Cadillac Owners Forum banner
14K views 91 replies 34 participants last post by  CVP33 
#1 ·
just could not take all the rattles and a stick in Brooklyn NY is hell!!! ...anyway when i had the v i would look at posts about people beating srt8 and getting hyped now i love story's about srt8 beating V's

we are all crazy people whatever car we have it has to be the best !!!!!

#36 ·
LOL, SD maka-me-laf.

-Chris

WTF is up with rep? I'd give SD points, but no love on the rep :confused:

#38 ·
I summon Big King Mystical Sal, by calling him a ***ula, and asking him to explain himself! :lildevil:

-Chris

#39 ·
Good choice IMO. My Dad (an avid Caddy enthusiast) just got his second SRT8. His first was a Brilliant Black SRT8 Charger. The new one is a Superbee SRT8 Charger. He has driven both the STS-V and CTS-V... if the CTS-V came in an auto, he would have bought it (he has a bad knee), but the SRT8 makes up for it in other categories.

:cool:

#40 ·
Good choice IMO. My Dad (an avid Caddy enthusiast) just got his second SRT8. His first was a Brilliant Black SRT8 Charger. The new one is a Superbee SRT8 Charger. He has driven both the STS-V and CTS-V... if the CTS-V came in an auto, he would have bought it (he has a bad knee), but the SRT8 makes up for it in other categories.

:cool:

If those came in a stick, were 400 lbs lighter, wasn't ugly as hell, and wasn't a Dodge, I'd be all over that!

Seriously though, My dad had a 383 '68 Charger. That was a Charger! That think up there, is not.:thehand:

-Chris

#46 ·
Dudes,

Just mod it. I can't do anything about the weight of my 300 srt8 Curb weight is 4100. I can however add a brembo cross drilled rotors, hotchkis sways, KWs coilovers and the braided lines and a strut bar.
Would you guys then be nice to the pig?
I did mod all of the above except the KWs. They are next on the mod list.

#48 ·
1) Congrats on the SRT-8 purchase. Great car and will serve you well.
2) I'm only banned on the 300C forums and damned proud of it!
3) Curtis, what the hell are you doing swimming with the sharks over here. Ballsy man, ballsy.
4) I'm back in 2010 with a Chesrown executive car. Once the bugs are worked out completely.
5) A souped up SRT-8 will still have a VERY hard time keeping up with the V's on a road course.

On the fast portions of the track I was able to keep up with John's CTS-V and frankly most everything else. But once he hit the uphill essess at VIR I was toast. I didn't dare enter that portion of the track higher than 100mph. I believe John was taking that at 110-115 mph. My 300 didn't like the transitions at 100+ and there's no run-off room there, so no way I was going to try to push it there.

Had a great talk with John regarding the new 2009 CTS-V and what he was able to see from their test at VIR. Sounds like a beefier rear diff is in place and hopefully the chassis is a little more sorted out this go 'round. If so I'm back in 2010 with a Chesrown executive car. :thumbsup:

#61 ·
<SNIP>
On the fast portions of the track I was able to keep up with John's CTS-V and frankly most everything else. But once he hit the uphill essess at VIR I was toast. I didn't dare enter that portion of the track higher than 100mph. I believe John was taking that at 110-115 mph. My 300 didn't like the transitions at 100+ and there's no run-off room there, so no way I was going to try to push it there.
I go through there at 120. John has got to be able to go through there at the top of 4th with his Hoosiers. BY FARRRRRRRR my favortite part of VIR.

<SNIP>There's just something about seeing these huge 4 door sedans ripping down the straightaways at VIR with Porches, BMW and Corvettes waving us by. :sneaky:
You hit the nail on the head with that one. Best part of my weekend was passing that F430 :D. Also passed a bunch of GT3's :D. [Please note: I was in intermediate group, so at that level it's a lot about the driver, which is why I was able to pass some superior track cars.] I followed those two moron's in the ex Groom racing WC Porsche's for about 4 laps in one session, untill one of the McTard's finally slid off track [unlimited bank account != driving skill.] [BTW, at WOT my car is pretty damned loud, those Groom Porsche's were SOOOO LOUD, I couldn't even remotely hear my car.]

-Chris

#49 ·
Chris,

I knew you would eventually show up.
You know I have a sweet tooth for cadillacs. You caught me with my hand in the cookie jar, the 09 CTS-V.
The guys over here are not THAT BAD, just loyal and I can't fault them for that.
Now that you know I'm here, I would appreciate a tour!

#51 ·
Chris,

I knew you would eventually show up.
You know I have a sweet tooth for cadillacs. You caught me with my hand in the cookie jar, the 09 CTS-V.
The guys over here are not THAT BAD, just loyal and I can't fault them for that.
Now that you know I'm here, I would appreciate a tour!
Lot's of good guys here that REALLY know their cars. Mod's are VERY cool and the "lifers" are a great bunch. You can see my "join" date, so I've been here a good long time. I've met about 8 guys off the forums and they're real car guys. Met 3 of them up at VIR last weekend and once you get past all the Caddy vs. Chrysler crap we're all just car nuts. There's just something about seeing these huge 4 door sedans ripping down the straightaways at VIR with Porches, BMW and Corvettes waving us by. :sneaky:

#52 ·
Okay so lets see.... I still see the V being better then the Srt8 in everyway! Okay fine he rear ends go, but it depends on how you drive, you have to know when to flat step it and when not to. It is a stick shift car but it's not auto. You have more to do then shift. Any GM Sports car right now is better then Any srt model. Compare the z06 to the new viper. 650hp and the zo6 is a second behind with only 505 hp. Gm is much better. Rattles where? if you hit a pot hole in Brooklyn dam right the cars goin to rattle it's a car not a truck!. I raced the silver Srt8 300 and beat him, and others. Red Srt8 charger and a black srt 8 jeep I'm talking Stock v. stock. the V wins.

#81 ·
Okay so lets see.... I still see the V being better then the Srt8 in everyway! Okay fine he rear ends go, but it depends on how you drive, you have to know when to flat step it and when not to. It is a stick shift car but it's not auto. You have more to do then shift. Any GM Sports car right now is better then Any srt model. Compare the z06 to the new viper. 650hp and the zo6 is a second behind with only 505 hp. Gm is much better. Rattles where? if you hit a pot hole in Brooklyn dam right the cars goin to rattle it's a car not a truck!. I raced the silver Srt8 300 and beat him, and others. Red Srt8 charger and a black srt 8 jeep I'm talking Stock v. stock. the V wins.

Up top you will beat the SRT 8 Jeep but on a short distance run the SRT 8 Jeep will beat the V everytime( stock for stock ) and if drivers are equal. My 05 V has rattles as well and no potholes here but I still enjoy the car. Lets not forget the SRt cars hold their value a little better as well and thats always a plus.

#56 ·
Hey guys, long time no post, sorry. Been really busy and junk.....

Any ways, WTF is this junk about a RATTLE, I have none and I remember a thread about this b4. Anyways I think it is like 1 out of 5 are plagued by something like this at higher road speeds. That would suck!!!

My car is tight!!!

Just wanted to add that.

Oh, and still get the sweeeet reactions when the beast decides to roar, and even when it doesn't by the few that know what it is!!!

SRTs are a dime a dozen, but hey, sometimes I wish I didn't have my V. Like when I went at 1-4 MPH to see Christmas lights with my 3yo son at Christmas in the park. Stickshift sucked then.

#63 ·
How come Urb hasn't moved this yet? Must be reading and laughing about it.

The only reason I would see going to a 300 would be if I wanted to put 22's on a car. That car needs the bigger wheels to fill the wheel well, not my style.

Heavier (bad), Automatic (yuck), and a Chrysler Product (Ewwwww). I like my V and will not trade for a pig like that.

Out.

P.S. I will not post again and please let this thread disappear.

#65 ·
1/4 mile - SRT8 wins 90% of the time.

Road Course - CTS-V wins 100% of the time.

Curtis - The Mallets can be highly modified. If your tune is working and your running in the 12.3's like the other's with your mods, you will be close. As I don't think the Mallets are in the 11's.

#68 ·
Rob,

Curtis is close to 500 hp with his mods and with an easy car to launch like the SRT-8 and a stall converter he's in the 12.3 to 12.1 range easy. The Mallets are beasts to be sure, but it's still a hard beast to launch consistently. We had an experienced driver at Richmond last month with very similar mod's to Curtis, hit 11.9's in great air. He did have drag radials, but
it can be done.

#72 ·
That's nice but why is he even on this site talking about his SRT?

As far as difficult to launch I would have to agree but there are a few on this site that have proven the V can run in the 11's without a slush box.

Funny part is the person with the Mallet would much rather run it on the track. After all that's what it was designed for. So we will never see what this car can do in the quarter mile but I don't think that's a problem either.

Do what you enjoy. Go brag to your friends in the SRT forum, I'm sure they will feed on it.

#71 ·
I just paid $50 to find out about the Vs and I got my $ worth. Saved me a test drive.
Glad to hear you got your money's worth and you should have test drove one anyways.

At least you would be able to compare the cars even though you seem to be a bit biased.

Still wondering why your posting here :hmm:, is the SRT forum a bit dry? I have never been there, maybe I need to check it out.

I don't plan to drag my car and Slush boxes are great for that but that's not the reason I bought this car. I'm sure your times are good in that car but with an Automatic I'm guessing my wife could turn similiar runs after a couple of try's in that car.

Where is the fun in the light turns greeen and mash the throttle? If your going to go in a straight line for a quarter mile I like to break it up with some shifting.

Be proud of your car, it is a fine car but it's not the car for me. I would much rather be in a mallet V then a highly modified SRT.

Instead of saying how you could beat the shat out of us in the quarter mile and you shouldn't waste the gas I say stop flapping your gums and go out and do it. Much more fun.

#74 ·
Glad to hear you got your money's worth and you should have test drove one anyways.

At least you would be able to compare the cars even though you seem to be a bit biased.

Still wondering why your posting here :hmm:, is the SRT forum a bit dry? I have never been there, maybe I need to check it out.

I don't plan to drag my car and Slush boxes are great for that but that's not the reason I bought this car. I'm sure your times are good in that car but with an Automatic I'm guessing my wife could turn similiar runs after a couple of try's in that car.

Where is the fun in the light turns greeen and mash the throttle? If your going to go in a straight line for a quarter mile I like to break it up with some shifting.

Be proud of your car, it is a fine car but it's not the car for me. I would much rather be in a mallet V then a highly modified SRT.

Instead of saying how you could beat the crap out of us in the quarter mile and you shouldn't waste the gas I say stop flapping your gums and go out and do it. Much more fun.

I plan to buy the 2009 CTS V as stated in a previous post. That is why I am here. I never said I would beat the shit out of the CTS-V in the quarter mile.
I thought you guys would accept me as I own a Cadillac ESV, although my wife drives it. You guys have some pent up hostility and are bitter from the M and AMG class beating up on you. Keep your $50 and buy some manners. Giving the brand a bad name. Later

#75 ·
I plan to buy the 2009 CTS V as stated in a previous post. That is why I am here. I never said I would beat the shit out of the CTS-V in the quarter mile.
I thought you guys would accept me as I own a Cadillac ESV, although my wife drives it. You guys have some pent up hostility and are bitter from the M and AMG class beating up on you. Keep your $50 and buy some manners. Giving the brand a bad name. Later
Curtis,

The minimum price of admission here is a CTS-V and at least one blown rear differential. :yup: Ah crap, banned again! :canttalk:

#76 ·
I have a question. If this is a V forum and you plan on buying one when the new one comes out...Why are there even talks about srt8 v cts V? There will always be someone faster. Who the HELL cares?

And of the minimum price of being here a V why are there guys coming here everyday without V's? We must be a great bunch of guys :)

#80 ·
For someone crying about being a whipping boy you sure come across pretty arrogant. Bragging about beating stock cars with a heavily modified car doesn't impress anyone. Does it impress you that I'm 4-0 against lightly modified 300C Srt's, racing in my Trailblazer? I'm not bashing the 300, I still might get one at some point. I just don't consider it nice enough to consider my toy vehicle, and I get more utility out of my Trailblazer right now.

I don't like e-racing, but I would bet that our cars are very close in horsepower. While you might have a launch advantage, I just might have a bit of a weight advantage. Either way, enjoy your car. But I'm sure you'll be happier in a 09 V when it arrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.