Cadillac Owners Forum banner
10K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  AlBundy 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Interesting comparo, and having Jag/Land Rover dealer just up the street, I have seen SO many different XF's being uloaded, sitting on the lot, out driving, etc. in the past week or so, it seems like a standout as well...but at least in styling, still can't touch the new CTS.

Regardless, great again when a Jag and Cadillac are compared and both spoken of highly.

#8 ·
Interesting review. I wouls say the comparison is fair. I am always trying to be objective though I have to admitt I do have a soft spot for Ferrari (my dream car) and Jaguar. But in this case CTS is a better car. The styling, performance, price....

#11 ·
This is a tough one for me. I like the styling of the exterior with the CTS and it's new DI V6. But after getting in one I felt cramped. I also and falling for the XF with every day that passes. I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me. After seeing the Top Gear video when they reviewed the XF that really made it an easy decision between the two of these cars to say which one has the "bling" aspect and that is where the XF shines. The only point I could come down to would be test driving both and hoping that one drove worse then the other so I could have a definitive answer. But I'd be happy with either one of them in driveway

#14 ·
As much as I like the new CTS, I think I'd probably go with the XF though.....that car is just DEAD sexy....in a much different way than the CTS is. The CTS is all hard edged, muscular and masculine. The XF is lithe, feminine, sleek....dead sexy. But the CTS is a bargain when compared to the Jag. But I don't know how much I trust Jag's now that they're made by a Indian owned company.

#15 ·
Let me put a different spin on things, as a former Jaguar owner (XJ-S Coupe V12) I have a soft spot for the most exotic car I have ever owned. While I remember some of the horror stories of the problematic Lucas Electronics (actually a chemical issue of sulfur corroding the wires, now solved by FORD), my XJ-S never gave me a single day of trouble.

As a long time multiple Cadillac owner, I love both Brands and am completely heartbroken with the selling of Jaguar to TATA. I know that TATA bought the company only for LAND ROVER, and believe Jaguar will be treated like a step child.

Comparing the CTS and the XF doesn’t really make sense as the CTS is an entry level model and the XF is a Flagship model. This comparison tantamount to yet another of ongoing: “Apples and Oranges scenario.” As nice as the CTS is it doesn’t compare in terms of: Size, character, luxury, and power train refinement of the XF. The difference in the design materials and technology are better comparable to the STS V8, with MRC and performance adaptive transmission operation. Even though the STS is getting long in the tooth, performance wise it is a better competitor to the XF. Even with the DI V6, in terms of NVH the CTS fails short against the soon to be released; State of the Art XF.

#16 ·
The XF is the flagship? I thought it was taking the place of the S Type.

#20 ·
I am afraid thye designers of the luxury brands have entered into the land where gimickry for its' own sake rules! The new cars techno gadgets have come to a point where they are actually impeding the use of the device rather than enhancing or simplifying it use. Talk to a BMW 7 series owner for instance; the ones I know love the car, but hate the I-drive. A push button starter that throbs ....... oh boy is that cool ....not! I know that basically the cars, even the basic ones are pretty decent transportation ........ but defining luxury as how much ludicrous crap you can pile on the poor luxury car to justify its' high price tag has reached a point where even the techno-nuts should be satiated. I have been an owner of Jaguars for over 45 years and I'm afraid the new XF just doesn't come up to the standard of beauty and distinctiveness that made the mark so desirable.

Maybe the Indians can inject something here to make Jaguars as desirable as they once were!

#21 ·
I like both cars but CTS all the way . It's more attractive,eye catching besides that it's a very design on its own .

#22 ·
I stand corrected the XF is designed to replace the "S" type. As such it competes with the mid range Luxury offerings the: STS, the E Class, A6, and the BMW 5 Series. That the CTS compares so favorably, is a testament to Cadillac's raising the bar on the product development, and deserves Kudos.

#23 ·
I stand corrected the XF is designed to replace the "S" type. As such it competes with the mid range Luxury offerings the: STS, the E Class, A6, and the BMW 5 Series. That the CTS compares so favorably, is a testament to Cadillac's raising the bar on the product development, and deserves Kudos.
I couldn't agree with you more. The XF has more bells and whistles then the CTS but for the price gap between the two I'd hope so. With the CTS being Cadillac's entry level car but yet it compares quite well to the much more expensive XF. So that in itself is a testament as to how well Cadillac is doing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.