Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  96Fleetwood 
#1 ·
I have my Escalade getting some dings removed and I've got a 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan as a rental. It's a pretty nice looking car if you ask me. The interior is of fairly high quality. The leather is of fairly high quality. There are soft surfaces for the center and side arm rests and door inserts (which I always appreciate).

I was under the impression that the G35 sedan would have a luxurious driving experience. If you know me, you know I like big, comfortable, luxurious rides.. The G35 Sedan is just the opposite. It's VERY sporty with luxuries included. Big, thick steering wheel, lots of steering "feel" - it almost feels like it has no power steering. It handles very well. You feel every bump in the road..

Surprisingly, to me, it's a very harsh car. The brakes are VERY catchy - to the point where I needed a couple of days to really get used to them. I'm still not fully used to them. And the acceleration is very jumpy. I'm so used to powerful cars with smooth, powerful acceleration. Even my old 1987 Corvette accelerated more smoothly. The revs stay up pretty high - so when you take your foot off the gas, you really feel it..

Overall, it's a nice car but it's completely not for me. I haven't driven the new CTS yet, but even the last CTS (to me) gives a tremendously better driving experience than this. It's nice looking but I really don't like it...

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the quick review. It's interesting to note how it differs from the CTS in ride quality....and this is the one that the mags are always praising..right after the 3 series. Maybe I wouldn't like it too much if I actually drove one...

How do you get an Infiniti loaner car when you bring your Cadillac in for service?!

#4 ·
I drove a 2005 G35 coupe, and the steering response was among the best I've ever experienced. No play in the steering at all, felt like it was on rails. Engine was great too, responsive and torquey. I'm pretty sure I'd take one over a CTS of the same year.

#5 ·
When I had the deposit down on my V and was figuring out if I could afford it, I test drove a lot of sedans. The G35 was going to be the one I bought if I couldn't swing the V. And that was a GREAT driver's car. From what I hear, the new model isn't much different. So that leads me to believe...

Sal, you're SOFT. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#6 ·
Since I'm in a 2008 Infiniti G35 sedan with 33,000 miles on the odometer as a rental, I thought I'd re-visit this thread. The car I reviewed on January 1st, 2008 was a piece of garbage - apparently... This G35 sedan drives much, much nicer. The brakes aren't overly sensitive and acceleration is smooth. This is a small car and I imagine it competes directly with the BMW 3-Series, Mercedes C-Class and Lexus IS.. However, I feel there's more room in this car than any of the aforementioned vehicles. I actually feel very comfortable in this car..

So I want to take back my initial complaint about the Infiniti G35. Someday soon I'll get a ride in a new G37 and see how far they've come since the original...

#7 ·
We are getting a recall done on our M45, so we have a 2008 G35 sedan loaner...

It is a nice car for what it is, but once you have that V8 power.. the G35 engine sounds and feels wimpy. It also rides harsher and feels far cheaper than the M45.

I rented a 2009 CTS when I was in Vegas 2 months ago... if I had to pick between the two, I would lean CTS. The new CTS was quieter and felt more luxurious than the G35.

#8 ·
Unless I'm mistaken, the G35 is just as fast as the M45... In any event, I would imagine the G rides harsher than the M. And I agree that the CTS interior is much nicer and more luxurious than the G35. It's also bigger... I really think there should be an intermediate CTS - something between the 3.6DI and the CTS-V...

#10 ·
While driving the car early this morning, I tested out the upper RPM band.. I figured these 3.5 liter V6s would be a little weak up top (for some reason). They're not.. I floored it at 80mph for a couple of seconds and found myself at 105mph.. I was very surprised. I didn't expect that at all. The G35 Sedan is a monster..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.