09 V or 09 C63 AMG ? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, 09 V or 09 C63 AMG ? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Front end: Spec V: CTS-V: Wheels: G8:...
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: 09 V or 09 C63 AMG ?

Front end:

Spec V:

CTS-V:

Wheels:
    G8:

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Please dude. Don't try and play that BS about "how could you like anything other then Cadillac" card like so many people on here like to play. If you can't respect performance because of the brand its from is kinda retarded. If Lexus and Cadillac switched lineups you would be saying how Lexus sucks and Cadillac is so much better. I'm reminded as to why I don't come on here too often anymore
    Get a clue. It's your constant harping on that damn GT-R. Yes, it is an incredible machine. Too bad you can't have sex with it since you seem to really love it...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Front end:

Spec V:

CTS-V:

Wheels:
    G8:
    The V has had that shape grill since the beginning. That is a new Nissan design. So what? What you don't like, most do. Of course you're going to derail the V. What else is new.

As for the wheels, so what? Neither car is roaming the streets. So I really don't care that GM actually shared wheels between cars. Plus, I like the wheels anyway. I don't care if they make them available on an Aveo...

Please dude. Don't try and play that BS about "how could you like anything other then Cadillac" card like so many people on here like to play. If you can't respect performance because of the brand its from is kinda retarded. If Lexus and Cadillac switched lineups you would be saying how Lexus sucks and Cadillac is so much better. I'm reminded as to why I don't come on here too often anymore
    So when did you become such a whiney little boy anyway? Personally, I like Nissan. But i don't have to come on here and prop up a car anytime my fingers get near the keys. You just sound like a little one trick pony. I can appreciate any car that has valuable assets, unlike you...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Get a clue. It's your constant harping on that damn GT-R. Yes, it is an incredible machine. Too bad you can't have sex with it since you seem to really love it...
    I love the GT-R but I'm holding out for the V Spec version instead. Early rumors say +40 hp and it sheds 500 lbs

And Nissan already has their JGTC GT-R in testing now

Once this car comes out here and tuners get a hold of it it will destroy everything on the road.

So when did you become such a whiney little boy anyway? Personally, I like Nissan. But i don't have to come on here and prop up a car anytime my fingers get near the keys. You just sound like a little one trick pony. I can appreciate any car that has valuable assets, unlike you...
    Nice edit. As for you personally liking Nissan......I wish we had the BS flag smiley here because anytime I've ever mentioned Nissan your one of the first people to flame away. As for your last two sentences, LMAO!

The V has had that shape grill since the beginning. That is a new Nissan design. So what? What you don't like, most do. Of course you're going to derail the V. What else is new.
    I've given the V plenty of praise but unlike you and many other V owners on here I see how there are issues with the V as well a la your remark to my dad in another thread saying how you wish you could do burnouts but you value your diff. When you shell out the kinda money you did for that car wouldn't you want it to be able to do a burnout? My 1995 Mark VIII could do that without me thinking twice about my diff. blowing up. But I guess that's ok for Cadillac to do that, but I'm sure if lets say the Lexus IS-F had the same problem you as well as many other people on here would be claiming as to how much the car sucks and how you can't take it serious and yada, yada, yada.

Nice edit. As for you personally liking Nissan......I wish we had the BS flag smiley here because anytime I've ever mentioned Nissan your one of the first people to flame away. As for your last two sentences, LMAO!
    What kind of crack are you smoking anyway? I am a Nissan FAN, goofball. I came very close to buying a Maxima, only in 2000 I didn't have the resources. My brother had an Altima. I steered a couple of friends to Altimas and a Sentra. I was one of the biggest fans around of the early 90's 300Z and turbo. I like the 350Z, love the Infiniti G35 and if I couldn't have swung the dough for the V in '04, I was DEFINITELY going to be in a G35 sedan with 6sp and tan leather interior.

Next time you want to take a stab in the dark on one of your assumptions, at least be even partially right.

I've given the V plenty of praise but unlike you and many other V owners on here I see how there are issues with the V as well a la your remark to my dad in another thread saying how you wish you could do burnouts but you value your diff. When you shell out the kinda money you did for that car wouldn't you want it to be able to do a burnout? My 1995 Mark VIII could do that without me thinking twice about my diff. blowing up. But I guess that's ok for Cadillac to do that, but I'm sure if lets say the Lexus IS-F had the same problem you as well as many other people on here would be claiming as to how much the car sucks and how you can't take it serious and yada, yada, yada.
    Again, you tool, you're showering yourself in assumptions and guesses. If you actually read instead of being a presumptuous know-it-all who knows very little, you'd see that for the money(comparing to M5s, RS4s, C55s, etc...) I put up with the V's shortfalls. Add to the fact that I get my jollies most on a road course, it was something I can put up with.

Instead of picking 1 post and thinking you know that person's every thought and desire, actually read. Read McFly.

Again, you tool, you're showering yourself in assumptions and guesses. If you actually read instead of being a presumptuous know-it-all who knows very little, you'd see that for the money(comparing to M5s, RS4s, C55s, etc...) I put up with the V's shortfalls. Add to the fact that I get my jollies most on a road course, it was something I can put up with.

Instead of picking 1 post and thinking you know that person's every thought and desire, actually read. Read McFly.
    I find it hard to believe that you are a huge Nissan fan seeing that the GT-R is the biggest thing to happen to Nissan since damn near ever and when going back through the GT-R thread I made awhile ago I found one and only one post from you on there and by your response you were showing off your love for Nissan then.

Yawn. Just another blah blah blah is better than a Vette thread by Blackout. These are different makers going all out for the performance title against a 3 year old Vette.

I find it hard to believe that you are a huge Nissan fan seeing that the GT-R is the biggest thing to happen to Nissan since damn near ever and when going back through the GT-R thread I made awhile ago I found one and only one post from you on there and by your response you were showing off your love for Nissan then.
    Look, you made it a point to either make multiple threads on the GT-R or insert the GT-R in any Corvette thread going on all over the Caddy forums. It was getting tiring. And I do still think the Z06 does it as well, and more simply. Doesn't mean I don't like the GT-R. In fact, the GT-R is the only car at the New England auto show that I took extensive pictures on...

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I could do a C63, but it's a little small for 4 adults really, as is the IS-F. I could do an E63, but then you're looking at $90K+ to get it optioned in line with the V. The M3, M5 and M6 all have similar issues. Now the GT-R's performance intrigues me especially with AWD. But the styling, the styling? What styling? The entire car appears unfinished. It reminds me of about 30 years ago when video games didn't have the resolution they do today. Choppy, blocky, disjointed and not very well though out visually at all. The video game dash would definitely wear on me as I like clear guages that look and feel substantial. Not guages that are "on TV's".

The new CTS looks great to me. I've seen the new model around town and I definitely like the direction they went. The pictures of the new V look great except the front spoiler and wheels. If this thing comes in under $70K, delivers Bob Lutz-ian promised performance numbers and a few early adopters experience no rear differential or suspension related issues. I'm getting one. I haven't lusted for a vehicle this badly since 2003, just prior to the CTS-V's debut.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Man, that V is HOT!
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.