Cadillac Owners Forum banner
8K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  The Tony Show 
#1 ·

http://www.netcarshow.com/lincoln/2009-mks/

Less than a year after launch, the Lincoln MKS will be the first vehicle to offer Ford's new gasoline turbo direct injection engine technology.
The premium engine - which offers the power and torque of a V-8 with the fuel efficiency of a V-6 - will make the Lincoln MKS the most powerful and fuel-efficient all-wheel drive luxury sedan in the market.

See less See more
#6 ·
The premium engine - which offers the power and torque of a V-8 with the fuel efficiency of a V-6 - will make the Lincoln MKS the most powerful and fuel-efficient all-wheel drive luxury sedan in the market.
Now that's a bold statement. I wonder if Audi will sit still for that.

#7 ·
Eh, it looks very little like the concept car. And the profile SCREAMS Buick LaCrosse. The interior looks really nice but nothing really groundbreaking. I do like the front end, though.

Could be a winner. It would be about time, too...

#13 · (Edited)
Lord Cadillac said:
The premium engine - which offers the power and torque of a V-8 with the fuel efficiency of a V-6 -
:suspect:

270hp is a pretty weak V8 by modern standards.
270hp is also a generation late seeing as the big players in this segment now have 300+hp V6's (BMW, Cadillac, etc.).

Priced alongside Buick it would be great. Priced at $37k, it falls short of it's competition in every category I can think of.

Lord Cadillac said:
will make the Lincoln MKS the most powerful and fuel-efficient all-wheel drive luxury sedan in the market.
Maybe fuel efficient, but powerful? Or is Audi no longer in the luxury sedan market?

#22 ·
The MKS is being built on the same platform as the Ford 500 / Taurus / Sable. The MKZ is built on the same platform as the Mazda 6 / Ford Fusion / Mercury Milan. While my MKZ is a good car, a lot of that common heritage comes through in things like the shifter and the sound & feel of the doors.

The Cadillac Sigma platform has been a distinguishing characteristic of the brand. However, if you look at Cadillac's future product plans, it seems everything BUT the CTS will be on a shared platform. Hopefully, we're not going back to the bad old days.

#23 ·
Remember, too, and not putting down the MKZ at all, it's a gorgeous car, but it IS an entry level luxury car, not a full blown luxury sedan. In that respect, can you beat its quality/standard features for the price? I think not. And last I checked, the Mazda 6 is one highly rated platform. Zoom zoom zoom. And back to the MKS, yes it may be based on the new Taurus platform, but it will have its own exclusive engine, probably loads of sound deadening, and the sheetmetal goes way beyond what the Taurus does in terms of drop dead good looks. And as I said before, many a great Lincoln has shared platforms with everything from the Mustang, Thunderbird, LTD, as well as many Mercury's, starting with the mighty 1956 Continental Mark II which was Thunderbird based.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.