Cadillac Owners Forum banner

04 Jag XJ8/Vanden Plas

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  She4mothompson 
#1 ·
Hey wat do u guys think of the 04 (or newer) Jaguar XJ8 and/or Vanden Plas? I was planning on getting an 05 STS V8 but then I saw one of those. Checked it out online, it seemed very nice and luxurious but I personally havent driven or sat in one. What do u prefer? 05 STSv8 or 04 Vanden P?

#2 ·
I will be plain at you, neither ! More correctly I would never change my Seville STS for those .Neither STS nor X350 Jags look as much classy as their previous models .
Your question is a though one but I think I would go for '05 STS V8

#3 ·
Well yeah I do agree with you on that one, the Seville looks much more classy than the new STS. But as much as I don't want to, I'm still going to have to replace my beloved STS because it already has high mileage and its slowly starting to show its age (98). I could get the same body style, like an 02 or 03 STS but I guess I just want something different, but I won't be replacing my Seville atleast for another year so we'll see when the time comes. I know I will be excited to purchase another (newer) car but I'm also going to be very sad when the times comes to sell my car. :(

Oh by the way I wasn;t talking about the X350, im looking at the XJ8 or Vanden Plas.

#4 ·
The Jags are cheap for a reason, they are out of warranty or going out of warranty.

If I were you I would go for one with at least 1 year or more of warranty remaining.

Have you seen the 2003 745i/745Li BMWs that have the 6 year 100K warranty? There are plenty around for around $30K or a little less.

#5 ·
Volkswagen Phaeton FTW! Otherwise a 02 Super V8, XJR or perhaps the Vanden Plas, or I suppse a W220 S55.

#8 ·
The best part of Jaguar is the classic design in a world where luxury cars are becoming more and more alike. Also, be aware that they are a higher maintainence vehical and harder to work on if you like doing your own work. I would have to say though, I'd go with the Jaguar when compared to the STS; it has a nice, classic design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.