Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  TSS 
#1 ·
425/ 420 hp/tq pistolgrip stick hemi tunable to 6 zillion hp, ???

#7 · (Edited)
The opposite! I've shelved the challenger idea, sick and tired of waiting for detroit to finish playing they're pony war price secrecy. I threw in the towel when they released reliable info that the first year of production was going to be ALL AUTOMATICS:cookoo:... I'm glad I jumped ship, cause now by the time the 6-speed comes out I'll be on a waiting list for the new CTS-V 505 H.P. (hopefully). Oh yea, what's up with the movie TRANSFORMERS getting a new Camaro?? It takes years to make a movie, they have probably had that car since right after the Auto Show debut!!!

#11 ·
2008 will be a banner year for Detroit muscle. It'll be the Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger (Charger is being discontinued) all over again! All of them are quality designs. I can't wait for the Motor Trend shootout!
Heh, title should read: "New/Old Ponycar Shootout: Detroit is to lazy to design anything new, and roundsout 40 year old styles."

These 'retro' designs are way to retro for me. These car's should retain some styling queue's of their namesakes, but looking like they took an exact clay model of the original, and stuck it in a giant oven, to melt some more curves into the design, just sucks. Hell Ford even put an exact copy of the hideous 60' rear spoiler on the mustang. BLECH!

I'm glad that Cadillac took a chance on Art's & Science. At least it isn't just complete rehash. Queue's are retained: egcrate grille, 'fin' style tailights, stacked headlights, but they are reinterprested in a brand new style.

Good job Caddy. Bad job 'retro me too designers'.

-Chris

#12 ·
If the Challenger is delivered with the same drivetrain as the Charger than it's just a styling exercise and a HUGE mistake. Now if they do what the rumors are saying - shift paddle auto / optional 6 speed, 500hp and lighten it up about 300lbs. Then we've got a contender. If not, they're F'd.

As for me, if I was in the market for a pony car, I'd wait for the Camaro.

#13 ·
#14 ·
I sure liked the look of the concept challanger, sure hope they don't destroy the body lines when it goes into production.

Would I switch for one? If you would have asked me before I bought the V I would have said oh hell yeah but now that I have driven and modified the V I would have to say hell NO.

Plus Chrysler (Dodge) has some really crappy dashes that crack after <5 years and cost about $1,200 just for the plastic!

Can't see the challanger being any better in that regard. Not my only beef but one I look at everytime I get in my 01 Ram.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.