M3 E46 vs CTS-V vs S2000
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac or competing brand model ? Why ? Discussion, M3 E46 vs CTS-V vs S2000 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Well, first of all hello to you Caddy drivers. Lets get to it. I curently have a S2000 AP1, which ...
    Alex_V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

M3 E46 vs CTS-V vs S2000

Well, first of all hello to you Caddy drivers.

Lets get to it. I curently have a S2000 AP1, which is my leisure car. And I enjoy every bit of driving of it. But for personbal reasons a nice 4 seater may be more practical. So I started looking at 4 door performance sedans for DD instead. Drove CTS-V, friends 01 M3 Vert, and started thinking: what should I get?

First thoughts:

S2000 - Current car is fantastic. No slower then a M3 in many ways, but much more exciting. Cons: 2 seater, probably easier to crash since it has no traction control.

M3 - Nice detail, great looks, plenty fast, traction control may save my ass one day. More upscale vibe. Cons: boring in comparison (sorry). Fear of maintenance cost (tell me otherwise)

CTS-V - Interior is ok, but way to much plastic, ok by my stadards. 4 doors, torque, and a Z06 motor. Cons: it too is a bit boring. do those rear diffs break from normal driving? (I have a GMC Sierra truck and it has givem me 60K plus of worry free driving. As well as few other GMC vehicles in the past)

So, am I in the ballpark in my assumptions about CTS-V? Any thought? Pro's and con's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bleeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: M3 E46 vs CTS-V vs S2000

"BORING?????" PSSSSH i take offense to that, and its entirely untrue.

Please dont take offence. I am just speaking my mind. CTS-V very, VERY, fast. But it does that in a very smooth way that takes away from a rush.

Again, I have very limited experince with driving one. Just a first impression.

As a side note, I raced road race bikes for a few years, hence any car lacks the adrenaline rush for me.

Again, accept my apology. I found CTS-V on top of a very particular list. Its truly a great car.

05cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

M3 only if its a new one, maintenance will be costly after the warranty expires. I would take my GTO's over the older ones any day. CTS V is definitely not boring and best of all most do not know its potential. This is my 1st CTS V and I would recommend it. I, personally, have never been a fan of the S2000.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_V View Post
    CTS-V - Interior is ok, but way to much plastic, ok by my stadards. 4 doors, torque, and a Z06 motor. Cons: it too is a bit boring. do those rear diffs break from normal driving? (I have a GMC Sierra truck and it has givem me 60K plus of worry free driving. As well as few other GMC vehicles in the past)

So, am I in the ballpark in my assumptions about CTS-V? Any thought? Pro's and con's?
    What assumptions are you talking about? You've stated your opinions of the CTS-V you drove, what do you expect us to tell you? Your opinion is not an assumption, it's your opinion.

Any thought? No, there isn't any thought.

This is all very confusing to me.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Mystical_Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V

i know quite a few people that got rid of their M3 to get a CTS-V...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    What assumptions are you talking about? You've stated your opinions of the CTS-V you drove, what do you expect us to tell you? Your opinion is not an assumption, it's your opinion.

Any thought? No, there isn't any thought.

This is all very confusing to me.
    Your post is equally confusing.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

These kinds of conversations always seem to go nowhere. Yeah, the V has a weak diff. Yeah, the interior doesn't require the demise of some Costa Rican forest. Yeah, this is boring.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Ryan's '05-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Yukon Denali / 2009 G8 GT

Nice Randy, that covers it.

Alex, the car is very nice stock but can be made in to a real mean machine with some mods. Randy has done a lot of nice upgrades with his not leaving him much more worth doing. Mine was a lease and I really miss it. Trust me, you can't go wrong. I did have a few diffs but that was only for some whining. I drove my car very hard and enjoyed it. Do it, you won't regret it.

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Buy what you like. Hell have you looked into a last gen BMW M5? But the CTS-V is a nice car but I have to agree with you about the interior. Flat black plastic FTL

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_V View Post
    So I started looking at 4 door performance sedans for DD instead. Drove CTS-V, friends 01 M3 Vert, and started thinking: what should I get?

Since when is the M3 Vert a 4 door? Or even a sedan for that matter?

Sounds to me you need to have the rush of an open-topped car blowing wind through your long blond hair... j/k.

You need an Elise. Nuf said.

05cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle CTS-V View Post

You need an Elise. Nuf said.

Good choice as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.