09 V or 09 C63 AMG ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 09 V or 09 C63 AMG ? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Wich one would you buy? 1. The Mercedes Benz C63 AMG http://www.mercedes-amg.com/C63/ 2. 2009 CTS-V...
    Kidhummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Question 09 V or 09 C63 AMG ?

Wich one would you buy?

1. The Mercedes Benz C63 AMG http://www.mercedes-amg.com/C63/

2. 2009 CTS-V

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: 09 V or 09 C63 AMG ?

I like the AMG but I would pick the 09 V.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Post Re: 09 V or 09 C63 AMG ?

The more I see the new C class the less I like it (interior is bad compared to the CTS). I don't think the new C will age as well as the CTS and it's a much smaller car for about the same amount of money (it probably costs more).

It probably won't out perform the new V, even with its size and weight advantage.

P-Funk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

The new C-class isn't much to look at. I'd definitely take the new V over it.

Slapshot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'd take the "V"... I don't like what they've done to the front end of the Merc. Too "upright" and blocky. The interior doesn't strike me as plush enough, and it is a smaller car. I prefer to row my own as well, the Merc doesn't offer a manual tranny.

I suppose the "C" competes price wise, but I think size wise the "E" series is more a direct competitor to the CTS.

Gordy Petrovski is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Last month I had the pleasure of test driveing the C sport & did not care for the interioror the ride it felt alot harsher than my lowerred V. Just from the Pic of the V's interior I think I like it better.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Even if they were approx. the same price I would go for the V. But if the base price of the AMG is going to be about 63K, by the time you actually put anything on it (AMG package, DVD Nav, Stereo,etc) it will easily be 75K +

mrdci is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX 2.8T Performance

I am up in the air on both of these cars myself. Heres one of the interesting things I found. When you think about resale value the Merc holds its value a bit better. I went to Kelly Blue Book and checked the private party value of an 06 V vs an 06 C55 and both in excellent condition with 24K miles and the results were: CTS-V $33,880 vs C55 $39,350. Not to mention the Merc comes with 4yrs of free warrantee and lets hope GM got the rearend right this time around.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

The Mercedes C63 is a small car with a great motor and has more in common with an old fashioned American muscle car than even Mercedes would like to admit. Add to that their reliability, great service and excellent resale. The styling is all european with clean lines, evolutionary styling and just enoug add-ons to let everyone know you bought the uber version.

Having said all that, I'm buying the V because it will undoubtedly "suck the doors" off that imported piece of bavarian garbage.

Attn: Mercedes and BMW - you are officially FVCKED! And yes, as always, we Americans did it for thousands less than you could!

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

What's sad about the C63 is that it is a much smaller car. The current C class is painfully small, even in the front seats. The C63 tips the scales at over 4,000lbs. The E63 is about the same weight. So the advantage it would have over the V is very small.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    What's sad about the C63 is that it is a much smaller car. The current C class is painfully small, even in the front seats. The C63 tips the scales at over 4,000lbs. The E63 is about the same weight. So the advantage it would have over the V is very small.
    Doesn't the V weight within like a 100 lbs of the last Fleetwood? Between the two I'd go with the C63. I don't like the V's styling, it's heavy as hell, those pistons worry me, and I haven't heard official pricing for the V yet but I've heard estimates as high as the $70k range and for that price I'd rather get a Nissan GT-R. I know they aren't in the same class or anything but I really want one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    ...and I haven't heard official pricing for the V yet but I've heard estimates as high as the $70k range and for that price I'd rather get a Nissan GT-R. I know they aren't in the same class or anything but I really want one of those.
    Gee, really? Never would've guessed...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Doesn't the V weight within like a 100 lbs of the last Fleetwood? Between the two I'd go with the C63. I don't like the V's styling, it's heavy as hell, those pistons worry me...
    The V weighs less than 200lbs more than the C63 while being WORLDS bigger and more comfortable. If the V looks a little ricey, the C63 looks VERY ricey. And with the amount of engineering these engines are getting, I'm not worried about the pistons. And to swap to forged internals would be how hard?

Gee, really? Never would've guessed...
    Please dude. Don't try and play that BS about "how could you like anything other then Cadillac" card like so many people on here like to play. If you can't respect performance because of the brand its from is kinda retarded. If Lexus and Cadillac switched lineups you would be saying how Lexus sucks and Cadillac is so much better. I'm reminded as to why I don't come on here too often anymore

The V weighs less than 200lbs more than the C63 while being WORLDS bigger and more comfortable. If the V looks a little ricey, the C63 looks VERY ricey. And with the amount of engineering these engines are getting, I'm not worried about the pistons. And to swap to forged internals would be how hard?
    It doesn't look ricey (the V) it looks boring as hell. The front end reminds me of what the current Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V has but with a bunch of chrome, the wheels are from the Pontiac G8, the back end looks like it was never finished, and it has really goofy lines. It's just not an appealing looking car. As for the forged pistons, those should have been on there from the factory instead of having to shed out more money to replace something that the factory should have had on there in the first place.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.