sold the v for a 300c srt-8 - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, sold the v for a 300c srt-8 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by CVP33 <SNIP> On the fast portions of the track I was able to keep up with John's ...
    trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Re: sold the v for a 300c srt-8

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    <SNIP>
    On the fast portions of the track I was able to keep up with John's CTS-V and frankly most everything else. But once he hit the uphill essess at VIR I was toast. I didn't dare enter that portion of the track higher than 100mph. I believe John was taking that at 110-115 mph. My 300 didn't like the transitions at 100+ and there's no run-off room there, so no way I was going to try to push it there.
    I go through there at 120. John has got to be able to go through there at the top of 4th with his Hoosiers. BY FARRRRRRRR my favortite part of VIR.

<SNIP>There's just something about seeing these huge 4 door sedans ripping down the straightaways at VIR with Porches, BMW and Corvettes waving us by.
    You hit the nail on the head with that one. Best part of my weekend was passing that F430 . Also passed a bunch of GT3's . [Please note: I was in intermediate group, so at that level it's a lot about the driver, which is why I was able to pass some superior track cars.] I followed those two moron's in the ex Groom racing WC Porsche's for about 4 laps in one session, untill one of the McTard's finally slid off track [unlimited bank account != driving skill.] [BTW, at WOT my car is pretty damned loud, those Groom Porsche's were SOOOO LOUD, I couldn't even remotely hear my car.]

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Mallet-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Mallett

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    Lets get past this because I'll have an 09 CTS-V.
    I'll take your word for it that the stock V will take a stock SRT8.
    I wish I could have confirmed this when I was stock.
    As you can see by my sig, I am not stock. The last CTS-V
    I came across only saw my side, then my tail lights.
    But you have a nice list of mods. Put some nice mods at the V and see what happens. I'd put a nice wager on my V over your modded SRT still.

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

How come Urb hasn't moved this yet? Must be reading and laughing about it.

The only reason I would see going to a 300 would be if I wanted to put 22's on a car. That car needs the bigger wheels to fill the wheel well, not my style.

Heavier (bad), Automatic (yuck), and a Chrysler Product (Ewwwww). I like my V and will not trade for a pig like that.

Out.

P.S. I will not post again and please let this thread disappear.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Mallet-V View Post
    But you have a nice list of mods. Put some nice mods at the V and see what happens. I'd put a nice wager on my V over your modded SRT still.
    What mods do you have? If your not modded, I won't waste the fuel
    and you really need to stop sniffing your tailpipe.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

1/4 mile - SRT8 wins 90% of the time.

Road Course - CTS-V wins 100% of the time.

Curtis - The Mallets can be highly modified. If your tune is working and your running in the 12.3's like the other's with your mods, you will be close. As I don't think the Mallets are in the 11's.

1/4 mile - SRT8 wins 90% of the time.

Road Course - CTS-V wins 100% of the time.

Curtis - The Mallets can be highly modified. If your tune is working and your running in the 12.3's like the other's with your mods, you will be close. As I don't think the Mallets are in the 11's.

Chris,

I'm just the cadillacforum whipping boy

What mods do you have? If your not modded, I won't waste the fuel
    and you really need to stop sniffing your tailpipe.
    I couldn't resist another post!

If your driving the car your wasting fuel in my opinion.

You really shouldn't play with the Mallet unless you want to cry in a corner when he beats the pi$$ out of you.

The Mallet I know of has a 427 pushing 460 RWHP and 440 RWTQ with a conservitive tune. The beast's could be running a C5R block (this one is) which makes this one bad ass car. With the proper tune, new intake, 90mm throttle body he will be over 500 RWHP and the torque will be quite respectable.

He will take and throw the smack down on your lead sled and leave you for dead.

You should take your weak smack talk to the SRT forum where your buddies will appreciate you.

Good assessment on the Base V and Base SRT though CVP33.

Rob,

Curtis is close to 500 hp with his mods and with an easy car to launch like the SRT-8 and a stall converter he's in the 12.3 to 12.1 range easy. The Mallets are beasts to be sure, but it's still a hard beast to launch consistently. We had an experienced driver at Richmond last month with very similar mod's to Curtis, hit 11.9's in great air. He did have drag radials, but
    it can be done.

I just paid $50 to find out about the Vs and I got my $ worth. Saved me a test drive.

DarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V, 06 SRX, 08 Vette

I am 7 wins against SRTs and 0 lost in the past three years.

I just paid $50 to find out about the Vs and I got my $ worth. Saved me a test drive.
    Glad to hear you got your money's worth and you should have test drove one anyways.

At least you would be able to compare the cars even though you seem to be a bit biased.

Still wondering why your posting here , is the SRT forum a bit dry? I have never been there, maybe I need to check it out.

I don't plan to drag my car and Slush boxes are great for that but that's not the reason I bought this car. I'm sure your times are good in that car but with an Automatic I'm guessing my wife could turn similiar runs after a couple of try's in that car.

Where is the fun in the light turns greeen and mash the throttle? If your going to go in a straight line for a quarter mile I like to break it up with some shifting.

Be proud of your car, it is a fine car but it's not the car for me. I would much rather be in a mallet V then a highly modified SRT.

Instead of saying how you could beat the shat out of us in the quarter mile and you shouldn't waste the gas I say stop flapping your gums and go out and do it. Much more fun.

Rob,

Curtis is close to 500 hp with his mods and with an easy car to launch like the SRT-8 and a stall converter he's in the 12.3 to 12.1 range easy. The Mallets are beasts to be sure, but it's still a hard beast to launch consistently. We had an experienced driver at Richmond last month with very similar mod's to Curtis, hit 11.9's in great air. He did have drag radials, but
    it can be done.
    That's nice but why is he even on this site talking about his SRT?

As far as difficult to launch I would have to agree but there are a few on this site that have proven the V can run in the 11's without a slush box.

Funny part is the person with the Mallet would much rather run it on the track. After all that's what it was designed for. So we will never see what this car can do in the quarter mile but I don't think that's a problem either.

Do what you enjoy. Go brag to your friends in the SRT forum, I'm sure they will feed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    I go through there at 120. John has got to be able to go through there at the top of 4th with his Hoosiers. BY FARRRRRRRR my favortite part of VIR.

-Chris
    That's stupid fast. I couldn't enter higher than 100mph and then I'd build to 115 before setting up for the downhill transition into Oak Tree. As for the Groom Porsche, absolutely obnoxious. I couldn't even here myself think when that thing went by. Both you and John were hot on his ass coming off 17 as I stood on the second floor balcony. I wish I had video of my car coming down the straight. The Chin guys said it sounded great but alas I can only hear it from inside the car. Your V's sounded great as well. Much better than any of the Porsches.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob View Post
    Glad to hear you got your money's worth and you should have test drove one anyways.

At least you would be able to compare the cars even though you seem to be a bit biased.

Still wondering why your posting here , is the SRT forum a bit dry? I have never been there, maybe I need to check it out.

I don't plan to drag my car and Slush boxes are great for that but that's not the reason I bought this car. I'm sure your times are good in that car but with an Automatic I'm guessing my wife could turn similiar runs after a couple of try's in that car.

Where is the fun in the light turns greeen and mash the throttle? If your going to go in a straight line for a quarter mile I like to break it up with some shifting.

Be proud of your car, it is a fine car but it's not the car for me. I would much rather be in a mallet V then a highly modified SRT.

Instead of saying how you could beat the crap out of us in the quarter mile and you shouldn't waste the gas I say stop flapping your gums and go out and do it. Much more fun.

I plan to buy the 2009 CTS V as stated in a previous post. That is why I am here. I never said I would beat the shit out of the CTS-V in the quarter mile.
    I thought you guys would accept me as I own a Cadillac ESV, although my wife drives it. You guys have some pent up hostility and are bitter from the M and AMG class beating up on you. Keep your $50 and buy some manners. Giving the brand a bad name. Later

I plan to buy the 2009 CTS V as stated in a previous post. That is why I am here. I never said I would beat the shit out of the CTS-V in the quarter mile.
    I thought you guys would accept me as I own a Cadillac ESV, although my wife drives it. You guys have some pent up hostility and are bitter from the M and AMG class beating up on you. Keep your $50 and buy some manners. Giving the brand a bad name. Later
    Curtis,

The minimum price of admission here is a CTS-V and at least one blown rear differential. Ah crap, banned again!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.