Cadillac Owners Forum banner
9K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  I~LUV~Caddys8792 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The more I see the new C class the less I like it (interior is bad compared to the CTS). I don't think the new C will age as well as the CTS and it's a much smaller car for about the same amount of money (it probably costs more).

It probably won't out perform the new V, even with its size and weight advantage.

#5 ·
I'd take the "V"... I don't like what they've done to the front end of the Merc. Too "upright" and blocky. The interior doesn't strike me as plush enough, and it is a smaller car. I prefer to row my own as well, the Merc doesn't offer a manual tranny.

I suppose the "C" competes price wise, but I think size wise the "E" series is more a direct competitor to the CTS.

#8 ·
I am up in the air on both of these cars myself. Heres one of the interesting things I found. When you think about resale value the Merc holds its value a bit better. I went to Kelly Blue Book and checked the private party value of an 06 V vs an 06 C55 and both in excellent condition with 24K miles and the results were: CTS-V $33,880 vs C55 $39,350. Not to mention the Merc comes with 4yrs of free warrantee and lets hope GM got the rearend right this time around.

#9 ·
The Mercedes C63 is a small car with a great motor and has more in common with an old fashioned American muscle car than even Mercedes would like to admit. Add to that their reliability, great service and excellent resale. The styling is all european with clean lines, evolutionary styling and just enoug add-ons to let everyone know you bought the uber version.

Having said all that, I'm buying the V because it will undoubtedly "suck the doors" off that imported piece of bavarian garbage.

Attn: Mercedes and BMW - you are officially FVCKED! And yes, as always, we Americans did it for thousands less than you could! :yup::lildevil:

#10 ·
What's sad about the C63 is that it is a much smaller car. The current C class is painfully small, even in the front seats. The C63 tips the scales at over 4,000lbs. The E63 is about the same weight. So the advantage it would have over the V is very small.

#11 ·
Doesn't the V weight within like a 100 lbs of the last Fleetwood? Between the two I'd go with the C63. I don't like the V's styling, it's heavy as hell, those pistons worry me, and I haven't heard official pricing for the V yet but I've heard estimates as high as the $70k range and for that price I'd rather get a Nissan GT-R. I know they aren't in the same class or anything but I really want one of those.

#18 ·
Front end:

Spec V:

CTS-V:

Wheels:
G8:
The V has had that shape grill since the beginning. That is a new Nissan design. So what? What you don't like, most do. Of course you're going to derail the V. What else is new.

As for the wheels, so what? Neither car is roaming the streets. So I really don't care that GM actually shared wheels between cars. Plus, I like the wheels anyway. I don't care if they make them available on an Aveo...

#27 ·
I could do a C63, but it's a little small for 4 adults really, as is the IS-F. I could do an E63, but then you're looking at $90K+ to get it optioned in line with the V. The M3, M5 and M6 all have similar issues. Now the GT-R's performance intrigues me especially with AWD. But the styling, the styling? What styling? The entire car appears unfinished. It reminds me of about 30 years ago when video games didn't have the resolution they do today. Choppy, blocky, disjointed and not very well though out visually at all. The video game dash would definitely wear on me as I like clear guages that look and feel substantial. Not guages that are "on TV's".

The new CTS looks great to me. I've seen the new model around town and I definitely like the direction they went. The pictures of the new V look great except the front spoiler and wheels. If this thing comes in under $70K, delivers Bob Lutz-ian promised performance numbers and a few early adopters experience no rear differential or suspension related issues. I'm getting one. I haven't lusted for a vehicle this badly since 2003, just prior to the CTS-V's debut.

#28 ·
Man, that V is HOT!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.