anyone leaving v for CHALLENGER???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, anyone leaving v for CHALLENGER??? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; 425/ 420 hp/tq pistolgrip stick hemi tunable to 6 zillion hp, ???...
    mlg
    mlg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

anyone leaving v for CHALLENGER???

425/ 420 hp/tq pistolgrip stick hemi tunable to 6 zillion hp, ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1QUICKV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V SERIES

Re: anyone leaving v for CHALLENGER???

That car's going to be a joke! It's going to be a Charger with a challenger body. The car anit going to be anything like it should be.

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Not me.
    Keep this V, upgrade to an 09 V or find an E55.

bleeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

GARBAGE ON A STICK....anyone else want a shish-ka-bob.

Flyboy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I have one on order.....might keep both......I'll see. If it is like the concept car.....it'll be cool.....

mlg
    mlg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

when is it due in?? pleasr pm me or write v forum back to back comparo . would love to hear how it drives. thnx, mlg

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

The opposite! I've shelved the challenger idea, sick and tired of waiting for detroit to finish playing they're pony war price secrecy. I threw in the towel when they released reliable info that the first year of production was going to be ALL AUTOMATICS... I'm glad I jumped ship, cause now by the time the 6-speed comes out I'll be on a waiting list for the new CTS-V 505 H.P. (hopefully). Oh yea, what's up with the movie TRANSFORMERS getting a new Camaro?? It takes years to make a movie, they have probably had that car since right after the Auto Show debut!!!

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Sorry, owned two Chrysler products in my life and that was enough - They made the V diff look like a Toyota.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

I believe the only Challengers that will be a stick shift will be the SRT-8's only. Don't quote me on that but I think I remember reading that not too long ago. But yeah when they launch they will only be automatics

JimmyMack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2008 will be a banner year for Detroit muscle. It'll be the Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger (Charger is being discontinued) all over again! All of them are quality designs. I can't wait for the Motor Trend shootout!

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMack View Post
    2008 will be a banner year for Detroit muscle. It'll be the Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger (Charger is being discontinued) all over again! All of them are quality designs. I can't wait for the Motor Trend shootout!
    Heh, title should read: "New/Old Ponycar Shootout: Detroit is to lazy to design anything new, and roundsout 40 year old styles."

These 'retro' designs are way to retro for me. These car's should retain some styling queue's of their namesakes, but looking like they took an exact clay model of the original, and stuck it in a giant oven, to melt some more curves into the design, just sucks. Hell Ford even put an exact copy of the hideous 60' rear spoiler on the mustang. BLECH!

I'm glad that Cadillac took a chance on Art's & Science. At least it isn't just complete rehash. Queue's are retained: egcrate grille, 'fin' style tailights, stacked headlights, but they are reinterprested in a brand new style.

Good job Caddy. Bad job 'retro me too designers'.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

If the Challenger is delivered with the same drivetrain as the Charger than it's just a styling exercise and a HUGE mistake. Now if they do what the rumors are saying - shift paddle auto / optional 6 speed, 500hp and lighten it up about 300lbs. Then we've got a contender. If not, they're F'd.

As for me, if I was in the market for a pony car, I'd wait for the Camaro.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

I sure liked the look of the concept challanger, sure hope they don't destroy the body lines when it goes into production.

Would I switch for one? If you would have asked me before I bought the V I would have said oh hell yeah but now that I have driven and modified the V I would have to say hell NO.

Plus Chrysler (Dodge) has some really crappy dashes that crack after <5 years and cost about $1,200 just for the plastic!

Can't see the challanger being any better in that regard. Not my only beef but one I look at everytime I get in my 01 Ram.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by nutzabout_v View Post
    Oh yea, what's up with the movie TRANSFORMERS getting a new Camaro?? It takes years to make a movie, they have probably had that car since right after the Auto Show debut!!!
    They had Saleen create a clone of the concept car for the movie. There was a GTO beneath all of that custom fabricated sheetmetal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.