Modded V vs Modded cobra
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Modded V vs Modded cobra in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey guys, How do you think my car with the mods listed below would do against an 03 cobra with ...
    A1beshouri is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Modded V vs Modded cobra

Hey guys, How do you think my car with the mods listed below would do against an 03 cobra with a smaller 2.8 inch pulley, exhaust, and chip? I know hes running more boost than stock with that pulley but how do u think Ill do? The race will probably be off a role because he has shitty tires and just spins off a dig

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

odla is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Re: Modded V vs Modded cobra

you should take him

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

More like you would destroy him.

My stock V pulled on a stock '03 Cobra from 80 to 155 about 3 lengths. Poor guy didn't know what a V was...

A1beshouri is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

true but his pulley gives him quite a bit of extra boost, probably 16ish psi

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

The Cobra would win and I got a good laugh outta a stock V putting 3 lengths on a Cobra. I dunno what kinda dream world you V owners live in but here's a bone stock 2003 Cobra on the dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Goodp43YA a guy on another car forum I am at has a 2003 Cobra with only CAI, a Magnaflow #15644 Cat-back and a Magnaflow #93335 X-Pipe and he dyno'd at 414.8 SAE RWHP & 384.3 SAE RWTQ. So doing a pulley swap and a tune on top of it he should be in the low to mid 500 hp range(depending on how good the tune is). I mean at the end of the day it comes down to the driver so he could be a really crappy driver for all we know. But I have a question for you. You seem to have performance as a top priority for your V so why did you decide to put 20" rims on there? Talk about a bad idea for performance applications

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    The Cobra would win and I got a good laugh outta a stock V putting 3 lengths on a Cobra. I dunno what kinda dream world you V owners live in but here's a bone stock 2003 Cobra on the dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Goodp43YA
    Obviously not in the world some kid who got his father's hand me downs and thinks he knows everything his father does in half the time. You don't.

I was driving down Rte 3 in Lowell, MA doing about 80mph. Coming off of I-495N was an '03 Cobra. He literally pulled up right next to me as he merged on to Rte 3. He started to accelerate to pull away and I matched him. Then he got off the gas and was looking over. We each goosed the throttle about 3 times and on the last try, we matched and went. Each of our shifts were quick. And by the time he hit his limiter, I was 3 lengths ahead.

We then STOPPED at the next exit and talked. He lives in my town. He was bone stock as was I. There is no guess work here. You can post whatever dyno you want to about whatever Cobra you can find. THIS Cobra could not keep up. You can insult us V owners and our world, but you're wrong. And if you're going to insinuate that we're lying or are stupid, you're going to get called out on it.

Now, you can either be a punk kid or respectfully disagree on these things. Make your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Obviously not in the world some kid who got his father's hand me downs and thinks he knows everything his father does in half the time. You don't.

I was driving down Rte 3 in Lowell, MA doing about 80mph. Coming off of I-495N was an '03 Cobra. He literally pulled up right next to me as he merged on to Rte 3. He started to accelerate to pull away and I matched him. Then he got off the gas and was looking over. We each goosed the throttle about 3 times and on the last try, we matched and went. Each of our shifts were quick. And by the time he hit his limiter, I was 3 lengths ahead.

We then STOPPED at the next exit and talked. He lives in my town. He was bone stock as was I. There is no guess work here. You can post whatever dyno you want to about whatever Cobra you can find. THIS Cobra could not keep up. You can insult us V owners and our world, but you're wrong. And if you're going to insinuate that we're lying or are stupid, you're going to get called out on it.

Now, you can either be a punk kid or respectfully disagree on these things. Make your choice.
    wtf is your issue man? It seems that every time I post anything on here anymore your there to start something with me. The guy was most likely a so-so driver. The V with an LS2 has 10 more hp then a Cobra in stock trim but has 5 less tq and on top of it the V weighs damn near 200+ more lbs and thats in stock trim, god only know how much more those 20" wheels weigh over the stock rims.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

why is it everytime you post its always bash GM and pro Ford...
    if this was a Ford board and i came on saying my Cobra just slaughtered a V youd have no issue agreeing...

im neutral btw you two but i am bias toward the V...

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSTS2003 View Post
    why is it everytime you post its always bash GM and pro Ford...
    if this was a Ford board and i came on saying my Cobra just slaughtered a V youd have no issue agreeing...

im neutral btw you two but i am bias toward the V...
    Well then why the hell does anybody bother posting any damn thing about anything other then Cadillac? This is the Cadillac versus section, believe it or not a Cadillac can be beaten in a race, I know this is some sorta weird concept for a lot of members on here to believe but yes it is true. The CTS-V is a great car but the Cobra is on a different level that are geared towards two totally different crowds. I doubt many people were cross shopping a luxury performance sedan or a bare bones performance coupe. lol the logic on this board just amazes me at times. zomg, how dare you say anything can beat a Cadillac! Your so anti-GM

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

wtf is your issue man? It seems that every time I post anything on here anymore your there to start something with me. The guy was most likely a so-so driver. The V with an LS2 has 10 more hp then a Cobra in stock trim but has 5 less tq and on top of it the V weighs damn near 200+ more lbs and thats in stock trim, god only know how much more those 20" wheels weigh over the stock rims.

Dude, there's a whole lot more to acceleration than being a dyno queen. Just the gear ratios alone are more than enough to make up the weight difference between the two- check this out:

03 Cobra:

1st-2.66
    2nd-1.78
    3rd-1.30
    4th-1.00
    5th-0.80
    6th-0.63
    Final Drive

CTS-V:

1st-2.97:1
    2nd-2.07:1
    3rd-1.43:1
    4th-1.00:1
    5th-0.84:1
    6th-0.56:1
    Final Drive

Cars with huge dyno numbers get beat in the real world all the time. Gear ratios and unsprung weight alone can make a car with less peak horsepower and torque faster any day of the week.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Well then why the hell does anybody bother posting any damn thing about anything other then Cadillac? This is the Cadillac versus section, believe it or not a Cadillac can be beaten in a race, I know this is some sorta weird concept for a lot of members on here to believe but yes it is true. The CTS-V is a great car but the Cobra is on a different level that are geared towards two totally different crowds. I doubt many people were cross shopping a luxury performance sedan or a bare bones performance coupe. lol the logic on this board just amazes me at times. zomg, how dare you say anything can beat a Cadillac! Your so anti-GM
    treason
    blasphemy

your wound way too tight man

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

More fun proof for you: C&D's test of a 2008 GT500.

500 hp (that's 100 more than a V) AND the same weight as a V- should kill it with no problem, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Car and Driver
    What surprised us, however, was the GT500’s loss in the acceleration runs. Its 100-hp advantage should have been enough to leave the Vette in a cloud of rubber dust. The GT500 also has a useful launch-control system that’s part of the standard traction control. To get a nearly perfect hole shot, all you have to do is rev the engine to 3200 rpm, dump the clutch, and floor it. The system automatically modulates engine power to make the driver look like Kenny Bernstein. With it, we hit 60 mph in 4.6 seconds.

Under full human control, we shaved 0.1 second from the 60-mph sprint, lowering it to 4.5 seconds. The quarter-mile required only 12.9 seconds at 112 mph, 150 mph came in 30.3 seconds, and an electronic tether limited top speed to 155 mph.
    So much for the dyno queen. A Mustang with 100 more hp can only beat a CTS-V by .1 0-60 and .2 in the 1/4, and you think a Cobra with 10 less horsepower and only 5 more ft/lbs of torque couldn't get 3 lengths put on it by a V?
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Dude, there's a whole lot more to acceleration than being a dyno queen. Just the gear ratios alone are more than enough to make up the weight difference between the two- check this out:

03 Cobra:

1st-2.66
    2nd-1.78
    3rd-1.30
    4th-1.00
    5th-0.80
    6th-0.63
    Final Drive

CTS-V:

1st-2.97:1
    2nd-2.07:1
    3rd-1.43:1
    4th-1.00:1
    5th-0.84:1
    6th-0.56:1
    Final Drive

Cars with huge dyno numbers get beat in the real world all the time. Gear ratios and unsprung weight alone can make a car with less peak horsepower and torque faster any day of the week.
    Ok so lets call it a drivers race then mmmkay? lets wait and see what the result is

ahh
    so we took our chill pill
    all is good in a clean debate

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    More fun proof for you: C&D's test of a 2008 GT500.

500 hp (that's 100 more than a V) AND the same weight as a V- should kill it with no problem, right?

So much for the dyno queen. A Mustang with 100 more hp can only beat a CTS-V by .1 0-60 and .2 in the 1/4, and you think a Cobra with 10 less horsepower and only 5 more ft/lbs of torque couldn't get 3 lengths put on it by a V?
    You're comparing a totally different car here, different engine, different power train, different every damn thing. As for magazine racing who cares C&D is a joke at best. Bone stock Terminators have gone into the high 12's bone stock, toss an extra 100 hp into the Terminator versus a stock CTS-V and it would be a massacre. Hell here's a stock CTS-V vs a 2003 Cobra with just some juice and it's running away from the V http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBRxIMY_7Ts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.