2009 Jaguar XF vs. 2008 CADILLAC CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 2009 Jaguar XF vs. 2008 CADILLAC CTS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Winding Road , May 2008, pages 87-93. http://magazine.windingroad.com/windingroad/200805/?folio=87...
    928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

2009 Jaguar XF vs. 2008 CADILLAC CTS

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: 2009 Jaguar XF vs. 2008 CADILLAC CTS

Interesting comparo, and having Jag/Land Rover dealer just up the street, I have seen SO many different XF's being uloaded, sitting on the lot, out driving, etc. in the past week or so, it seems like a standout as well...but at least in styling, still can't touch the new CTS.

Regardless, great again when a Jag and Cadillac are compared and both spoken of highly.

lordbaby is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS DI FE3 PDQ Crystal Red/Ebony

will probably go with 2009 Jaguar XF

Hamadeh is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

XF looks nice, but is 15k more than CTS

Pyromaniac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

the Jag looks nice, but i like my CTS better right now...and i only paid $4,200 after tax & registration at 4.9% interest rate, so it's a no-brainer 4 me.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

It's a joy to read a compare like that and realize that you own such a highly
    regarded vehicle.

Brooks is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Since Ford just sold Jaguar and Land Rover to an Indian Company I'm not sure if their quality in the future will be the same.

MoFex is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Interesting review. I wouls say the comparison is fair. I am always trying to be objective though I have to admitt I do have a soft spot for Ferrari (my dream car) and Jaguar. But in this case CTS is a better car. The styling, performance, price....

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Since Ford just sold Jaguar and Land Rover to an Indian Company I'm not sure if their quality in the future will be the same.
    Yeah...meet Jaguar/LandRover's
    new stable mate:

the 4-seater 625cc Tata Nano,
    world's cheapest automobile,
    about $2500 USD.

jjsC6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I'm not sure what you are meaning. Do you think it might actually get worse than the infamous "Lucas - Prince of Darkness" days, or the "Fix Or Repair Daily" days???

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

This is a tough one for me. I like the styling of the exterior with the CTS and it's new DI V6. But after getting in one I felt cramped. I also and falling for the XF with every day that passes. I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me. After seeing the Top Gear video when they reviewed the XF that really made it an easy decision between the two of these cars to say which one has the "bling" aspect and that is where the XF shines. The only point I could come down to would be test driving both and hoping that one drove worse then the other so I could have a definitive answer. But I'd be happy with either one of them in driveway

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Top Gear almost always likes Jags, even the XJ diesel. I rely on TG for entertainment, not information.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Top Gear almost always likes Jags, even the XJ diesel. I rely on TG for entertainment, not information.
    I could careless if they liked the car or not. But they did show off it's "bling" when they were using it with the automatic fold away A/C vents, the shifter being a turn knob the pops up from under the dash, and then the Start Button beats red just like a heart. Cool stuff http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=263767

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

As much as I like the new CTS, I think I'd probably go with the XF though.....that car is just DEAD sexy....in a much different way than the CTS is. The CTS is all hard edged, muscular and masculine. The XF is lithe, feminine, sleek....dead sexy. But the CTS is a bargain when compared to the Jag. But I don't know how much I trust Jag's now that they're made by a Indian owned company.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Let me put a different spin on things, as a former Jaguar owner (XJ-S Coupe V12) I have a soft spot for the most exotic car I have ever owned. While I remember some of the horror stories of the problematic Lucas Electronics (actually a chemical issue of sulfur corroding the wires, now solved by FORD), my XJ-S never gave me a single day of trouble.

As a long time multiple Cadillac owner, I love both Brands and am completely heartbroken with the selling of Jaguar to TATA. I know that TATA bought the company only for LAND ROVER, and believe Jaguar will be treated like a step child.

Comparing the CTS and the XF doesn’t really make sense as the CTS is an entry level model and the XF is a Flagship model. This comparison tantamount to yet another of ongoing: “Apples and Oranges scenario.” As nice as the CTS is it doesn’t compare in terms of: Size, character, luxury, and power train refinement of the XF. The difference in the design materials and technology are better comparable to the STS V8, with MRC and performance adaptive transmission operation. Even though the STS is getting long in the tooth, performance wise it is a better competitor to the XF. Even with the DI V6, in terms of NVH the CTS fails short against the soon to be released; State of the Art XF.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.