CTS-V or Jaguar S TypeR - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, CTS-V or Jaguar S TypeR in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Jaguars are fantastic cars. The 4.2L AJV8 is a marvel of engineering, a masterpiece. Its reliable and powerful. Jaguars of ...
    BamaCaddy08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS, DI, FE3

Re: CTS-V or Jaguar S TypeR

Jaguars are fantastic cars. The 4.2L AJV8 is a marvel of engineering, a masterpiece. Its reliable and powerful. Jaguars of the late BL era are something that one would only buy because they are in love with the car. one would certainly not by one for economy or as a daily driver. I use to refurbish XJS's etc and can tell you that a Jag is a status symbol very different from a BMW or MB etc, Jags are for people who see a car not unlike they see a person In the words of Jaguars founder Sir Henry Lyons "The car is the closest thing we will ever create, to something that is alive". A Jag is for a person who is not concerned with money or anything else other than pure driving pleasure, that moment midturn where you feel like you are a part of the car not unlike the engine. When running properly and well maintained Jags offer a driving experience unlike anything that the Germans or Japanese can. While I am a big fan of Cadillac I would have to say that any vehicle with a S/C 4.2 is going to amaze you with its broad power band and word class smoothness. Just make sure you take extra good care of it. I love Jaguars!!

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

My short list was XJ-R, S type R and CTS-V.

The S type R was very nice, fast, pretty and handled exceptionally well. I thought the drivers postion was to cramped. I spoke with a local Jag tech, he said the top end springs oil leaks that drowns coils and a few other issues that he felt were a long term problem and to expect to shell out big for repairs once the warranty expires.

The XJ-R was very, very nice, fast, pretty but the description of a carnival ride comes to mind for handling "fast, loose and all over the place". What a pig. Since then I've driven the current XJ-R, WOW! Awesome car!

The V is a bit of a brute compared, unrefined, edgy, outstanding handling and it has a Corvette motor so I bought one.

I buy my cars slighty used, so the current XJ-R was $12,000 more than what I paid for my V so it really wasn't in the running at the time.

No regrets.

RealmCenter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

As a Jaguar technician and a DTS owner both, I feel compelled to chime in on this. Although I have never driven the CTS-V I am pretty sure that it does eek pask the S-Type R in straight line drag racing performance and would definitly have the "fun factor" of a manual transmission. However, the S-Type R is pure sexy, expecially finished in Jaguar racing green. As far as a head turner goes there is no doubt if you are into that, the S-Type R is the way to go and will get you more attention. The S-Type has now been replaced by the XF (to some people's dismay), which now makes the purchase price more approachable though. The material quality and fit and finish are absolutely top teir. The interior is as gorgeous as the exterior. As far as the cam cover gaskets leaking oil into the spark plug tubes as a prior post stated, that was the older AJ engine problem and we have not seen any do that on the 4.2 yet. There are so many trick things on the S-Type mechanically I could go on for pages, but the water to air twin intercooler setup is a thing of beauty just for starters, and the suspension is top notch as well. I love Cadillac and I love Jaguar, there is no denying they are both beautiful and respectable cars but as far as this comparison goes I have to give the S-Type R the 1st place award here.
    Just my opinion though, and you know what that say about those
    Darren

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.