sold the v for a 300c srt-8 - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, sold the v for a 300c srt-8 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a question. If this is a V forum and you plan on buying one when the new one ...
    theloanman219 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

Re: sold the v for a 300c srt-8

I have a question. If this is a V forum and you plan on buying one when the new one comes out...Why are there even talks about srt8 v cts V? There will always be someone faster. Who the HELL cares?

And of the minimum price of being here a V why are there guys coming here everyday without V's? We must be a great bunch of guys

type911 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    I am 7 wins against SRTs and 0 lost in the past three years.
    2and 0 for me.

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    ...The last CTS-V
    I came across only saw my side, then my tail lights.
    What mods do you have? If your not modded, I won't waste the fuel
    and you really need to stop sniffing your tailpipe.
    I plan to buy the 2009 CTS V as stated in a previous post. That is why I am here. I never said I would beat the shit out of the CTS-V in the quarter mile.
    I thought you guys would accept me as I own a Cadillac ESV, although my wife drives it. You guys have some pent up hostility and are bitter from the M and AMG class beating up on you. Keep your $50 and buy some manners. Giving the brand a bad name. Later
    I apologize for coming off a bit harsh but I came into this thread a little late. I thought I was just playing your game and sorry if I offended you. I should have read back as it seems you were a bit civil but as you can see in the couple of posts above you were a bit standoffish and your not completely clean in this either.

I don't believe asking someone to stop sniffing their tail pipe is very good manners.

From your posts you seem to be a good guy. Sounds like you have a fast car and sounds like a nice car but for problems I have had with some Chrysler products I highly doubt I will buy another in the near future.

Bottom line is you bought american and I do respect that

If you like the 300 SRT-8 I'm sure you will love the 09 V.

theloanman219 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

brother don't shake hands brothers gotta hug!

Mallet-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Mallett

For someone crying about being a whipping boy you sure come across pretty arrogant. Bragging about beating stock cars with a heavily modified car doesn't impress anyone. Does it impress you that I'm 4-0 against lightly modified 300C Srt's, racing in my Trailblazer? I'm not bashing the 300, I still might get one at some point. I just don't consider it nice enough to consider my toy vehicle, and I get more utility out of my Trailblazer right now.

I don't like e-racing, but I would bet that our cars are very close in horsepower. While you might have a launch advantage, I just might have a bit of a weight advantage. Either way, enjoy your car. But I'm sure you'll be happier in a 09 V when it arrives.

05cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 1QUICKV View Post
    Okay so lets see.... I still see the V being better then the Srt8 in everyway! Okay fine he rear ends go, but it depends on how you drive, you have to know when to flat step it and when not to. It is a stick shift car but it's not auto. You have more to do then shift. Any GM Sports car right now is better then Any srt model. Compare the z06 to the new viper. 650hp and the zo6 is a second behind with only 505 hp. Gm is much better. Rattles where? if you hit a pot hole in Brooklyn dam right the cars goin to rattle it's a car not a truck!. I raced the silver Srt8 300 and beat him, and others. Red Srt8 charger and a black srt 8 jeep I'm talking Stock v. stock. the V wins.

Up top you will beat the SRT 8 Jeep but on a short distance run the SRT 8 Jeep will beat the V everytime( stock for stock ) and if drivers are equal. My 05 V has rattles as well and no potholes here but I still enjoy the car. Lets not forget the SRt cars hold their value a little better as well and thats always a plus.

bossplayer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Redline

Quote Originally Posted by type911 View Post
    2and 0 for me.
    2 and 0 for me also, but none were from dead stop.... just doesnt happen that much.

stkshkr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Maggied V Black/Black

I'd be pleased to race you. Are your BES heads from Bischoff Engine Service? If so you must be close to me. BTW I like 300 SRT8's, great american muscle.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The heads, cam and intake manifold are from these guys. I apologize for the the previous comments and do not want to be offensive to anyone. I am here to learn. I think the thread went the wrong way and I will refrain from V vs SRT8 comments. I wouldn't be here unless I respected the CTS-V and I own a ESV. We are all very passionate about our cars. I suspect that I will be just as , if not more, passsionate of the cts-V Mallet car. Also, I will bring some mopar knowledge to the table just as CVP33 has.

Here is the company that produced the heads.

http://www.besracing.com/

This is where I bought the package. http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=1148

I paid $6,500 and then 2m for install.

This is where I found info on the Mallet V http://www.mallettcars.com/ctsv-conversion.htm

Very, very sweet.

I hope this company will have packages that will seamlessly work with the 09 cts-v supercharged powerplant. I suspect they will........

Kurlee Daddee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

This is one of the biggest cock fights I have ever seen on a internet forum. And to think it lasted for 9 pages. HAHAHA.

Anyways, I am glad you guys like your SRT-8's. They are nice vehicles. I will never own another Chrysler product. But that's just me. Even though my experience was with my SRT-4. The service was terrible and they tried anything they could to void warranty's so they wouldn't have to pay for claims.

I am very happy with my V. Cadillac goes out of their way everytime I bring it to the shop to make sure I am satisfied. I also love shifting my car, as that is one of the main reasons I bought it. I couldn't hang with a slushbox. I just feel too disconnected from the vehicle.

Guys be happy for what you have, be it a V or an SRT-8. We all drive current American Musclecars. Go out there and have fun in them. Who knows when the Muscleca wars will be over and all they will be selling is electric cars.

MachX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan deVille 4.9L/1994 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L

whoa man, and I thought Cadillac forums members knew how to enjoy and respect other makes of cars! how could you POSSIBLY dislike a large luxury (some might debate that, but not the point) sedan with Mercedes E-Class ride and handling and a burly american OVERHEAD VALVE V8 with hemi headed cylinders and 340 hp? Kurlee has the right idea, we should be sharing the love of big fast steel, not getting into pissing matches. And the muscle car war may wax and wan, but it'll never die. Ford is pushing the HELL out of hydrogen tech, and there have also been h2 powered bimmers cruising around Beverly Hills. Once this ultra clean fuel is more widespread LOOK OUT. We'll never worry about running out of fuel within the conceivable future.

Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

Gee, maybe I can be the bridge between GM and Mopar. In the late 60's I had a 1956 Chev. I wanted a 327 but they were hard to find. Chrysler 383's were available so I rebuilt it with cam, headers intake etc put it and a torqueflite transmission in the car. It was my daily driver for years, drove it in 40 below zero and it could stay even with the old GTX's and the like. Only problem was STOPPING! The old drum brakes didn't like to stop from 100+ at the end of the 1/4 mile.
    Sold it to buy a house in 1975. That was my last Mopar, not that I don't like them I just like GM/Cadillac more.

sy1172 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

I plan to buy the 2009 CTS V as stated in a previous post. That is why I am here. I never said I would beat the shit out of the CTS-V in the quarter mile.
    I thought you guys would accept me as I own a Cadillac ESV, although my wife drives it. You guys have some pent up hostility and are bitter from the M and AMG class beating up on you. Keep your $50 and buy some manners. Giving the brand a bad name. Later
    Some of the guys here are tools ... envy I think??? Enjoy the SRT-8, awesome car. The V has nothing on it....and I own both

SuperV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade, CTS-V

nine (9) pages and counting.... I really have nothing to add; however I wanted to be a part of Internet automotive history What can be said about a bunch of grown up toys that children (big boys; whats the difference) LOVE so passionately? If we all had good sense, we would have a lot more money; unfortunately, we would have a lot less FUN

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I spoke to the cadillac dealership today and spoke to the boys in the service dept. The service manager called to thank my wife for the 3 dozen christmas cookies she sent them. They have always treated us so well in 07 with the mod installations on my srt8 (I bought it from them as well as the ESV). We were on the way to see my 4 year old's christmas performance (he's from my 1st marriage). We were all piled in the ESV and I asked him about the 09 CTS-V and when it comes out. He said he would be glad to buy back the SRT8 as alot of the shop guys were interested in it and enjoyed driving it. Anyway, he said, "As soon as they have one they will call me immediately and buy back the srt8 and put me in the CTS-V. I told him great and then I will need them to mod it. He laughed and said, "Of course Mr. Loveday,
    anything related to your car, you can come to me. What amazed me last is, I show up with 4 new rsa tires and stock srt8 rims with rubber on them and asked them to
    remove the custom rims and tires on the srt8 and put them in the Escalade. Then remove the rubber from the stock rims and shod them with the new RSAs, then mount them and balance them for me. All this was done for $100. That is cadillac style. That is another reason while I will never buy another car anywhere else. I feel guilty about not spending my $ at cadillac.
    Few places realize that the service department can solidify repeat business......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.