Lincoln MKS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, Lincoln MKS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Jesda My understanding is that Ford built its V6 reputation on the Duratec, used in the Noble ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Lincoln MKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    My understanding is that Ford built its V6 reputation on the Duratec, used in the Noble supercar and in racing.

I could hang out at the Lincoln site all day long. Nice music!
    Too bad no one has stuck a TT SHO motor in there instead. The Duratec is just so

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Too bad no one has stuck a TT SHO motor in there instead. The Duratec is just so
    The Duractec is a decent enough motor but like jim said, F/I the 3.9 Yamaha V6 from the SHO and all is right in the world

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

What a boring little car.

Anyone else noticed that except for the Navigator, Lincolns entire new product portfolio basically consists of a Mazda 6?

Crown Vic Owner is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 sls

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

Anyone else noticed that except for the Navigator, Lincolns entire new product portfolio basically consists of a Mazda 6?
    frogot the towncar

MachX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan deVille 4.9L/1994 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L

uh, big deal. the Lexus LS is based on the Toyota Camry. Platform sharing isn't a bad thing, as long as the car is trimmed properly.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

And I guess the Cadillac lineup is all exclusive platforms and none are shared?

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

The MKS is being built on the same platform as the Ford 500 / Taurus / Sable. The MKZ is built on the same platform as the Mazda 6 / Ford Fusion / Mercury Milan. While my MKZ is a good car, a lot of that common heritage comes through in things like the shifter and the sound & feel of the doors.

The Cadillac Sigma platform has been a distinguishing characteristic of the brand. However, if you look at Cadillac's future product plans, it seems everything BUT the CTS will be on a shared platform. Hopefully, we're not going back to the bad old days.

MachX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan deVille 4.9L/1994 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    The MKS is being built on the same platform as the Ford 500 / Taurus / Sable. The MKZ is built on the same platform as the Mazda 6 / Ford Fusion / Mercury Milan. While my MKZ is a good car, a lot of that common heritage comes through in things like the shifter and the sound & feel of the doors.

The Cadillac Sigma platform has been a distinguishing characteristic of the brand. However, if you look at Cadillac's future product plans, it seems everything BUT the CTS will be on a shared platform. Hopefully, we're not going back to the bad old days.
    Remember, too, and not putting down the MKZ at all, it's a gorgeous car, but it IS an entry level luxury car, not a full blown luxury sedan. In that respect, can you beat its quality/standard features for the price? I think not. And last I checked, the Mazda 6 is one highly rated platform. Zoom zoom zoom. And back to the MKS, yes it may be based on the new Taurus platform, but it will have its own exclusive engine, probably loads of sound deadening, and the sheetmetal goes way beyond what the Taurus does in terms of drop dead good looks. And as I said before, many a great Lincoln has shared platforms with everything from the Mustang, Thunderbird, LTD, as well as many Mercury's, starting with the mighty 1956 Continental Mark II which was Thunderbird based.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I dont understand the use of a truck interior in the MKZ. And the Zephyr name was much better.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    I dont understand the use of a truck interior in the MKZ. And the Zephyr name was much better.
    I agree that Zephyr was a better name. But, the interior looks more classic Lincoln rather than truck.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    But, the interior looks more classic Lincoln rather than truck.
    Totally disagree! I really think Lincoln did a great job on the exterior styling, but I hate the truck dashboard. Classic Lincoln, egads no!

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    And I guess the Cadillac lineup is all exclusive platforms and none are shared?
    CTS, SRX and STS are all built on an exclusive platform (Sigma). Ford has 0 exclusive products- just rebadges.

Next.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.