Modded V vs Modded cobra - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Modded V vs Modded cobra in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by CadillacSTS2003 treason blasphemy your wound way too tight man It's probably because I am stressing up here ...
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: Modded V vs Modded cobra

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSTS2003 View Post
    treason
    blasphemy

your wound way too tight man
    It's probably because I am stressing up here at school. I have so much shit going on it's not even funny

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

You want an inflammatory Cobra story. I jumped a Cobra off the line at the stop light grad prix so far with my V8 AWD STS that he gave up and backed off. I did the same thing to some kid with an FJ1200 Yamaha. His jaw dropped so far he almost wrecked. If all you had to do to win was run around waving dyno numbers in the air there wouldn't be a NASCAR or SCCA. Hire them when they're young and still know everything.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    As for magazine racing who cares C&D is a joke at best.
    How? They have more qualified drivers than anyone and they make sure their numbers are correct. They're anal to a fault. But because their numbers might not support your dreams, you just throw out dribble. Guys like Webster, Csere and Bedard have decades of racing experience. More time behind the wheel of a race car than you could ever muster hacking at Gran Turismo on the PlayStation...

Ok so lets call it a drivers race then mmmkay? lets wait and see what the result is
    I gave you a real world race. Maybe the guy I went up against isn't the best driver. But I heard his shifts and they were comparable to mine. Stock on stock. V won. Maybe I have a factory freak. Maybe he had a turd.

Well then why the hell does anybody bother posting any damn thing about anything other then Cadillac? This is the Cadillac versus section, believe it or not a Cadillac can be beaten in a race, I know this is some sorta weird concept for a lot of members on here to believe but yes it is true. The CTS-V is a great car but the Cobra is on a different level that are geared towards two totally different crowds. I doubt many people were cross shopping a luxury performance sedan or a bare bones performance coupe. lol the logic on this board just amazes me at times. zomg, how dare you say anything can beat a Cadillac! Your so anti-GM
    Yet, no one stopped me objecting that I was driving a sedan when I autocrossed with the Cobra group. None of them were upset or embarassed when my time bested some of theirs.

No one here thinks the V is the end all be all of performance. But it's fun to compare, even if it's apples to oranges. I'm sorry if you're offended by it...

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

You're comparing a totally different car here, different engine, different power train, different every damn thing. As for magazine racing who cares C&D is a joke at best. Bone stock Terminators have gone into the high 12's bone stock, toss an extra 100 hp into the Terminator versus a stock CTS-V and it would be a massacre.
    My point exactly- dyno numbers mean jack. And of course a sprayed Cobra runs away from a V. I could put low compression pistons and a 200 shot on a Miata and run away from just about anything from a roll.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    How? They have more qualified drivers than anyone and they make sure their numbers are correct. They're anal to a fault.
    http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/11...-low-money.htm
    They caught so much flack from it that you can't even find it on their website anymore. lol a shoot out called cheap speed and the fastest car placed 3rd out of 5 and the slowest most expensive car in the bunch places 1st lol.We have been making fun of the RSX ever since then proclaiming it the car with the fastest interior. But if their drivers are so qualified then how did they only manage to get a 15.6 out of a Spec V and I got a 15.196? I guess I should be a test driver! But seriously C&D blows the big one

Ak Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

I have an 05 V with Corsa and UUC flywheel and shifter. The only run in I have really had was with an 03 Cobra. I was going on a two lane road that leads to a 4 lane diveded limited access road. The guys in the Cobra did a u turn and followed me out on the 4 lane. We did 3 runs starting a various speeds. Below about 95mph the Cobra was slightly faster (my front bumper even with his back). From 95-105 it was equall. Above 105 the V was faster and the faster we went the more I pulled on him. Others have talked about the "magic" of our 4th gear and that is is exactely what I saw. We pulled over and talked for couple of minutes the 2 kids in the Cobra could not believe the top end on the V. The funny thing is, the passenger in the Cobra I had talked to about a week earlier in the auto hobby shop. I had taken the V in to change the oil after our trip up the ALCAN. He also had an 03 Cobra and took some pics of my car.

Ak Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

PS. my wife was with me and I used up a shit load of husband brownie points, but it was totally worth it .

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/11...-low-money.htm
    They caught so much flack from it that you can't even find it on their website anymore. lol a shoot out called cheap speed and the fastest car placed 3rd out of 5 and the slowest most expensive car in the bunch places 1st lol.We have been making fun of the RSX ever since then proclaiming it the car with the fastest interior. But if their drivers are so qualified then how did they only manage to get a 15.6 out of a Spec V and I got a 15.196? I guess I should be a test driver! But seriously C&D blows the big one
    You're the one trumping how these Cobras can put up incredible numbers. But if you're going to tell me there is no such thing as factory freaks or turds and that all cars are alike, then you really are clueless. Did you get that 15.196 in the same Spec V? Did you get it at the same track? On the same day? Did it have as few miles and was as green? .4 sec in the 1/4 is EASILY accountable in the variables.

You are an internet bench racer. I give real results. Again, you look silly.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

But Jim, if the 1/4 mile calculator on mycaristotallyfasterthanyoursnewb.com says it, it must be true!
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You're the one trumping how these Cobras can put up incredible numbers. But if you're going to tell me there is no such thing as factory freaks or turds and that all cars are alike, then you really are clueless. Did you get that 15.196 in the same Spec V? Did you get it at the same track? On the same day? Did it have as few miles and was as green? .4 sec in the 1/4 is EASILY accountable in the variables.

You are an internet bench racer. I give real results. Again, you look silly.
    So because you post a story that means that it is fact and that it's a "real" result? I beat a 2003 Cobra in Katshot's Aviator at Atco Raceway, so I guess that's a "real" result. Nevermind the fact that the car blew his tranny but a win is a win right? As for my Spec V I did all the runs at Atco Raceway as well. I used to go there every tuesday and thursday night damn near with my friends and we would run our cars all night long. My car was bone stock down to the paper air filter and I ran anywhere from 15.7-15.1. The biggest pain in the butt was getting the launch right. Rev it too much and the car was hopping all over the place, launch it too low and it bogged. It could have gone 14.9-15.0 but the gearing was just a tad too short. Just as you were getting to the 1/4 mile mark you would have to shift into 4th and that ruined it. If 3rd gear was a tad bit taller that would have made a big difference. Hell according to the magazines Mark VIII's are good for 15.4 or so in the 1/4 but I ran a 14.921 with a slipping tranny and a bad MLPS sensor. Magazine times give you a ballpark figure as to what a car will do. With all the cars I have ever brought to the track and my results I've shaved .5 off of damn near every vehicle I have ran off of the magazine times. As for the Cobra's they can put up amazing numbers. The stock motor on a Cobra can put out about 800 hp before you have to start upgrading parts. As for factory freaks and turds, thats a given. I met up with a local car club last year and we went to Englishtown to do some racing. I went up with my friend Chuck in his 2003 Evo and there was another guy there with the same Evo (color and all) that couldn't break into the 13's. Both cars were stock but Chucks had a couple of hundred more miles on his Evo. Chuck ran his an he ran a 13.2 then he ran the other kids Evo and he could only get a 14.0.

RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

oh get off your horse man ... you're just digging a hole... go over to svtforums if you want to argue with a group that is going to take your side.

here its a longshot, realize the crowd you're preaching to and take it with a grain of salt

wind down that clock spring a little

Quote Originally Posted by RunningOnEMT View Post
    oh get off your horse man ... you're just digging a hole... go over to svtforums if you want to argue with a group that is going to take your side.
    lol this place never ceases to amaze me

here its a longshot, realize the crowd you're preaching to and take it with a grain of salt

wind down that clock spring a little
    Cadillac Versus... Discuss comparisons between Cadillac and its competitors.
    I am discussing the competitor here and because I am i get flamed and then have personal insults thrown at me by jim and I am the "bad guy" here. I am on about 15 different car forums and I've never seen the hostility on any other forum that I see on here

RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

i'm on about as many forums and its the same everywhere... EVERYWHERE you're preaching to the choir man ...

you're not the bad guy at all you just seem to be the one most wound up ... so i addressed you, the other guys, they're normally like that it keeps their bodies running, if their bloodpressure wasnt that high on a normal basis they'd just shrivel up

CALM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.