Modded V vs Modded cobra - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Modded V vs Modded cobra in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Blackout personal insults thrown at me by jim where? all i see is him calling you "silly" ...
    urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: Modded V vs Modded cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    personal insults thrown at me by jim
    where?
    all i see is him calling you "silly" which your arguing is. how is that a personal insult. thicken your skin.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

What do you expect? Try going on Viperchat and posting up that your C6 is faster than a Viper and watch what happens. Wear a Carolina jersey to a Bucs game and see what happens.

This forum might be set up to talk versus, but a) Cadillac is home team here, and b) your attitude sucks, you're cantankerous and thumping your own chest about what a great driver you are. Get off the Internet and go get a job as a pro race driver if you're that good, and don't stick your head in the hornet's nest if you're not ready to get stung. I've pointed out how gear ratios and unsprung weight make just as much difference as peak hp, and you're still complaining about how people are treating you. If you're going to throw out statements like you have, be prepared to refute what we have to say or you end up looking like a joke.

Maybe you'd get better results if all your posts were on topic and not so snide and condescending toward the people debating you.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    where?
    all i see is him calling you "silly" which your arguing is. how is that a personal insult. thicken your skin.
    thicken my skin? lol didn't you ban me for 2 days because of a smiley? Believe me when it comes to forums this is by far the most tame of forums I am on. A lot of the people wouldn't last a day on some of the forums I am on lol. But this was what pissed me off about jim

Obviously not in the world some kid who got his father's hand me downs and thinks he knows everything his father does in half the time. You don't.
    were talking about a modded CTS-V vs. a modded Cobra. i put in my .02 and then he comes back with that.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

When did everybody on the Internet become crybabies? You could call me a bald, fat, pimply, homo ass bandit and I couldn't care less. What annoys me is the assumed superiority and ignoring of legitimate counterpoints.

Any thoughts on the unsprung weight and gear ratios vs. peak hp idea?
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    What do you expect? Try going on Viperchat and posting up that your C6 is faster than a Viper and watch what happens. Wear a Carolina jersey to a Bucs game and see what happens.
    If thats the case then we should just shut down this section of the forum. This is a section to talk about how a Cadillac will do against another car. Like i said before the Cadillac will not always win. I've said lets wait an see what the outcome is from the OP but since we haven't heard back from him I guess he hasn't done the race yet. So everything to this point is speculation. I even said that we should just call it a drivers race but even that wasn't good enough. I'm sure if I said from my first post that the CTS-V would put bus lengths on the Cobra this thread would still be on page 1 not page 4. I've tried defending my position as well as you guys have tried defending yours.

This forum might be set up to talk versus, but a) Cadillac is home team here,
    I know that, but at the same time there are vehicles that will hand a Cadillac it's butt on a silver platter. Whenever I bring up this fact I get flamed. I'm a lover of all cars, I could careless who makes it, I'm on top of current cars and what they have to offer and what they can do more so then most but not all. Hell Katshot e-mails me every once in awhile asking me for info about cars because he doesn't know and vice versa. He knows A LOT more on the technical side of cars then I could ever know, while I know more about cars in other areas.
    and b) your attitude sucks, you're cantankerous and thumping your own chest about what a great driver you are.
    Well in the words of jim, "these are real world results". Is it my fault that I've gotten better times then the magazines have? No. I would hope and pray that you would know that owners of cars get better times then magazine drivers get. Are you going to argue that having more seat time is beneficial for getting better times then someone from a magazine that tests a car for a couple of hours?
    I've pointed out how gear ratios and unsprung weight make just as much difference as peak hp, and you're still complaining about how people are treating you. If you're going to throw out statements like you have, be prepared to refute what we have to say or you end up looking like a joke.
    I have been refute but all I get in return is comments like yours about website calculators.

Maybe you'd get better results if all your posts were on topic and not so snide and condescending toward the people debating you.
    ok then

RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

When did everybody on the Internet become crybabies? You could call me a bald, fat, pimply, homo ass bandit and I couldn't care less. What annoys me is the assumed superiority and ignoring of legitimate counterpoints.

i called you two of those less than an hour ago....

A1beshouri is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

dam my thread blew up on me, but anyway we had a race and I pulled on him steadily from a 60 roll. Third gear we were relatively even then I hit fourth and it was over. And someone mentioned the tune on his car...the car has a superchip so its a very mediocre tune.

gear ratios play a part in a lot of things. Every test I have read so far with the Cobra and the CTS-V shows that the Cobra is faster in every acceleration test. The CTS-V has a 3.73 rear while the Cobra has a 3.55 so with that being said why is the CTS-V slower? You brought up unsprung weight, well who knows. I have no idea as to how much a CTS-V rims weigh vs a Cobra's rims. If you know then that would be a nice little tidbit of info that I'd like to know. A C6 Vette has the same LS2 in it as a CTS-V and the Vette weighs less then the CTS-V but stock for stock a Cobra and C6 Vette would be a drivers race.

If thats the case then we should just shut down this section of the forum. This is a section to talk about how a Cadillac will do against another car. Like i said before the Cadillac will not always win. I've said lets wait an see what the outcome is from the OP but since we haven't heard back from him I guess he hasn't done the race yet. So everything to this point is speculation. I even said that we should just call it a drivers race but even that wasn't good enough. I'm sure if I said from my first post that the CTS-V would put bus lengths on the Cobra this thread would still be on page 1 not page 4. I've tried defending my position as well as you guys have tried defending yours.

I know that, but at the same time there are vehicles that will hand a Cadillac it's butt on a silver platter. Whenever I bring up this fact I get flamed. I'm a lover of all cars, I could careless who makes it, I'm on top of current cars and what they have to offer and what they can do more so then most but not all. Hell Katshot e-mails me every once in awhile asking me for info about cars because he doesn't know and vice versa. He knows A LOT more on the technical side of cars then I could ever know, while I know more about cars in other areas.
    Well in the words of jim, "these are real world results". Is it my fault that I've gotten better times then the magazines have? No. I would hope and pray that you would know that owners of cars get better times then magazine drivers get. Are you going to argue that having more seat time is beneficial for getting better times then someone from a magazine that tests a car for a couple of hours?
    I have been refute but all I get in return is comments like yours about website calculators.

ok then
    I owned a mustang, a blown 4.6 in fact... i know what its like.

Honestly the LS6 has a higher power band ... it is completely possible that even a modded cobra would have trouble top end with a V...

You're right until about 105 in 4th it would be a drivers race...but after that its advantage V, the eaton blower on the cobra turns into a giant heat cannon after about 14 psi of boost. The cobra plain falls on its face after about 95mph in an extended run especially if you're on the road and you're already at temp.

Also tony brings up a good point with the unsprung weight thing. Surprisingly the V wheels are pretty F'ing light, the cobra wheels are boat anchors, especially some of the monster fatty rear wheels they like putting on the terminators, you know the ones i'm talking about the ones where yo uahve to shave the IRS bolts to fit.

The SN95 mustangs are fatties what 3680 wet? the CTS V is waht 3800 +- 25?

with the heat beingpumped into the motor by the top end of that 60-155 race and the extra grunt to turn the blower thats on the verge of seizing, and the monster heavy wheels. The cobra loses its edge.

Sure at the drag strip the terminators will absolutely wipe the floor with the V but on a road course or doing the "ricer run" on the highway the V has the upper hand. Technically and aesthetically.

and what tony

Quote Originally Posted by A1beshouri View Post
    dam my thread blew up on me, but anyway we had a race and I pulled on him steadily from a 60 roll. Third gear we were relatively even then I hit fourth and it was over. And someone mentioned the tune on his car...the car has a superchip so its a very mediocre tune.
    eek about the Superchip. He should bring it over to a dyno and get it dyno tuned. But good kill man. Have you brought your car to the strip yet? If so what kinda 1/4 did you run?

yea had it had a proper tune the race may have been different, no honestly ive never brought it to the strip out of fear that my diff will go boom on me like so many other Vs...somehow ive managed to keep mine from leaking or breaking so far and i really dont want to jinx that

Quote Originally Posted by A1beshouri View Post
    yea had it had a proper tune the race may have been different, no honestly ive never brought it to the strip out of fear that my diff will go boom on me like so many other Vs...somehow ive managed to keep mine from leaking or breaking so far and i really dont want to jinx that
    That's my biggest issue with the V's is that diff. I'd be kinda pissed dumping $40k+ for a luxury performance car but be in fear of racing it because the diff might blow up. But in the race what speed did you guys go from and what did you guys race up too?

That's my biggest issue with the V's is that diff. I'd be kinda pissed dumping $40k+ for a luxury performance car but be in fear of DRAGracing it because the diff might blow up. But in the race what speed did you guys go from and what did you guys race up too?
    its not a drag racer.... the diffs let loose when you dump the clutch at high engine RPM, i really ahvnt heard of a V letting loose on the road course

just a pet peeve of mine, its a heavy 4dr sedan, doesnt really belong on a drag strip without realizing youre GOING TO HURT THE DAMNED REAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my biggest issue with the V's is that diff. I'd be kinda pissed dumping $40k+ for a luxury performance car but be in fear of racing it because the diff might blow up. But in the race what speed did you guys go from and what did you guys race up too?
    we went from 60 to about 135

and yea ur right its not a drag racer but at the same time the diff is so shitty people who dont even drive it hard are on their 3rd or 4th

Quote Originally Posted by RunningOnEMT View Post
    its not a drag racer.... the diffs let loose when you dump the clutch at high engine RPM, i really ahvnt heard of a V letting loose on the road course

just a pet peeve of mine, its a heavy 4dr sedan, doesnt really belong on a drag strip without realizing youre GOING TO HURT THE DAMNED REAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    do us older Cadillac guys have to show you newer Cadillac guys how's it done? lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.