Modded V vs Modded cobra - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Modded V vs Modded cobra in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Blackout That's weird. I guess he might have gotten a custom paint job done because this guys ...
    RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

Re: Modded V vs Modded cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    That's weird. I guess he might have gotten a custom paint job done because this guys was a dark metallic blue color and it was sweet looking.
    edon't argue 5.4LSC trucks with me ... i lived breathed and ate Lightning/Harley trucks for 3 years

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by RunningOnEMT View Post
    edon't argue 5.4LSC trucks with me ... i lived breathed and ate Lightning/Harley trucks for 3 years
    I loved the 1st gen Harley Edition so damn much! I'd still love to get a hold of one of them but they're kinda hard to find around this area. But whats your opinion on the other HD editions? And now that I know, I won't argue with you about them oh holy one lol

NOT ON MY WATCH is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): GM bought back my lemon 2008 CTS

I can't tell, can you remove your mouth from them so I can see?
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't eat popcorn shrimp.

Quote Originally Posted by NOT ON MY WATCH View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't eat popcorn shrimp.
    Judges......

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

What kind of SHO did you have?
    You don't remember some early arguments we had with a few members here on the awesomeness of the SHO? Anyway, to refresh your memory, I had a silver on black '92. Bought in December of '93, sold in November of '03. Had every possible suspension mod, including Konis, Eibachs, front and rear STB, subframe connectors, 19mm front bar w/ 26mm rear bar, H brace for the IRS, delrin subframe and swaybar bushings and I went through wheels every couple years. But I did have Motoring Exponents 16X7.5" wheels and BF Goodrich R1s for the track and autocross. Add TCE Wilwood 13" SHOstoppers. As for power, I was pretty basic with custom catback, Y pipe w/out cats, SHOShop chip, CAI and ProM 75mm MAF. Then I got serious with a 3.2 block and Powerdyne SC.

Then I sold it. And got the V. Loved the SHO. Love the V. And the V is easier to live with relatively unmodded...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You don't remember some early arguments we had with a few members here on the awesomeness of the SHO? Anyway, to refresh your memory, I had a silver on black '92. Bought in December of '93, sold in November of '03. Had every possible suspension mod, including Konis, Eibachs, front and rear STB, subframe connectors, 19mm front bar w/ 26mm rear bar, H brace for the IRS, delrin subframe and swaybar bushings and I went through wheels every couple years. But I did have Motoring Exponents 16X7.5" wheels and BF Goodrich R1s for the track and autocross. Add TCE Wilwood 13" SHOstoppers. As for power, I was pretty basic with custom catback, Y pipe w/out cats, SHOShop chip, CAI and ProM 75mm MAF. Then I got serious with a 3.2 block and Powerdyne SC.

Then I sold it. And got the V. Loved the SHO. Love the V. And the V is easier to live with relatively unmodded...
    I remember the arguments but for the life of me I couldn't remember as to what kind you had. I was thinking it was a 2nd gen but i wasn't 100% sure. But 1992 was the last real year for the SHO imo just due to the fact that it was the last year of it coming in a manual only. But I miss my SHO so much, I just wish I had more money at the time to keep up with the repairs on it. But I would have loved to have done a 3.2 engine swap. But there was nothing like hearing those secondaries opening up at WOT and then looking over as you go flying by the guy your racing and him wondering, "A friggin Taurus!?" lol

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I remember the arguments but for the life of me I couldn't remember as to what kind you had. I was thinking it was a 2nd gen but i wasn't 100% sure. But 1992 was the last real year for the SHO imo just due to the fact that it was the last year of it coming in a manual only. But I miss my SHO so much, I just wish I had more money at the time to keep up with the repairs on it. But I would have loved to have done a 3.2 engine swap. But there was nothing like hearing those secondaries opening up at WOT and then looking over as you go flying by the guy your racing and him wondering, "A friggin Taurus!?" lol

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Sort of like the "A friggin' Cadillac!?" look that I got from a C5 driver the other day.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSTS2003 View Post
    i predict this thread getting very soon
    S T O P modding

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RunningOnEMT View Post
    hot f'in damn, you're no fun to argue with anymore, your balls are all mushy....

put up a fight
    no fighting

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Sort of like the "A friggin' Cadillac!?" look that I got from a C5 driver the other day.
    i know what you mean. But you have a CTS-V, imagine the looks of horror when a 1995 Fleetwood Brougham dusts them. Now thats a look I love getting! lol

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    When did everybody on the Internet become crybabies? You could call me a bald, fat, pimply, homo ass bandit and I couldn't care less. What annoys me is the assumed superiority and ignoring of legitimate counterpoints.

Any thoughts on the unsprung weight and gear ratios vs. peak hp idea?
    bald, fat, pimply, homo ass bandit

Destroyer is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '67 Cutlass,'92 Z28, '12 Crosstour, '12 Cube,00 GMC 4500

That's my biggest issue with the V's is that diff. I'd be kinda pissed dumping $40k+ for a luxury performance car but be in fear of racing it because the diff might blow up. But in the race what speed did you guys go from and what did you guys race up too?
    I've seen the differential blow up first hand out in Brandenton on a CTS V. For the life of me I cant remember what kind of CTS V it was but it was a tuner much like Saleen that does up the CTS V. This think had like 600hp and everyone was anxiously waiting to see this car go including me. He blew out the rear right at the start, sucked.

Anyway Blackout. My buddy has a supercharged '04 Mach 1 that runs mid 11's. He belongs to local SVT clubs and I used to tag along with him when they had events at the 1/4 mile tracks and so forth before I myself had a Cobra ('99 w/'04 Mach motor). I'll tell ya its a real hit or miss with the '03-'04 Cobras. Some run great some run terrible. I've been in my friends Mach many times (before he had the Vortech) and he would beat Cobra's. Not ALL Cobras but quite a few. I know he beat 'em cause they were his friends and fellow club members. My friend knows how to drive and the others all know it but he was getting better trap speeds in many cases vs supercharged Cobras!. He left them scratching their heads. He had pulleys and all the basic bolt ons plus exhaust but they had bolt ons too. Anway its very concievable to me that a CTS V with a good driver can beat a stock '03 -'04 Cobra.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

i know what you mean. But you have a CTS-V, imagine the looks of horror when a 1995 Fleetwood Brougham dusts them. Now thats a look I love getting! lol
    That would be pretty damn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    bald, fat, pimply, homo ass bandit
    Thank you. At least someone took the opportunity.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.