had the chance to test their limits. Ironically, the only model omitted from the comparison was the CTS.

I came very close to buying the new 2009 Audi A4 until I realized I was getting more for my money with the CTS AWD.

1OFAKIND is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

UPDATE:

PHOTOS OF 2009 IS

1stCad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Please no more, I had enough! I thought I had joined a Cadillac forum.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

exciting as jello

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Are we now going to turn the entire forum into a series of political debates?

This is highly inappropriate.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

This is a tough one. I really like the new CTS but at the same time I have been seeing some of the new C class cars around and that is one hot looking car in black! Overall though I'd probably go with the 335i. That engine = pure sex

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.