Lexus, Lexus and more Lexus... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Lexus, Lexus and more Lexus... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; That is different...... In which case, it is hard to compare, because if a dealer sucks and one dealer does ...
    elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    That is different...... In which case, it is hard to compare, because if a dealer sucks and one dealer does the job, they will seem like 2 different cars... Over the course of 10k the car may only have to go to the dealer once at a good dealer, but if the dealer isnt good it may show up multiple times.... And i would say, overall, the lexus dealers (and for that matter most foreign dealers) are going to be better than GM dealers.... Obviously they are going to be exceptions, but thats the way it seems overall...

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    If generally, the dealers can't fix the cars properly AND the cars break down more often - how is it different? It seems to me that the dealers generally don't do a good job - and the cars generally don't hold together... That's enough to make an impression on anybody...

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Like it or not, THAT's how the statistics are compiled. It goes by the number of service visits, period. If one marque manages to fix it right the FIRST time, they will definately get better scores. And they SHOULD because the customer doesn't care WHY it's going to the dealer, they just know that it's going and that's inconvenient. Whether it's for the same thing over and over, or several different things, it's STILL in the shop and NOT on the road.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    Drove a GX470 today, that is a damn sweet ride for an SUV

It seems really pitiful that you buy a 70k car from a dealer, and they dont fix it when it needs it!!!!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    That's probably because the computers are so complex today, even for Cadillac. BTW, which car company, do you think, has the best technology, most reliably computers, or the most complex computer technology? And I bet that will be the cars that don't get properly diagnosed and fixed the first trip to the dealer.

BMW probably has the most complex computer systems, but cadillac is not far behind.... We have discussed this at other times, and have found cadillac computers to be pretty reliable, not too many failures..... But I dont know who actually has the most reliable computers, most likely the Japs since most of our computers come from there anyway!!!!

STSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    You guys are right about the "let the other guy take the bath" comment. 3 months ago I bought a 2001 STS, fully loaded (minus navigation, but every other option) with 13K miles for just under $30K. To be honest, I was looking for a Lexus, Mercedes, or BMW. But I saw this beauty on the lot, saw the mileage and price, HAD to drive it. WOW, what a car...and better yet, what a great deal. There's still 2 years of warrantee on the car! And in looking ahead, it seems it'll cost me about $2,500 / year to drive the car if I sell it around when the warrantee runs out. How can you beat that?

dave383 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Lexus, Lexus and more Lexus...

i don't know why so many of you guys believe that lexus is such a reliable car, a lexus is basically a toyota that costs 5 to 10 thousand dollars more. and toyotas are so unreliable and expensive to fix its not even funny. 1st example a friend of mine who loves toycrapos bought a fairly used 99 solara with 30,000 miles on it, it was always service at the dealer, and guess what at 60,000 miles the great japanese v6 engine blow a rod and destoyed the whole engine, great car huh, 2nd example another toycrapo lover bought a used 1996 camry with low miles guess what 2 months later the head gasket is gone and a new engine is needed again, great car huh.

the only thing that toycrapo and crapxus has for it is stupid comsumers and stupid magazine that praise japanese cars like they can do no wrong.
    so f toyota, f lexus and lets keep back to a cadillac discussion, and lets put the lexus discussions back to the ricer forums, and one more thing go Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by dave383
    i don't know why so many of you guys believe that lexus is such a reliable car
    Because year after year JD Power rates Lexus number one in reliability, and not usually by a small margin. Check out some Lexus forums, there are very few posts concerning technical problems. And the posts that are there usually go something like "wtf, my water pump broke and I only have 200k miles on it". Cadillac has imo better looking cars and definitely more "soul" but for now they are behind in the reliability department

dave383 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

how do they know the reliablity of a car if its 1,2 or 3 years old , lets see if a fancy toyota can stand the test of time like most caddy's do.

i can't stand these lexus lovers on a CADILLAC FORUM, GET IT CADILLAC FORUM, NOT POS LEXUS FORUM. GET IT!!!

And I managed to squirm my way into being a moderator too....you need to relax.

You bring up an excellent point....... Thats why you need to by NISSAN or INFINITI......

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

The Facts:

Lexus is the "#1 Nameplate in Long-Term Dependability (VDI) (JD Power and Associates) (2003 was the 9th year in as many years of eligibility)"

This study measures problems reported over 3 years and this year is a measure of performance of 2000 model year vehicles.

Cadillac still isn't doing bad though:

"Cadillac scored a 7th place finish with 209 problems per 100 vehicles.

Scoring better than Cadillac are:

Lexus (163)
    Infiniti (174)
    Buick (179)
    Porsche (193)
    Acura (196)
    Toyota (201)

Notable brands scoring worse than Cadillac are:

Lincoln (212)
    Honda (218)
    Jaguar (247)
    Saab (255)
    BMW (262)
    Mercedes (318)
    Volvo (330)
    Land Rover (441)

Industry average is 273.
    "

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    Well yes, just like the movie F&F made Toyota Supra values skyrocket, popularity or demand certainly has a way of raising value for anything including cars. I guarentee that if someone used my type of Caddy in a movie, same color and external physical appearance, my car's value would escalate. The movie "Vanishing Point" made white Hemi Challengers quite collectable from what I understand. So popularity, image, reputation and quality play important roles for value of cars.
    Thank the gods that my CTS is in the Matrix then(but is it worth more with the bulletholes?). I heard it also appears in the new Bad Boys movie...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.