Mercedez E55 vs V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Mercedez E55 vs V in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I had a 04 E55, and that sucker was fast. Never got into it with a CTS-V, but I don't ...
    Bluhair is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (???)/2009 GTR (Nov.)/96 SC400/07 Denali/05 E350

Re: Mercedez E55 vs V

I had a 04 E55, and that sucker was fast. Never got into it with a CTS-V, but I don't see the CTS having much of a chance stock for stock. I'm not going to get into tuning, because both can be tuned to an insane amount.

The 09 CTS-V, won't be touched by anything Benz has to offer, except for the SLR and the CLK DTM.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

No Maggie needed
    05 Mallett [M]/RPM CTS-V: 522WHP 487WTQ (DYNOmite) | 427 C5R Block | P&P LS7 Heads | Dry Sump Oil sys (12qt) | [M] Oi1 Cooler | Aeromotive 340 FP | LPE CAI | SW 1-3/4" Headars | RT Hi Flow Cats | B&B 3" Exhuast | ACT Twin Disk Clutch | UUC Shifter | RPM Trans Level-V Build | MN6 Geer Ratio Conv | Cryo Treated Diff | GM T2 Diff Cooler | [M] Anti Wheel Hop Kit | FG2 Shocks | SS Brake Limes | Slotted Cryo Rotars | [M] Modified Front Spindles | 275-35-19 PS2 F&R | [M] 19x9 Billet Whels F&R |

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

the other day on a fairly open road.. I saw a car coming slowly, then fast in my rearview, he noticed me and punched it. I knew it was mercedes by the grill but not e55 AMG- until he got past me. I caught back up momentarily due to car in distance in left lane. he slowed down, back up and blew past me again although I was pulling very hard. I have no mods but was still suprised. 1st car since I got the V to run with me at any high speed. they are fast.

Deuuuce is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    I've been looking for an E55 and E60 M5 to run for a while now. I bet I'd be damn close.

My car is deaed even with a stock SRT-10 Viper.

-Chris
    Hmm, explain how 412rwhp runs dead even with a stock SRT-10 Viper or does your signature need a big upgrade? If you're close to an E55/E60 M5, the Viper will walk you.

Deuuuce is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Bluhair View Post
    The 09 CTS-V, won't be touched by anything Benz has to offer, except for the SLR and the CLK DTM.
    I'll be very curious to see how that car performs. 4400lbs, 550hp and manually shifted (no DCT or AMT - dual clutch or automated manual trannys). On the road circuit, the weight and weight distribution will kill it.

I think the 1st gen. CTS-V is one of the best overall packages around. Even makes the new G8 seem questionable.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    the other day on a fairly open road.. I saw a car coming slowly, then fast in my rearview, he noticed me and punched it. I knew it was mercedes by the grill but not e55 AMG- until he got past me. I caught back up momentarily due to car in distance in left lane. he slowed down, back up and blew past me again although I was pulling very hard. I have no mods but was still suprised. 1st car since I got the V to run with me at any high speed. they are fast.

I know this thread's old, but the SAME thing happened to me. the E55 was the first car to pull on me since I got my V. Right on the New Jersey Parkway right out of a tollbooth. I couldn't believe it for a minute until he went by me and I saw it was an AMG. guy even waved as he was passing me. taste of my own medicine i guess haha.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.